American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:01 pm 

I've been whipped real good at BGS04h recently and thus I've got to try it again. I didn't learn anything from my first whipping other than how to say "Uncle" while drowning in the Tennessee River. I'll play either BGS04h or BGS04 - both being full battles. All options on and no departure of units from the map except thru elimination. I'm only looking for one opponent and it sure as heck won't be Gen Jim Thomas at Shiloh (No, sirree. I may not have much sense but I ain't quite that sinile - yet). My file return rate can vary from "He couldn't have opened this file already" to "What the heck happened to him".

Lt Col Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:14 pm 

Sir,
do you want to play the HPS conversion of the game, or do you want to play the BGS version?
Respectfully,

LTG L. G. Bertolino
The Pelican State Brigade
Commander, Bishop's Corps, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:53 pm 

BGS version please. I'm waiting on the next great ACW campaign from HPS and so - at the moment - I'm lingering in the TS BG series.

Lt Col Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:57 pm 

This Yank's getting desperate as he's not used to wandering the battlefield with no army coming out to meet him. I now have 5 opponents with one in a fairly regular pattern, one that hasn't sent a turn in a week, one in two weeks, another in 11 weeks, and the 5th in 12 weeks. Now I know that my mule is downright ugly but that must be a record for the number of opposing commanders that must have rolled off their horses backwards laughing when they saw Ol' Jake. Jake, you know, was born a pretty good looking jacka** but his face never recovered from the look he had right after he got castrated. While he was recovering, the livery mistakenly placed him in a stall with a stallion and anybody could have made the mistake that the stallion did. Ever since, I've had to use half of my drinking money just to keep Ol' Jake in britches. You know, I feel my face drawing up like that too just thinking about it. I'd better find me some opponents before I see somebody approaching me with a knife.

Lt Col Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 2:34 am 

Okay, I can't stand going for days without my injections of wargaming. It doesn't have to be Shiloh. I haven't played First or Second Bull Run nor Antietam since I was issued my shoes. I'll only take one though as these opponents are going to start coming back (over time they forget what Ol' Jake looked like).

Lt Col Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:42 am 

I was just stepping out the door to sign up for a tobacco spitting contest when someone accepted the challenge. Hot diggity dog, saddle up my mule and let's head for the battlefield. Thank you for your time but one battle ought to do it. I have faith that the others will return once the wind changes so that the smell of the road kill in the pot carries their way.

Lt Col Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:57 am 

Brilliant stuff Ned, it's pure entertainment reading some of your postings. Now if you'd been on the other side I'd have given you a game myself. Good luck at Shiloh, Antietam, Bull Run or whereever you end up endeavouring to hold the Union together.

Regards,

Colonel John Sheffield,
1st <b><font color="red">[Fighting First]</font id="red"></b> Brigade,
2nd Division,
XXIII Corps
<font color="orange">Army of the Ohio.</font id="orange">
U.S.A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:47 pm 

Thank you, John. There are those who would tar and feather you for encouraging me. If they do, immediately send me a line as I know this great house down in Cincinnati where the girls have this thing about feathers.

Bill!! I came over looking for you. Where did you go? PS: There aren't any Civil War battlefield parks in Idaho.

An update on this thread: I got my battle at Shiloh, with a Lt Gen who personally took lessons from Gen Jim Thomas on how to fight at Shiloh. I swear that my voice is about four octaves higher and I'm looking more like Ol' Jake every time that I open a turn. But I also accepted a second battle with a Reb wanting to see the Elephant at Antietam. It's early but I'm a great tour guide!!!!

Lt Col Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]