American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:06 pm 
Yes the rumors are true the old grzzly returns . Im a little rusty . but Im looking for one gane to get back in the swing of things . I just recieved my copy of the new HPS gettysburg but also love the older TS games I have them all so will take any game proposed . would prefer the older ts games to start . I have been playing a comp game in the new HPS to see whats new .

NOw for the old LT Gen Ken " Grizzly " bascom challange

The door to the tavern slams open . In the doorway stands shadowing the room is a huge hulking form . He is wearing a battle worn uniform . he slowly lumbers over to the corner and looks down . " yup still here " he notices the notches cut into the bar . " BAR KEEP !!!! ROT GUT !!!!!!! the bar keep turns slowly and says " knowone has drank that swill sence Gen Grizzly Bascom sat there " he pauses " what be your name sir ?" The Man streightens his back and slowly lifts his head . from under the brim the Barkeep notices those cold dark eyes anywhere . " Grizz" ????? " Yup " Im looking for some shave tails to sharpen this old sword on . you tell them IM in the field and if they want to try some old man who has bloodied and mauled some of the best there is . While hes a little rusty . Come to my tent . JUst tell them they better bring some rotgut with them . " the bar keep hands him the rotgut he had been kicking around the floor these past 3 years . Grizzly throws it back with ease looks up and grins . The bar keep still looks in astonishment , that would have killed a normal man . UP stands the Gen and he walks too the door looks back one last time " Yup the OLd Grizzly is Back " !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:46 am 

Dear LT Gen Ken " Grizzly " Bascom,

Sir, You may want to let the Rebs know that under all that grey dust is a "Blue" uniform. Welcome back Sir! Happy Hunting.

MG Joe Mishurda

Joe Mishurda, The Cast Iron Division
2nd Div. XXV Corp, AoJ

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:53 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jmishurda</i>
<br />Dear LT Gen Ken " Grizzly " Bascom,

Sir, You may want to let the Rebs know that under all that grey dust is a "Blue" uniform. Welcome back Sir! Happy Hunting.

MG Joe Mishurda
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Never seen a GRIZZLED REB, anyway, so he has to a UNION man. Those Rebs don't last long enough to get GRIZZLED!

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:10 am 

Ken
I think we crossed swords in a mirror match when I was a Yank. You been gone so long now I`m a Reb!!! Anyways I have an opening for an HPS Historical 1, Its BGG 13h in HPS clothes!! A lot of fun but long(156 turns) coursin` if ya co-operate we can make it shorter [:D], Anyways, if ya can do 5 turns a week or so send a rider to
Field Lt, Tony Best
tbandjb3@zoominternet.net

Field Lt. Tony Best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:24 am 

Sir,
If you are looking for a fight against a Reb in the old system, feel free to make an offer--the only requirement on this end is I prefer the multi-day games. Or you might want to take "field Lt. Best" on his offer---I suspect he can put forth a very good effort for a "Lt." (the one match I had with him, proved to be a good learning experience, as he pushed my forces to the brink). And you might find, that giving the combination of HPS and a similar game format, quite to your liking.
MG Michael Laabs
3/III A of M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:07 pm 
hehe yea sprry guys i forgot about that im a die hard UNION man ...

Yes tony we did play once befor . Ill take that offer on the new hps game with you and MG laabs ill take you up on an old game also . please send me emails on what you like /have .

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]