American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:30 pm 

Hi Notso!

How could anyone think less of a man of Your calibre???? [:o)]

Seriously Larry, you'd need to define "boring".

If You mean, why is there not more Role-playing and skitting around . . . this was covered recently in another post, where it became apparent that most of the ACWGC are here for the Gaming and a li'll fun in adopted roles, when and only when, they have no Turns to make. [:(]

Also, the proliferation of Taverns/Boards means that in order to Play, diversify their interests AND Role-Play . . . . the ACWGC would need to change from being "Amateur" and part-time . . . to "Professional" and Full Time.! [:p]

NOW . . if this comes about . . . lemme go on the Record as being 1st in the Queue!!!! If anyone is gonna git paid fer having FUN . . . ME!ME!ME! I said it fustest . . . I get "Dibbs" on the fustest Officers' Commission in the Club! [:D]

Pat. [8D]

Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Brigadier General.
Carroll's Corps,(II)
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia.
C.S.A.Cabinet Secretary

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:47 am 

Gentlemen,

The amount of work that Larry has done for the club's various websites is magnificent, marvellous, terrific and a few other superlatives that I cannot spell.

But.

CAPTAIN!!!!!!![:0] WHO PROMOTED HIM!!!![}:)]

WHY???????[:o)]

Actually, why not?[^]

Well done, mate!

Larry needs a mirror. If HE thinks that the board is boring...[:p][:p]

Maj Gen Mark Oakford
XVIII, AoJ
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:37 am 

Hi Larry,

I think part of it is, there's not 600 "active" members here...probably closer to 200 or so who actually visit the forums on any regular basis, maybe a bit more, but less than that who are active posters. And only a small percentage of them are prolific posters...

Regards,
Rich

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:12 am 

Last edited by dradams2 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:38 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Andale Mono"><font color="pink">Gentlemen! <salute>

Larry has had a problem getting promoted because he is 'Notso' Quick! Hahaha! Sorry Larry, how many times have you heard that one! Hey, I am still relatively new to the Club so the postings I visit, M/D Tav, Opponent Finder and Southern Raiders (oh no! I stay away from the hot house!) seem pretty much the same for the past 16 months. As for stirring up the sides about braggin on victories, well lets just say the likes of Colonel Ken Schneider, BG Neil Edwards and MG Scott Schlitte seem to be whuppin up on my poor hind side a lot more than not, not much to crow about there!

I think the same thing is happening over at all of the Taverns in the Club. I post stuff every now and then at the VMI Mess Hall and occasionally we get someone to stop by and visit for a chat (General Mallory is pretty good at this) but by and large I believe most in the Club have never visited. Now maybe this is something that the training academies should spend a little more time on during training! I will agree though that I have less time for chatting than gaming when things are going hot and heavy!

Well, that is my two cents worth!

Regards to all,

</font id="pink"></font id="Andale Mono">

<font color="pink">Nick Kunz
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\library\vol_1\v1p2_files\CsaGenStaffB.gif[/img]
Lieutenant General
Commandant, VMI
Confederate States of America</font id="pink">
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\AoA\Images\Flags\starsnbars_clr.gif[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:10 pm 

Hi,
Speaking strictly for myself, I enjoy the discussions of game mechanics and ideas for improvement in the games, but that has been going on since Talonsoft had a forum eight or so years ago and I suspect it is a broken record for most folks now. Sometimes it even gets results. General Walter's post on artillery disruption is a case in point. Some posts don't lend themselves to discussion. It seems lately that posts have fallen off. But maybe this is a cyclical thing. Used to enjoy the series replays, but they weren't in the tavern and must have entailed a lot of work. Anyway, that idea died a long time ago.

MG Mike Mihalik
1/III/AoMiss/CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:29 am 
As I recall Captain Kangaroo also had a Moose for a sidekick. Do you have a bunny rabbit and a strange guy in overalls hanging around???

Capt. T. Brewster
4th Ohio Rifles
2nd Division
V Corps
AoP