American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:42 pm 

Gentlemen on May 14, 2006, Generals Derald Riggs, John Dragan, and I will assemble at the Shiloh National Battlefield. We have been constant friends for some time and will take this opportunity to view this site en masse while taking many pictures and laughing all the while. We invite any other officers who might wish to join us to step forward to enlarge this gathering without hesitation. We welcome your participation in the spirit of friendship and hope those who cannot attend will be with us in spirit. Officers with questions or considerations may contact me at dvdanner@cableone.net

L Gen Dave Danner
Army XO, Adjutant, & XX Cops Commander AoC

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:24 pm 

Gentlemen: Please change that date to may 12th, 2006. d

L Gen Dave Danner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:48 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Andale Mono"><font color="pink">Gentlemen,

I could not think of a more perfect way to spend a weekend! (opps, I hope my wife is not looking) The fellowship at a sacred place such as Shiloh will be an awesome experience and my spirit will be there with all of you! That being said, my own perfect weekend is fast approaching as Russ Daley and I (possibly Tony Best) will be visiting Gettysburg on Saturday, March 4th. I have a feeling we will be like little girls too, what a wonderful experience and I can't wait! I have been wearing a big smile for a couple of weeks now! Enjoy!

Regards,

</font id="pink"></font id="Andale Mono">

<font color="pink">Nick Kunz
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\library\vol_1\v1p2_files\CsaGenStaffB.gif[/img]
Major General
Commandant, VMI
Confederate States of America</font id="pink">
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\AoA\Images\Flags\starsnbars_clr.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:45 pm 

General Kunz Suh,
Hope ya'll have a wonderful time at Gettysburg, I'm going to try and make it late spring or early summer workload permitting. My wife and daughters were up in Emmittsburg two weeks ago and took a side trip to Gettysburg. They were lucky, if I had gone along they would have spent a whole lot longer time there then they did[:)]. A few years ago while traveling up highway 81 in Va. They asked it I wanted to stop in at the New Market battlefield their mistake[:p], spent half a day there and got back home a little late. Oh by the way is a warbison any relation to a General Moose[:0]

Respectfully,

Lt. Col. Gery Bastiani
Fightin' Carolinians
II/2/4 AotM

"Let us pass over the river and rest under the shade of the trees" -Stonewall Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:35 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Andale Mono"><font color="pink">Colunel Bastiani,

Oh my, here are the secrets! Back in the mid 70's I lived in Emmittsburg for a year, saw Gettysburg for a couple of hours at night one evening! I lived in Smithsburg, about 10 miles from Antietam as the crow flies, never went. Spend 3 1/2 years at Fort Belvoir, Virginia, never visited a ACW site the whole time![xx(]

Warbison is a nic name that I picked up from reading John Jakes' North and South. Orry Main went to the school on the Hudson River and was known by the name Bison. When I tried to use it on a website, someone else already had it, therefore, Warbison. And that's the rest of the story![:D]

Regards,

</font id="pink"></font id="Andale Mono">

<font color="pink">Nick Kunz
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\library\vol_1\v1p2_files\CsaGenStaffB.gif[/img]
Major General
Commandant, VMI
Confederate States of America</font id="pink">
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\AoA\Images\Flags\starsnbars_clr.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:57 am 

Hey Nick,

Whooooo.....I had to read that post a second time. I thought it read "I have a feeling we will be liking little girls too".....Well my mind must be in the gutter all ready this morning!!!!

I cant wait. I emailed you that I have an Auto Tour CD and Wayne E Motts will be our guide....So what's for dinner after our long day? Prime Rib of Crag Legs!!!!

And Dave, you will also have fun.....

Russ,

Lt.Col. R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:07 am 
Hey Dave,
I am up for this!! This is my favorite Battle and I was just talking to NIck about getting something together. Not sure what my schedule is like for May yet but if I can get a 3 or 4 day pass I am there! More to follow.

Dan

Colonel D.H. Smith
3rd Cavalry Divison,III Corps,AoA
http://sapper99.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:53 am 

*sigh*

3 weeks later and I coulda made it... I coulda been...a contenda! [:(]

Maj Gen Sean Turner
3rd Cavalry Division, "The Bishop's Men"
I Corps
Army of Alabama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:02 pm 

I live in Clarksville TN which makes me very close to many of the TN battle sights, my problem is that I work Friday - Monday, and attend school Monday through Friday, Maybe between the Spring and Summer semesters I could meet some who might beable to do it then.

GEN. Tony Malone
Commander Army of Mississippi
"Do your duty in all things, You can never do more, You should never wish to do less".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:05 am 

General Danner,

I checked my home calendar, and I might actually be able to make it!

So, you're all planning to be there on Friday, May 12, right? It will take me all day to get there from mid-Missouri, so I'll have to take two days of vacation, but I think that's doable.

Where do you plan to meet and what time?

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:28 am 

D.W. that's great and fantastic. I just got a flyer from the Park Service and will be checking into rooms later tonight. It looks like the closest place is 12 miles from the battlefield but that's no problem. I will keep everyone informed and May 12th is the correct date. Dave

L Gen Dave Danner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:07 pm 

Gentlemen of the Club,

Many of us who haven't been able to attend the club get-togethers/reunions/TillerCon's on the east coast have been pining for something like this in the west (okay, the midwest, for you Californians!). I just received word today of a couple of others who plan to make it, from Alabama and Mississippi.

I've always imagined showing up to one of these events and just sitting around guessing who everyone is. (I'll be the skinny guy singing "We were seven miles from Memphis when the boilers let go ... " [:D] )

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:14 am 
I'm unable to attend, but I just came back from a visit there. First we visited Ft Donelson about the same date as the actual battle. It snowed the day before, was 15-degrees, plus a horrible wind making it very unpleasant even for us northerners that got there to get away from our snow - I had 18" and one guy in our group came from 27" in NY. We just drove 900 miles south to get away and found it colder in TN than NY/PA! So the next day we just stayed at the hotel and played computer wargames of HPS Shiloh and Combat Mission CMBB. Then Monday to Shiloh when the weather was decent. 25-degrees but no wind, and no mud. Two of us did a drink of German Asbach at the site where Johnston died. Spent most of the day there and did a lot of walking - the length of the hornets nest, the bloody pond, down some dirt trails looking at some of the CSA mass graves, where we did more toasts of either Ukrainian beer or Asbach. Then back to home in another all day 900 mile drive Tues... good luck on your trip sirs! BvB

MajGen, 2/VIII/AoS
"Beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore!"