American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:03 am 
Home system seems to be operational now (yeah), but for mysterious reasons my servers are bouncing back to me emails sent using my acwgc account.

A result of something I did to fix the other problem(s)?? No idea. I am giving up on trying to solve the problem and will be using a webmail account to deal with the backlog over the next couple of days.

Original Posting Was "Horse was down, should be up tonight"

Gentlemen

I was trying to reshoe the steed last weekend (new hardware) and I managed to first make it lame (no internet) and then cripple it (no CD). I think we have that licked and he should be out for a trot late this eve.

My apologies for any inconvenience I may have caused...

Lt Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:56 am 
Sirs

My Club activities continue to be severely impaired as I try to figure out what is going on here. Getting here this morning took 4 reboots and that is comparatively good as I actually managed to get here.

My apologies to all, but I am afraid it is not simple. My work situation is such that my home computer is part of my work and the nature of how I have been operating involves 4 machines, 2 operating systems, 3 portable info transfer methods, 2 networks, and 2 servers.

In the past 3 weeks 2 of the machines, 3 other pieces of hardware, and 1 operating system have changed. Add to that the installation of 3 new significant pieces of software and one very flakey server and you have a situation where it is very difficult to tell what the cause of any particular symptom are, or if it is a single problem or multiple, or if it is specific conflicts between any 2 parts of the system.

I ask your patience and indulgence as I continue to try and resolve this.

Thank you

Lt Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:18 am 

I reckon your men can use the rest....Running is tiring......Well they might not be running yet, but I have the sneaking suspision they want too--atleast that's what wez been hope'n. So let them take the rest and take your time, maybe they will run further when we resume.
MG Michael Laabs
3/III A of M

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:08 pm 

Hey Mike,

I found your manual lying here, wrapped around 3 cigars. If you want, I'll have Longstreet send it over along with some "tech support" boys, and a 12#er, and then we'll "misfire" some cannister into your base unit. You can then take the insurance money and buy a brand new horse.

Sound like a plan? [:I]

Good luck!

Maj Gen Sean Turner
3rd Cavalry Division, "Yankee Thrasher"
I Corps
Army of Alabama

Profile Send private message