American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Changes in ANV Command
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:34 am 

As many of may already know, I the former Commander of the ANV had taken leave in August for personal reasons and <b>General Dave Bowman</b> took over as Interim Commander. Just this morning and during last week in e-mails I am proud to announce that Dave will become the <b>Commanding Officer of the Army of Northern Virginia</b> permanently and effective today as ordered by the CSA Command.

I take my leave from the ANV having served as best I could and knowing full well that the Army is in excellent hands and that every man knows his duty. The ANV still continues to be the best Army in the CSA and Club and will continue that I have no doubt.

I would like to thank these people for their support and time over the past year or so, DW Mallory, Den McBride, Tony Hill, Jo Huels, Dave Bowman, Jeff Laub (Yes a Yank), Chris Cross, and to my CC's when I was in Command, Lloyd Cole, Chris Cross (II Corps), Tony Hill , Dave Bowman (III Corps), and Alphonse de Mere (I Corps), and to folks like Don Adams, DS Walter (Yankee #2), Mark Zapp (I pray your well), Mike Smith, Claes Melbro, Steve Edgar, Jon Thayer, Jim O'Neill, Ed Schreiner, Eric Karcher, Rich Hamilton, Steve Donlon, Dwight Conlan, Rudy Zodda, Steve Kitchen, Jaume Campderros, Phil Chimara (Yankee #3), Phil Squair, Robert Riley, Andreas Naujoks, Boyd Denner, Ricardo Bonachia, John Longstreet, Patrick Carroll, Russ Levy, Jim Thomas, Bill Peters, Pierre Desruisseaux, to some more Yanks, Mark Nelms, John Corbin, Sam Dodson, Jeff Bangma, Larry Quick (Your the Man!!), Don Golen, Michael Gjerde, Ned Simms (For the Link Express Updates), Devon Hill, BG Schlueter, Bill Zuelsdorff, Al Amos, Ernies Sands, John Marchese, Gary McClellan, Stefan Reuter, Tom Linquanti, Simone Tombesi, and Phil Roubaud. To all these guys for the various different reasons.

Special thanks to my current game with Dale Lastowicka. Thanks for not giving up on my return. [:D]

A very, very special thanks to one person who really kept me in the club and interested when life got so bad this past year, <b>Nick Kunz</b>!! For the constant encouragement and e-mails. Him combined with a few others allowed me to drive on. Thanks Nick!!

I also would like to thank the boys at the AoP, Laub, Golen, Bangma, and McClellan, you guys are always the best rivals and good friends of the ANV and my Command.

I hope I got almost everyone, I went through both OOB's to try to find everyone. If I forgot you for some reason, thanks to you too. Thanks to everyone who makes this club quite fun.

Now last thing, Command has seen fit to allow me to lead the III Corps of the ANV, so with all this drinks for all!!

Thanks Dave Bowman et al!! [:D]</center>

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, III Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
"The Army Commissary"
Retried ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1st Inaugural Address
</center>

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:47 am 
Gen. Ludwig (Scott),

You've done an awesome job with the ANV, albeit the best clay one could work with in the Club. Your list of the people who've helped, encouraged and contributed to your enjoyment gives testament to all the best values we see in this Club.

Best of luck to you with III Corps and to our new CO, General Bowman!

Gen. Den McBride
ANV, C.S.A.
ACWGC Cabinet Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:37 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Andale Mono"><font color="pink">General Ludwig Suh! <salute>

Scott, thank you for the kind words but I really was only responding in kind as you were soo nice and considerate of me early on in the Club! I am most excited for you as you return to take command of III Corps! You have left ANV with a solid foundation and in good hands with General Dave Bowman!

<font size="5"><font color="beige"><center>A BIG WELCOME BACK!</center></font id="beige"></font id="size5">

I am as always,

Your Obedient Servant,

</font id="pink"></font id="Andale Mono">

<font color="pink">Nick Kunz
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\library\vol_1\v1p2_files\CsaGenStaffB.gif[/img]
Major General
Commandant, VMI
Confederate States of America</font id="pink">
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\AoA\Images\Flags\starsnbars_clr.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:19 am 

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, III Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
"The Army Commissary"
Retried ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1st Inaugural Address
</center>