American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 5:29 am 
Officers,

I would like to play a Blind scenario. ( if it is possible [8)]..I havent experience playing this type of battles, ...but always there is a first time for everything in life [:D] Any yankee ready for battle ?[?]

Best Regards

Diego Laiseka
4thBrig¨Basque Legion¨ 1stDiv/I corps
Army of Georgia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:48 am 
Sir if you will consider a maneuver I will be happy to oblige as I have done one blind and they are great fun.

Lt Col G Howie, 1/1/1 AoA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:24 am 

[?] I hate to be a bonehead Yankee but I have to ask: what is a "blind scenario"?

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:32 am 

Homer,

A blind scenario is a custom scenario (as opposed to one from one of the original disks) so neither player knows what forces he is up against. These are set up by the developers and sent to each player in such a way that neither player can simply open the file from the other's point of view, to insure secrecy.

In these types of scenarios, you have no idea what your opponent begins with, or where those units are. You also have absolutely no idea what reinforcements, if any, he will be receiving or from which direction.

I think the first person who came up with the idea was Dave Litton, and he has a pretty extensive list to choose from, but others have now done the same thing and many of them (Litton included) are normally willing to develop a brand-new scenario, if you and your opponent are willing to wait, that is.

Naturally, these do not reflect any actual battles. Also, you can only play each scenario one time for it to truly remain 'blind'. (Of course, there is nothing to say that you can't play one of these again, especially against someone else who has already played it, but you would need to make it clear up front that this would be a repeat for you [;)] !)

I have only played a few of these, but I think they are great.

Your humble servant,
LGen (bvt) 'Dee Dubya' Mallory
First ('Grey Line') Corps, AotM

ACW - Lieutenant General (brevet) David W. Mallory
First ('Grey Line') Corps, AotM

Profile Send private message  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]