American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:52 pm 
See second posting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:24 pm 
Gentlemen,
I have 2 fine Northern officers who will meet me at BG Gettysburg and a yet to be specified BG. I already have an HPS Gettysburg and Shiloh going, so anyone for a HPS Peninsula? And how about 2 more BG games besides Gettysburg, which is taken?
The BG games can only start later this week as I am reaquiring the boxed set of the entire Civil War BG games (I used to have them all, learn from me, never get rid of yours, they will be played for years, my mistake).
Regards,

COL. David Ray
1st BDE JEB Stuart's "Immortal's" Cavalry Division
I Corps, ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:10 am 
Aren't you the one that was in Aschaffenburg - 1/4 or 4/7 Inf at Fiore Kaserne?
I'll do Peninsula if you want... BvB/Scott (Aschaffenburg 1989-92, Ready Kaserne, Brigade S2)

MajGen, 2/VIII/AoS
"Beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:48 pm 
Scott,
Guilty as charged, 1/4 redesignated to 4/7 (Cottonbailers, Andrew Jackson at New Orleans), '86 to '88 as a 19D, and you are luckily retired as I remember. Lucky me, I will be in Camp Phoenix, but that is later next year.
Do you have a particular battle in mind? I have played Glendale and would prefer not to charge the guns of Malvern Hill, but anything else works for me.
By the way, is that HEYLANDS beer you speak of for breakfast, the pride of A'Burg?

COL. David Ray
I Corps, ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:17 pm 
Ah yes, Heylands brau! I have a glass boot from there! :) I think the other town brew was Schwind? Yep, guilty - retired from the Army. Out of A-burg went to Desert Storm with that mech brigade, then was supposed to go to 2d Bde/10th Mtn to Somalia, but weaseled out of it to instead retire at Ft Meade, closer to home. I was getting tired of tactical type units. Speaking of which, a quick stupid story: When I got there I called my mother to give her my mailing address: PO Box whatever, Ft George G Meade, MD 20755. So my mother says - thats named after the civil war general, right? Yes... so then she says - "I didn't know he was a doctor?!" I ask where she got that idea and she says how it has MD after his name - the doctor abbreviation. So I had to explain that meant Maryland! Duh!
Anyway, I don't know the scenarios really of this one, so you can pick your poison or a campaign, your call. I can do it either as phased or single phase, your call there too. I generally play with the optional fire and melee off, and everything else on, but if you have a preference we can deal with that too.
So, good luck and see you on the battlefield... BvB/Scott

MajGen, 2/VIII/AoS
"Beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:09 pm 
Scott,
Don't remember the other beer, didn't remember the name of the Kaserne (Fioiri) until an old army bud found me on the web. Unfortunately I have lost track of him since I got back from 4 months of training. He was going thru a divorce when I left, hope he's not in prison for shooting his ex and her young boyfriend, army people a little strange that way.
I do remember that was some mighty fine Rhine wine they served at the castle during the Wine fest every year. Seems like they were having a River Fest the day I got there (sometime in June '86). I used to think the reason why I couldn't remember as much as I should because of old age, now I think it's because of too many fests, German, American, German-American, American-German, Wine, River, and that's just in Ashaffenburg.
I also am not real familiar with Peninsula, played Glendale (Frayser's Farm) because it looked balanced, but battle of attrition, so will look over "Penny" tonight and try to find something interesting and give ya a holler tomorrow.

COL. David Ray
I Corps, ANV, CSA

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]