American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:28 am 

"the Battle of Spotsylvania County" May 5,6,7, 1864. In the spring of 1864, Lincoln appointed Grant to General In Chief of all Union Troops. Grant's plan is to press the enemy at every point until destroyed. Grant had received reports of Lee's framented army scattered throughout the Spotsylvania County area. Grant decides to sweep the county clean and follows in Burnside's footsteps by crossing the Rappanhannock River near Fredericksburg and begins sweeping westward. Lee on the other hand, camped east of Gordonvilles and Orange and having amassed a troop count almost equal to that of Grant moves to greet Grant's advance......

The above is a "what if" scenario that I designed in order to put Lee against Grant in a different setting. Union Troops number 109,573 and Confederate Troops Number 106,126. There are 4 to 6 gun units which follows the design of Tom Hicks. Yankees enter from the east side of the map and the rebs enter from the left. There are "Dual Flag Objectives" scattered in the middle of the map with equal (pretty close) hexes from both armies entry hexes. "Dual Flag Objectives" are both Yankee and Reb Objectives within one hex of each other. Each worth 250 points. So if you take that area of ground, you get 250 points but if you lose that area, most likely the other side will gain 500 points taking both objectives. There are 152 turns. Each turn will take 30 to 60 minutes of time to review and move.

In order to play you need to create a Cornith Folder with 1.00/1.01 Version. I will email you all needed files. The SCENARIO file, the MAP file, the OOB file, and PDT file all go in the Main Folder. The LEADER and UNIT Files (Tom Hicks) go in the Info Folder. I prefer to play all options checked EXCEPT MDF.

<font size="6">So, I Need a Yank to battle </font id="size6">

This is a very equal scenario, very equal. If you are a true Grant Fan with the likes of Custer, Hancock, Meade....and wish to beat Lee, Longstreet and Stuart then this scenario may interest you. We can do 2-3 turns max a week.....

I do not know what interest I can generate but the first email reply I receive will be the Union Commander. I will assumed that you really want to play if I receive your email. The scenario begins with all troops as Reinforcements so there ain't a hole lot to see except the bacic map which stretches from east of the Rappanhannock to West of the Wilderness to just about south where Spotsylvania County Court House sits and the center located objectives.

<font size="6">any Union Commanders dare? </font id="size6">

Colonel R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:06 am 

Colonel Daley Sir,
If the job is still open I would like to apply. I have not played much lately but I am ready to get back into the games. I am a General with experence. It sounds like a good and fun scenario.

General Willie Passmore
2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 5th Corps, AoP

General Willie Passmore
2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 5th Corps, AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:07 pm 

Colonel Daley
Was wondering if you would be willing to
share a copy of the OOB & PDT files?
I would enjoy locking @ the composition of your Armies.
Respectfully
Captain "Mr Herb" Nagel
4th Brigade/2nd Division
I Corps/Army of Mississippi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:45 am 

<center><font size="4"><font color="yellow"><font face="Comic Sans MS">
I'm Reb

but

I'm Available!

Skoal!</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="yellow"></font id="size4"></center>

<center> <font color="red"> Major General Tom Phillips
</font id="red"> <b> <font color="orange"> II Corps Artillery
Army of Alabama</font id="orange"> </b></center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:30 pm 

I am engaged in battle but I thank you all for your interest in this scenario (John, here's a hint!!!!!) The game files are proven and I will send those who requested , a zip file with download instructions. it's about a 7 MB file.....

Brig.Gen. R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]