American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Options
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:19 am 
Are all club members fair to lousy players or just those who are enrolled in the CSA?

I have found it near impossible to find a CSA player who will play without Rout Limiting, Higher Disrupted Movement, Higher Fatigue Recovery. These are crutches for bad players! They also make the games into something they are not supposed to be. And no one will explain why they so desperately need them. The reason for this is they don’t want to admit that they are just a crappy player.

I can understand the Rout Limiting, sort of. I am totally mystified why the other two were put in by HPS. Is disruption movement too restrictive? I think we should be happy there is any player controlled movement other than facing and rearward movement. A regiment suffers too many casualties to be useful the next day is preposterous? Come on, even today army formations become useless. What do you want to know? What if Civil War battles were fought by Lakota Sioux? On both sides? Why fight an historical battle and try to avoid any feeling of realism?

If CSA thinks I am picking on them, well: I put a post in the PBEM Opponents Finder to play Gettysburg First Day using any options but the ones I have listed above. Gettysburg First Day. Almost a guaranteed Rebel Victory.

Granted I Corps is one of the finest formations in the Union Army and Buford’s Cavalry is dangerous but XI Corps is nothing to brag about. Rebels have four divisions. Heth’s isn’t fantastic and though Rhodes’ is a mixed bag it is a very large mixed bag. Early is small but very high class and Pender is excellent. There is also the III Corps Artillery. Add to this three hexes worth 1500 vps that I cannot see any way the Union can hold all day. A minor victory is 1500 points.

More than 60 players read it but only two accepted. And one of them bailed before the first move. The other needed Full Melee Defensive Fire turned off using Automated Fire. In other words, in order to play without Rout Limiting, Higher Disrupted Movement, Higher Fatigue Recovery I had to make it easier for him to melee. Gettysburg First Day. And this fellow is a general in the CSA.

Do any of you know how wimpy you look clinging to protection from difficulties?

John Kiley
2nd Brig. 2nd Div. XV Corps
Army of Tennesee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:15 pm 
Sire

I will have no problem to play with those options.
In fact I ask always for.

Unfortunately I have too many battles and campaign currently but I will be please to play with you as soon as possible.

Field Lieutenant Bill Bertrand
Forest cavalry Brigade
Army of Mississippi
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:44 am 
It's entirely possible as well that no one is interested in playing you and it has little to do with the options. Lack of common courtesy is often a reason certain players are avoided.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:13 pm 
Ok yank, I'll admit I've never played quite this way before but I'll be your huckleberry. Fire things up and send the file to conradsmith(at)gmail<dot>com

Now you've got a willing player.

Lt. Gen. M. Conrad Smith
4th Division, III Corps
Army of Georgia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:46 am 

I am also game...my Yankee friend.

Set the rules and send me a file...we will see who will go a running back to Momma.

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Chief of Armies - CSA
ACWGC Cabinet Member

Profile Send private message  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]