American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Reb Fodder Needed
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:20 am 

Prefer a full BG battle with all options on and no units get removed from the map. I'm just an old man who probably needs to change his diapers more often since the only Rebs that have been hanging around till the finish lately have been those that have whipped my butt. I've also grown slow and erratic (take notice, that is not erotic) as I'm just as liable to do one turn per week as I am seven turns.

Maj Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 5:48 am 
I don't normally go for officers of such lowly rank [}:)]
But I am sure I can make an exception this time round [:D]
Unless of course you don't want to [:(][:(]
I was thinking maybe full Gettysburg???? As I know you have a lot of experiance on that field and I woundn't want to take advantage of you!!!!!
I promise I will behave and fight on until I have no units left to fight with, no matter how badly you beat me up (it has been done here, just talk to John Gremmels!! if you can find him)
So Ned are you ready for a fight or do you still need more time [;)]

Gen Ian Rousell
Western Theatre
Commanding

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:20 am 

Do I still need more time? I haven't had a turn to play in 12 days (well, there was that last turn from Col Weir of the AoA where his ever blessed persistance resulted in my capitulation at Pittsburgh Landing with my boys on their knees sobbing like school children) and I'm already suffering severe withdrawal symptoms. I'm so desperate that I would have let you make the first 20 turns for both sides if you had bargained for it! The Rebs open the show and after I finish kissing and caressing your first turn, it's possible that you may have to send it again.

See, us Majors don't necessarily have the dignity that you General Officers have. Nevertheless, I'll try to control myself.

Maj Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:04 pm 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsimms</i>
<br />The Rebs open the show and after I finish kissing and caressing your first turn, it's possible that you may have to send it again.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Are you sure you haven't grown slow and erotic? [:I]

Lt Atw Payne
3/3/VIII/AoS
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><b>The good traveler leaves no track behind - <i>Te-Tao Ching</i></b> translated from the Ma-Wang-Tui texts<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:09 pm 

Now I remember what they said - it was that I was neurotic. I think that several people also misunderstood that though as I woke up this morning without anyone within a 100 yards of my tent.

I now have a couple of battles (one started and one offered). That should do me until they get close enough to get a whiff of that new Reb kill deodorant that I bought. I can usually trap them with an appetizing road kill.

Lt Col Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:28 pm 

Maj. Simms.....oh Excuse me ....Lt. Col. Simms

Good to see ya getting back up in the saddle. [:p][}:)][:D]

Course you will be enjoying the skills of the man that learned me my first and most important lessons.[B)]
Ian, one of these days we will have to take to the field again so you can further my education.[:)]

So Ned, cinch up that girth real tight and set your heals hard in the stirrups.........and GOOD LUCK![:D]

<font color="blue">Col. R.A.Weir</font id="blue">
<font color="yellow">The Calvert Line</font id="yellow">
<b> 1st-III-AoA</b>
They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them nor the years comdemn.
At the going down of the sun and the morning, We shall remember them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]