American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: NCAA Challenge
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:32 am 

Hi folks,

Being overseas, I'll be watching the NCAAs on line here in the UK. So if any of y'all yanks would like to do any small HPS scenarios, I shall be sitting at my computer all night, and what better way to pass the TV timeouts or blowout portions of the games than by doing game turns?! [8D]

I have all the games except the last one (Fred). So - if any yanks want to game during the games, tip off is just after 5pm GMT. [:D]

(This is for play by email, not live, in case that would interfere with the "TV" reception or vice versa. Besides, with email I can do more scenarios...not that I'm an addict or anything...)

Maj Gen Sean Turner
3rd Cavalry Division, "The Bishop's Men"
I Corps
Army of Alabama

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:33 pm 

GO DUKE.............................[:D][:D][:D]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:25 pm 

Hey, that's where I went to seminary, so GO DUKE indeed!!! [:D] And since the Wolfpack aren't doing much these days, they're my only alma mater still playing...

But one story - I walked into church over here in the UK with a "Duke Blue Devils" shirt on, and a lady seriously asked me, "Have you gone over to Satan?!" [}:)] Obviously, college athletics isn't the same over here... You shoulda seen her when I told her that Duke was the best Methodist university in the country, and the Baptist one was the Wake Forest <i>Demon Deacons</i>! [8)]

(Carolina supporters can start entering their "gone over to Satan" jokes below...)

Maj Gen Sean Turner
3rd Cavalry Division, "The Bishop's Men"
I Corps
Army of Alabama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:24 am 

Suh, with all due respect, all I can say is GO HEELS! I will pull for the Dookies until they play Carolina.

Major Ed Thornton
2/1/2
AOG
CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:02 am 

<font size="6">BOOMER SOONER!!!</font id="size6"> [:p]

BG Jon Hooper
2nd Div/Cavalry Corps/AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:38 am 
Major General Turner,
Sean,

Now I'm not exactly sure how I ended up finding this conversation but there is just no way I can walk on by without commenting! [:)]

Why those seminaries at Duke and Wake Forest are so liberal you can hardly call them seminaries anymore. If you're looking for a good seminary in North Carolina... you'd have to go the one that opened in Cary, NC about 5 to 6 years ago. Shepherd's Theological Seminary. http://shepherdsseminary.org/ Of course, I think the best seminary in the US is Master's Seminary in California. http://www.tms.edu/

But I'm a bit biased as I have two brothers that graduated from Master's. I'd moved to Raleigh, NC from Nebraska with the intent of finishing up my BA at NC State and going on to Shepherd's Seminary thereafter but the economy down there was so bad I had to take a job in Maryland. Now I'm working on saving up some money so I can return to the area.

So as much as I hate to do it... I've got to go with a Big XII team so... <font color="maroon"><b>GO SOONERS!!!!</b></font id="maroon">

General Roger Hulinsky

Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

http://www.geocities.com/husker6101/IVCorpsAoM.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:55 am 

Hey Roger,
Were in MD are staying at. My last duty station when I was in the Navy was at Pax River, retired out of there in 1997 and moved to BEAUTIFUL NC [:D][:D]SOONER or later DUKE will do them in [:p]. Besides everyone here at work are BLUE Devil fans. I work for the Pender County School system [:(] and the way the econ. is here our pay for the year will be froze, no raises this year.[:(]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]