American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:35 am 

Larry.

I am shocked and saddened to read of this vandalism. What can one say - other than there are some very sick and sad people on this planet. That Your ISP does not perform Back-ups is so enfuriatingly amateur, it beggers belief!

Hang on in there Larry - if there's any assistance that can be of use to Ye, I can't do much - but, holler and I'll do what I can. I'm sure members of the club will be glad to pitch in with their expertise if necessary.

After the Hoss has bolted . . have Ye thought of investing in a Zip drive? The discs hold so much more than a Floppy and the Machine should be reasonably cheap. Ideal for personal Back-ups of a Site.

Best of Luck Larry - and don't forget to holler if need be! [;)]

Pat.

Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Brigadier General.
Carroll's Corps,(II)
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia.
C.S.A.Cabinet Secretary

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:25 am 

Well Larry . . . It appears, Ye have <i>just about</i> enuff hardware/software, to keep goin' and to get things as they were! [:o)]

Now . . . if Ye could get an upgrade for the Grey Thing between Yer ears . . . why! That'd be just about purrfickt! [:p]

Glad to hear things are not quite as disastrous as they first sounded.

Onwards and upwards Larry! [8D]

Pat.

Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Brigadier General.
Carroll's Corps,(II)
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia.
C.S.A.Cabinet Secretary

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:37 am 
Does the "open to all" format of the FtW open forum make it more susceptible to hacking? If so, then perhaps you might consider establishing an access code for that forum as well, and create some sort of application for those who wish to post to that particular thread, so that you can screen out the charlatans, mountebanks and carpet baggers.

I did notice that the day before the open forum thread crashed, someone had soiled the thread with some obnoxious spam ad links.

I know that I speak for many here when I say that such reckless abuse of these sites is most reprehensible, and those who engage in such activity should be ridden off the site on a rail.

Since the FtW site http://www.acwgc.org/games/ftw/ is one of my daily stops on the internet, I wish you the best of luck on a speedy recovery of the site.

Carry On Gentlemen,

Formerly
Col. Charles S. Hayes
Copperheads Brigade
2nd Division
1st Corps
AoA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:54 am 

That is shameful!! We had so much recent and good history going on there. [V][:(!][xx(]

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, III Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retried ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1st Inaugural Address

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - 1NWCG[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:59 am 

I don't say it enough Larry, but I want you to know, and I'm sure I speak for many of my fellow officers, I thoroughly appreciate the hard work you put into these forums and websites. Really, thanks.

Major General Don Golen
1st Div/ V Corps/
Army of the Potomac, USA!
"The Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:52 pm 

You screamed at somebody? [:0] I don't believe that for a minute.....[;)]

Major General Jeff Bangma
Commander,Army of the Potomac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:08 pm 

Lt. I suppose we should ask if anything that might be compromising in any way can come out of this, but more to the point....How about a COOL LEMONADE. Sum folk put some of that special water in it to give it taste---that of course is all up to personal taste, as I have seen its sometimes ill effects.
But hey, I think you should be repermanded for allowing this to happen[:0]!

How about it Army of Potomac, how about we demote the man. [:p]

What's that, he is already a Lt., OK this so how about you promote the man a step, then take a step from his rank.[:D]

What's that? He pays to volenters time energy and cash to the cause of the club? Ok, how about promoting him a few ranks!![8D]

Ok that doesn't completely fit within club rules, besides he does all this on his own accord. I suppose a cyber toast would be appropriate.[:)]

MG Michael Laabs
3/III A of M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:11 pm 

Not meaning to sound dense but exactly where was/is this site ?

Major General John Corbin
Commanding officer
Army of The James
USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:48 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by John Corbin</i>
<br />Not meaning to sound dense but exactly where was/is this site ?

Major General John Corbin
Commanding officer
Army of The James
USA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The FtW forum is located at http://www.acwgc.org/games/ftw/. Enjoy and join. I understand that the game masters are always looking for a few good Officers who wish to restore of the Union. However, you should be warned that the FtW project requires men of near infinite patience, at least during these early turns. I, for one, believe this project is well worth the commitment of time and energy, and I encourage you to consider it.

Carry On Gentlemen,

Formerly
Col. Charles S. Hayes
Copperheads Brigade
2nd Division
1st Corps
AoA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:32 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notso</i>
<br />Point of clarification:

However … you could decide it would be more fitting to send Gen. Moose and me to the stockade? … well … we could find the stockade in the total blackness of night while fighting off a division of yelling screaming Rebs. You see … the stockade is our home away from home. Just ask the fine members of the AoP. [:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)][:o)]

2nd Lt Larry (Notso) Quick
"Moycullen's Marauders"
5/1/1 AoP

"Now fill your glasses up, my boys, a toast come drink with me,
May Erin's Harp and the Starry Flag united ever be!"

"Then fill your glasses up, my boys, and drink a hearty cheer,
To the land of our adoption and the Irish volunteer!"

Larry spends so much time in the stockade that the AoP quartermaster has never bothered to issue him a tent. [:p]

Major General Don Golen
1st Div/ V Corps/
"The Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:48 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
Larry spends so much time in the stockade that the AoP quartermaster has never bothered to issue him a tent. [:p]

Major General Don Golen

Sirs,

The Yanks get to sleep in TENTS??? And their miscreants get a solid roof over their heads???

I had always heard the Yanks were wimpy, this just confirms it [:)] ! The next thing ya'll will be telling me is that they wear SHOES [:D] !

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:33 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

Major General Don Golen

Sirs,

The Yanks get to sleep in TENTS??? And their miscreants get a solid roof over their heads???

I had always heard the Yanks were wimpy, this just confirms it [:)] ! The next thing ya'll will be telling me is that they wear SHOES [:D] !

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Yes sir, we've discovered all kinds of useful things you rebs don't do, like we like to brush our teeth (not tooth as in your cases) and we occasionally use a thing called S O A P. In fact, I'd like to send you a bar before you come by Rosie's again, if you don't mind. [:D]

Major General Don Golen
1st Div/ V Corps/
"The Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:56 am 

How about promote Lt. Quick to President[:p], then we'd win this war for sure[:)]. You've probable been ask this before, but don't you have a firewall on your system

Lt. Col. Gery Bastiani
Fightin' Carolinians
II/2/4 AotM CSA

"I rather die then be whipped - J.E.B Stuart