American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:50 pm 

Notso, old friend, you have turned to the dark side![:(]

First you put your head between your knees, pucker up and...[:D]

Good luck for your decision. I presume that you know where to come for a good old fashioned flogging, don't you?[}:)]

Have fun![:p]

Maj Gen Mark Oakford
XVIII, AoJ

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:07 pm 

Reminds me of Frank Armstrong, who fought for the Union at Manassas before resigning in August 1861 to join the Confederacy. He later became a cavalry general and fought under Forrest.

MG Mike Mihalik
1/III/AoMiss/CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:42 pm 
Larry,

Glad you finally see the light. It will be good to have you. General Kunz was quick on the ball (as always) and has already sent word to General Mallory so hopefully you will be on the GOOD side soon.

Regards,

Chris

Lt. Gen. Chris Cross
Western Theater Commander &
Chief of Staff, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:09 am 

This is great Larry.....I welcome you with open arms. First it was Tony, now you!!! I guess I'll have to switch over to the Union just so I have someone of different uniform color to fight.....Yeah right!!!! I'll fight the AI before I wear blue.....

Colonel R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:24 am 

<b><font color="beige">Well, well Notso you have finally seen the error of your ways [B)]...took ya long enough [;)]

One can only hope with this change of values a whole "<i>new</i>" & "<i>improved</i>" <s>Nutso</s> Notso will dwell amongst us [:p][:D]

Now that you've picked the right side....I'll just wait to see if you can pick the right army before I buy ya a drink [:0]</font id="beige"></b>

<font color="blue"><b>Maj.Gen. R.A.Weir</b></font id="blue">
<font color="yellow">-- CALVERT LINE --</font id="yellow">
<b>First--III--AoA CSA</b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:20 am 

[:0]

Major General Don Golen
1st Div/ V Corps/
Army of the Potomac, Union!
Assistant Commandant Union War College
http://acwgc.org/wc/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:52 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notso</i>
<br />

If someone would be so kind to inform me how to prosecute this maneuver ... I would be ever so much obliged.

Larry Quick

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Captain Quick,

Switching sides has been allowed before, but must be approved by the CoA's of both sides.

The standard practice in this case would be to reduce your OBD points to 15 and have you start back over as a Second Lieutenant. If you elect to go through VMI, you could pick up 15 points and be promoted to a Field Lieutenant.

If you're still interested, send your request to your CoA, with a 'cc' to me, and he and I will negotiate the exchange. (I suppose you propose to bring along that mangy moose of yours, as well, right? [:(] )

Be aware that General Laub is out of touch for a few days, sailing around somewhere as a guest of the Scandanavian Navy, if I understand correctly, so it may be a while before he gets back to you. He or I one will respond to your request and let you know our decision.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:58 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Andale Mono"><font color="pink">Captain Quick and General Moose Sirs! <salute>

I and my staff stand ready to assist you with your Southern indoctrination at the Hallowed Halls of the Vicksburg Military Institute! We will see that General Moose is outfitted in the proper butternut and grey. Perhaps we could teach him to mix us up some Mint julip drinks, after your training is completed of course!

Respectfully,

</font id="pink"></font id="Andale Mono">

<font color="pink">Nick Kunz
[img]C:\FrontPage%20Webs\Content\library\vol_1\v1p2_files\CsaGenStaffB.gif[/img]
Lieutenant General
Commandant, VMI
Confederate States of America</font id="pink">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:43 am 

Most Esteemed Sirs of the Confederacy!

I am horricated and shockified that the Leadership of the Confederacy are displaying such a lax a dazical attitude to accepting the galvanised Notso! [:0]

Surely Y'all can see that this is a nefarious Yankee plot to jeopardise our glorious Cause? Capt. Quick has confessed to his intentions regarding bringing Gen'l Moose with him into the Bosom of Dixie!

<i>Bosom</i>(s) being the critical factor in this Evil Yankee Plot!!!!!! [}:)] [:I]

If Miss Lulu also accompanies Notso South of the MD Line . . . she will be more effective than any Blockade in diminishing our Food Supplies, (Not to menion our limited stock of Good Liqour)! She will also cause more physical damage and mental anguish to Our Boys than a Union cannonade . . . just when They have been Furloughed and in need of Rest and Recouperation!!!! [}:)]

Beware Suhs . . Ah Sayus . . . BEWARE!!!!!! [B)]

Seriously tho' . . . welcome aboard Larry . . . . Right not Might will prevail! [:D]

Pat.

Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Brigadier General.
Carroll's Corps,(II)
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia.
C.S.A.Cabinet Secretary

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:14 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by eireb</i>
<br />
"If Miss Lulu also accompanies Notso South of the MD Line ..."

Patrick G.M.Carroll,

Hold on just a cotton-pickin' minute there! Nobody said <i>ANYTHING </i> about allowing Miss Lulu within our lines! I might (I said, I <i>might</i>) consent to General Moose crossing over -- at least he has displayed some table manners [:D] -- and if he comes over it would only be fittin' for him to bring Notso along (assuming General Moose will vouch for him), but under <b>NO </b>circumstances is Miss Lulu to be allowed through the picket lines. We have far too many young soldiers who, having never 'seen the elephant', have at least heard tales of the enormous beast and in their confusion and exuberance to prove themselves worthy the poor souls may just unleash a volley in the direction of Miss Lulu [:0] . (Miss Lulu in gray would highly resemble such critter [;)] !)

I am no politician and such delicate matters must by necessity be left to those governing our young nation, but IMHO, there are some things best left ABOVE the Mason-Dixon line [:)] .

For now, though, let us say no more of this matter until General Laub returns and is able to provide his input.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:58 am 
Naturally the Union War College is sad to lose Notso, but given the diverse and henious crimes the rebels have committed they had to expect Providence to take some terrible retribution sooner or later.

None of us anticipated that they would be punished this severely, but who are we to question Fate?

As part of War College tradition there will be a ceremonial running of the gauntlet following evening mess; Officers are asked to bring their own sabre. Please note that the question of whether he is to be flogged before or after the running has been settled by opting to do both.

A farewell party will be held in the Mess following the execution.

Officers on duty may sign the family's condolance card in the Commandant's Office any time before 1100 hrs tomorrow. Once the rebels have determined what command is to be given to Notso he will be formally handed over in a small ceremony attended by 2 privates and a mule, viz the cadaver will be dumped into an appropriate river to carry him down to his new brethern.

The Officers of the War College wish him all the best in his new situation [:D]

Lt Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:27 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by greenFyre</i>
the cadaver will be dumped into an appropriate river to carry him down to his new brethern.

I suppose this is referring to the Mississippi? All appropriate rivers in the Western and Eastern theater of war seem to be running from them to us. (A considerable hazard for the Union cause, seeing how it imperils our fresh water supply. Especially with floating corpses.)

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
Reserve Artillery, AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:42 am 

Lt. Quick,
I like the sound of that. Seems right for you to be fighting for the rebels--we have seen the fight in your eye and a rebelious nature that sometimes lets itself out. Rebel to the core as I see it. Given you bring enough rations and Greenbacks to the South,we might even let you into my unit--I beleive Webber has been inactive for a long time and really isn't among us anymore. But beware--we in the Southern army require a bit of decorm and general edicate....Can you do that.....Also can hit your spittoon from at least 5 yards?
MG Michael Laabs
3/III A of M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:12 am 

Upon further reflection: Your loss is our gain.[:p]

Major General Don Golen
1st Div/ V Corps/
Army of the Potomac, Union!
Assistant Commandant Union War College
http://acwgc.org/wc/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:40 pm 

quote: posted by General Walter
I suppose this is referring to the Mississippi?

No Suh, the corspe will be deposited into the Hudson[:p]

Respectfully,

Lt. Col. Gery Bastiani
Fightin' Carolinians
II/2/4 AotM

"Let us pass over the river and rest under the shade of the trees" -Stonewall Jackson