American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:51 am 

Gentlemen;
If General Laub needs someone to be on his team while he kicks your Rebel Behind, I'd be happy to volunteer for that job.[:D]

Major General Don Golen

1st Division/ V Corps/Army of the Potomac, Union!
Assistant Commandant Union War College

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:26 am 
I know I'm new here Capt. Quick, but I've been playing the TS games since '98. My first game against a Yank earned me a major victory (The day before scenario-calvalry engagement), and your description of play style makes me wonder. I'd like to see a style outside of the norm, as it will only give me new ideas. I'd also love to work with someone from my actual home state army as well, to lay waste to the Yankee horde. So if you are interested in taking a chance on a new recruit I'd love to give it a try.

P.S. My Yank opponent had losses of 3350, 6 cannon, and all of his command destroyed except for Custer and his lone brigade at turn 18, to my losses of 850 and 1 cannon lost, if that helps assure you of my agressiveness.

Fld. Lt. Bryan Gentry
1st Corps
2nd Brig.
3rd Cav.
ANV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:47 am 

Fascinating...
How do we proceed?
Against whom, in addition to Gen. Laub?

<font color="red"> Brigadier General Tom Phillips</font id="red"> <b> <font color="orange"> 2nd Battalion /II Corps Artillery/Army of Alabama</font id="orange"> </b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:50 am 
You're the ranking officer suh, so yes I am ready to take critisim for mistakes. I care about my troops, but know we will lose many in such a large engagement.

I look forward to learning as much as I can from this battle, and will use it against the Yankees I face in the future.

I am quite sure Gen Laub is one of the best, how else does one gain that rank? But I fear nothing, as I have the best army ever fielded on this continent suh!

I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready....That was my Sponge Bob imitation LOL.

Fld. Lt. Bryan Gentry

Gentry's Madison Co. Vols.
1st Corps
ANV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:37 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BMG</i>
<br />You're the ranking officer suh, so yes I am ready to take critisim for mistakes. I care about my troops, but know we will lose many in such a large engagement.

I look forward to learning as much as I can from this battle, and will use it against the Yankees I face in the future.

I am quite sure Gen Laub is one of the best, how else does one gain that rank? But I fear nothing, as I have the best army ever fielded on this continent suh!

I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready....That was my Sponge Bob imitation LOL.

Fld. Lt. Bryan Gentry

Gentry's Madison Co. Vols.
1st Corps
ANV

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I say from now on we call you Lt. Bryan "Sponge" Gentry.[:)]

Major General Don Golen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:28 am 
I say from now on we call you Lt. Bryan "Sponge" Gentry.[:)]

Major General Don Golen

Well I have to use something to get all that nasty Yankee blood off my new uniform.
[:D]

Fld. Lt. Gentry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:00 am 

Capt Quick,

If you have room I would very much like to participate in this. Despite my rank I have several years experience with all the TS CW games, especially Gettysburg.

Col Michael Burns, CSA
2/1/III/Atm

Col M Burns, CSA
2/1/III/AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:54 am 
Why do I suddenly regret my bravado? LOL I'll give it the good ole unfinished college try suh haha. Wow ya'll sure put alotta pressure on the new meat that are overly willing around here eh? LOL

Fld. Lt. Gentry

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notso</i>
<br />Fld. Lt. Gentry,

You have talked yourself into being our point man … congratulations (or condolences)..

Col. Phillips, Col. Vannada and myself will be your eyes, your ears and when necessary your mama.

We have not heard from Gen. Laub yet. I can only assume he is either out playing Navy for the weekend or he has already started his retreat into Canada.

Since Gen. Golen has signed up to be his side-kick, the victory is practically in the bag. (I have a feeling I am going to pay for that one.)

OK … let’s go over some of the mechanics while we wait for the no good Yankees to get their act together (if they ever do).

You will play every turn. All moves, fighting, melee’s etc.

At the end of the movement phase, you will zip up the turn.
At the end of the melee phase, you will also zip up the turn.
Once the turn is complete, you will copy the three of us when you send the turn to our opponents.

These three actions ca

n happen all at the same time. You will send one email to us with the turn and melee files attached. You will send another email to our opponents with the final turn attached (with copies to us).

When we get the turn back from our opponents, the four of us will have a discussion about the turn you are about to play. We will make comments on possible strategy, unit dispositions and facing, leader status, etc. We will be your worse nightmare.

It is then up to you to take this info and play the turn “your way.â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:44 am 
I would like to help the ANV as I do not at this time have any posistion in the Army of Georgia except as a supernumerary to date.

Lieutenant J. Chausse
Attached to the Army of Georgia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:37 am 
Hehe I'm ok suh, just joking with ya there. Infact I look forward to this game. Nothing like Yankee blood on the ground early in the morning suh. [}:)]

Fld. Lt. Bryan Gentry
Gentry's Madison Co. Ala. Vols.
1st Corps ANV
2nd Brigade
3rd Cavalry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:29 am 

Aside from Captain Quicks bag of hot air...

The Union team that will be accepting your challenge is myself, Lieutenant General Don Golen, and Lt David Rooke.

We have chosen to fight at First Bull Run, historical.

As a side bet, the loser must face their bare backsides, North for the Union, South for the Rebs, bend over, and sing the anthem of the winning side.

After all, this is WAR...

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:20 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notso</i>
<br />Gen. Laub … Suh <salute> Is that the best you can come up with? Sheesh. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Captain Quick has gone soft. Realize Sir, that

i) if you mangle the words you get a riding whip applied to the "lips";
ii) which end do think you will be singing with? You may want to start practising ...

Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:02 am 

<br />Gen. Kaulbars … Suh,

You blue bellies are all alike. No honor … no shame.

To start with … that is Major Quick to YOU … get over it. LOL

As for practicing … I have been doing that for many years. Just ask my wife. Never mind … don’t. He! He!

I can bend over and whistle Dixie without even breaking a sweat. Talent my friend … pure talent!!!!! Now Fld. Lt. Quick is another story. All he has to do is lift one cheek and out comes the most beautiful tune you have ever heard. It must run in the genes.

As to you Yankees … I have my doubts that you could do anything. You cowards are so full of do-do that I doubt you could get anything out. And if you did … it would probably include some of your brains from pushing so hard.

I have a question. How do you give a Yankee brain damage? Simple … kick them in the butt.

All in fun gentlemen … all in fun.

Maj. Larry (Notso) Quick
"Moycullen's Marauders"
"The Calvert Line" Division
"Banshee" Corps
AoA

"Now fill your glasses up, my boys, a toast come drink with me,
May Erin's Harp and the Starry Flag united ever be!"

"Then fill your glasses up, my boys, and drink a hearty cheer,
To the land of our adoption and the Irish volunteer!"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well, MAJOR Quick, I think your 'talent' stems from being overfull of hot gasses just itching to get out. This is a fairly common malidy to Southerners and is generally fealt to be related to substituting moonshine for nutrition at every meal.[:p]

Lieutenant General Don Golen

http://www.geocities.com/jacobmontag/?20069

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:25 pm 
I can't believe it, after a month and a half I recieved the next turn.

During my wait I've won 2 major victories and a possible minor one (almost done), made Captain (soon to be Major...very soon), gone on vacation without a worry about a turn being missed, and just about forgotten this battle was occuring LOL.

Sorry for sounding snarky but geez guys LOL. [:p]

Captian Bryan Gentry
2/3/1 ANV