American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:19 pm 

The Historical Miniatures Gaming Society (HMGS-East) is holding its third convention of the year -- Fall In -- at the Eisenhower Inn, in Gettysburg, PA.

HMGS-East is an organization of historical tabletop gamers that has around 5,000 members, mostly from the Mid Atlantic and New England States that hosts 3 weekend conventions a year. Fall In probably attracts around 1500 players and vendors.

Fred Hubig who is the President of HMGS-East and the organizer of the recent Antietam Miniatures event covered in another post, has extended to club members and their family who would like to visit Fall In a free Guest Pass (more on this in a minute). (Also applies to interested members of any of the email gaming clubs)

All the details about Fall In can be found at the HMGS web page http://www.hmgs.org/ Just click on the link to Fall In. When you are there you can see the preliminary list of games in the PEL. There is also a link that lists the vendors. I took a brief look a the PEL this evening and their appears to be about 200 events currently listed. I think that could easily double by the event.

Each convention has a theme and this one is the ACW -- so you can expect to find many ACW games -- everywhere from small skirmish games to full battles. (In one of the other groups I belong to someone listed all the ACW games as of last week and there were around 20 at that time). There is always a wide range of periods represented -- everything from ancients to modern, land, sea and air, an occassional chariot race or even a NASCAR race.

Saturday is by far the best day for a visit, although it will be difficult to just show up on Saturday and get in a game. However, if you just go to look, you will find it very easy to ask questions whether about the figures, the terrain, the rules, the battle, ...

Normally there is a fee for the event, but if you would like to go and just look around, as I mentioned earlier you and your guest(s) (spouse, child, friend)will be extended a free guest pass, but <i><b>you need to either post a reply to this with the names of those planning to attend, or send me a separate email no later then Monday November 7.</b></i> When you get to the event, go to the registration area, identify your self as a member of the ACW Wargame Club. If there are any problems ask to speak to Fred Hubig.

If you want to attend and play the games, you should sign up via the normal process at the web site.

..and one last thing. I plan to go to Fall In on Saturday. I live in Brick, Ocean County NJ and my route will be 195 west to the NJ Turnpike, south to the PA Turnpike and west to the Gettsyburg exit and then south to Gettysburg. If any one lives an easy-off/easy-on to that route you are welcome to join me. I plan to leave Brick around 7:00 am and leave Gettysburg Saturday night around 6:00 pm. If interested send me an email direct [url]bob4x4fun@comcast.net[/url]

Lt Gen Bob Breen
Commanding XIX Corps, AoS
"Defenders of the Right"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:02 pm 
Looking forward to it. I won't be there to play but I'll be there for sure on Saturday, with camera and tripod in hand! Anybody want to see a picture of Bob? [:)]

Lt. Roland Morris
5th Brigade
1st Division
16th Corp
Army of the Tennessee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:40 pm 

Awesome! Wish I could come, but not this year. I'm gonna have to start painting again! Thanks for the links.[:)]

Major General Don Golen
2nd Brig/3rd Div/ I Corps/
Army of the Potomac, USA!
"The Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:07 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rmorris</i>
<br />Looking forward to it. I won't be there to play but I'll be there for sure on Saturday, with camera and tripod in hand! Anybody want to see a picture of Bob? [:)]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

ABSOLUTELY

NOT![:D]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:48 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rmorris</i>
<br />Looking forward to it. I won't be there to play but I'll be there for sure on Saturday, with camera and tripod in hand! Anybody want to see a picture of Bob? [:)]

ABSOLUTELY

NOT![:D]

ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Really? I heard he was a handsome bugger... In fact if enough of us are there I was thinking of doing a "Boys of the ACWGC" calendar to raise money for the club![:D]

Lt. Roland Morris
5th Brigade
1st Division
16th Corp
Army of the Tennessee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:06 am 

Commander Morris: This was in an email from Fred Hubig last night:

Roland was kind enough to send me a CD of the pics he took (but didn't send a note). I mistakenly thought he was the Harrisburg newspaper photographer who was taking pictures at Antietam, too. Consequently, when the article comes out in HMG Magazine, Roland will be identified as the Harrisburg Patriot photographer. Hope he doesn't mind ;-)

Commander Sands: For pictures I have a stand in. Cadet Anthony Paul Breen, 14 moinths, of Shrewsbury, Mass is the photogenic (future) war gamer in the family. Also does calendar shots in blue, grey or buff.

Lt Gen Bob Breen
"Defenders of the Right"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:14 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bobbreen</i>
<br />Commander Morris: This was in an email from Fred Hubig last night:

Roland was kind enough to send me a CD of the pics he took (but didn't send a note). I mistakenly thought he was the Harrisburg newspaper photographer who was taking pictures at Antietam, too. Consequently, when the article comes out in HMG Magazine, Roland will be identified as the Harrisburg Patriot photographer. Hope he doesn't mind ;-)

Commander Sands: For pictures I have a stand in. Cadet Anthony Paul Breen, 14 moinths, of Shrewsbury, Mass is the photogenic (future) war gamer in the family. Also does calendar shots in blue, grey or buff.

With Lake Quinsigamond in the background?[8]

ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:40 am 

Lt. Morris!

If You are serious about the ACWGC Calender . . . I would be willing to pose. [;)]

I too "do" Blue, Grey - BUT(t) - mostly Buff!!! [:D]

Question is . . . . could Ernie bear to see <b><i><u><font size="4">THAT!!</font id="size4"></u></i></b> [:I] [:p]

Pat. [:o)]

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Commanding
II Corps,
Army of Georgia.
"Spartan Southrons"
C.S.A.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:52 pm 
[quote]<i>Originally posted by eireb</i>
<br />Lt. Morris!

If You are serious about the ACWGC Calender . . . I would be willing to pose. [;)]

Question is . . . . could Ernie bear to see <b><i><u><font size="4">THAT!!</font id="size4"></u></i></b> [:I] [:p]

Well, no actually I'm not. The thought of seeing any of you guys "out of uniform" is enough to scare me sober! [xx(] If I do meet ACWGC members in Gettysburg I will be happy to post your pictures so that the other members know who they're shooting at in battle!

If you've never been to a miniatures event you have to see it! It's an awesome thing to behold. I'd really encourage you to check it out if you get the chance.

Lt. Roland Morris
5th Brigade
1st Division
16th Corp
Army of the Tennessee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:21 pm 

<i>With Lake Quinsigamond in the background?

Ernie Sands
LtGen, Commanding, Army of Ohio </i>

Actually his grandmother on the other side of the family lives on the street next to the lake. He lives about a mile away, closer to what I think is the center of town.

Lt Gen Bob Breen
"Defenders of the Right"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:34 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by eireb</i>
<br />Lt. Morris!

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,

Colonel Carroll,

I believe 'buff' is the trim color for staff officers, isn't it [:o)] ?

Just in case any of our other handsome Southern officers are considering volunteering for this club fund-raiser, consider this an order from the CSA CoA: Remember that we are representing the best of Southern manhood. Sloppiness will not be tolerated. Boots and sashes will be worn [:I] !

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army