American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:17 am 

Let's not beat about the bush. The AoM thinks it is pretty hot stuff and perhaps it is, but the Corcoran's Legion of the VIII Corps, AoS knows it is better than any team the AoM can put together. We are willing to back that up on the Gettysburg Field of Battle! What say you Sir! Do you dare face us or would you rather sit in your Tavern and play darts?

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr,2nd Div "Corcoran's Legion",VIII Corp
Army of the Shenandoah

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:08 am 
Brig. General Ringbloom,
Drex,

Good Morning, Sir! A rider rode into my camp this morning and stated you had issued a challenge and that I should come see! [:)]

So here I am, Sir! All 6 foot and 2 1/2 inches of me! (You'll also notice that my eyes are brown... if that has any particular significance to you!) [;)]

As for the Army of the Mississippi being pretty hot stuff? Well, Yes Sir... we definitely are! We spend many hours out in the heat of the sun... drilling our troops hour after hour. We are men of strength and valor... we are ready to face any enemy... foreign or domestic... in the service of our beloved Confederacy!

As for my dart playing skills... well, I'm not particularly good at darts and I don't care that much for cigars and most anyone could probably drink me under the table... so the only reason I frequent the Taverns is to say "Hello" to my boys and hear the rumors about our Yankee foes.

As for Corcoran's Legion... I'd never heard of it before about a week ago. But then I suppose no one had heard of the Fourth Cavalry Corps of the AotM until I started frequenting the Taverns and beating my chest to stir the pot and gain some notoriety for our fine unit. [:D]

Well, it seems it's time to test our metal and so it is with great pleasure that I accept the challenge that you have laid down for us on the Gettysburg Field of Battle. I look forward to accepting you and your Officer's swords when they surrender the field of battle to us in the days ahead.

Please send a dispatch rider to my HQ letting me know how many Officer's I need to put in the field against you and we can discuss the terms and conditions of the battle.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AotM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]