American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:40 am 

Four new scenarios are available for HPS Campaign Gettysburg at Brett Shulte’s ACW Campaign Games Design Center (http://www.brettschulte.net/ACWCGDC/1863east.htm). They are very similar to the BGG Wheatfield to Roundtop and Longstreet’s Other Boot scenarios, along with a tweak here and there in order to make the games more playable with the HPS engine. You simply download one or more of them into your main folder along with the map file and you are ready to play. These games will also be placed on the SZO site this week.

The 06c game was play tested by Atle Jenssen and Bob Weir. My many thanks to them as they suffered through the delays of my eye surgeries as they play tested. Their suggestions were like gold. Also of invaluable assistance were Rich Hamilton and Ken Miller with their advice and especially Bill Peters who took a rookie through the trials and tribulations of scenario designing at great cost to his own time. To make their efforts worthwhile, I'll try not to stop at just these four scenarios (two more already in play testing).

I hope that the club enjoys them.

Brig Gen Ned Simms
VI/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:56 am 

can these be played with the latest HPS patchs ?

Lieutenant General John Corbin
Commanding officer
Army of The James
USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:28 pm 

I'm fortunate in that HPS Campaign Gettysburg doesn't have any patches or updates as yet. There are counterbalances built into the scenarios for the purpose of offsetting differences between the HPS and BG engines so that they will hopefully play as balanced as possible. Some of those differences are the release of fixed units when an enemy unit approaches within 5 hexes, the different effects of artillery fire, and the increased disruption caused by routing units. If you play the 06c version against an opponent of equal wargaming talents, then I succeeded if both of you sweat it out till the last turn is over. Time will tell.

Brig Gen Ned Simms
VI/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:14 pm 

Hi, General Simms,

Just wanted to say thank you for recreating two of my favorite BGG scenarios for HPS. Haven't had a chance to play them yet, but I probably will when I get back from my next backpacking expedition. Just one question; how did you create a map?

MG Mike Mihalik
1/III/AoMiss/CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:13 am 

I created a submap from the main Gettysburg map in HPS Campaign Gettyburg that includes only the ground that was included in the BG Wheatfield to Roundtop map.

Brig Gen Ned Simms
VI/AoS/USA