American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:14 pm 

Gentlemen,

My telegraph machine has been giving me fits for several months now. I think everything is back in working order now and my dance card has an opening.

I have all the HPS games and would like to try a campaign. I have campaigns going in Corinth and Peninsula now and want to try out one of the others. My first choice would be Shiloh, but make me an offer.

I have yet to play any games (even against the A/I) in Shiloh or Franklin, I've only played against the A/I in Ozark (and won MOST of those [:(]). In Gettysburg, I've started two campaigns but both ended early in the first battle.

Don't think I'm a patsy, though. I expect anyone would have their hands full against me in any of these. Not that I'm fully expecting to win, but let's just say that any inexperienced Yank hoping to make a name for himself by taking on the leader of the CSA had better know what he's getting himself in for [;)].

I've never understood enough of the nuances to know which options are better for one side or the other, so for simplicity
I generally play with all options 'on' except the first one (I even forget what it's called, but I think it's the same one in all the games). This is negotiable, however, if you have strong feelings one way or the other.

I should be good for at least 48-hour turnaround usually (probably better, but I would be happy with 2-3 turns a week).

Oh, and one other thing -- I'd like to be able to add some points to Mark Nelms' "Braggin' Rights" board. We can work out specifics based on what we play. Since I'm not familiar with most of the beginning scenarios, though, I'd be willing to give 1-on-1 odds.

Okay, gentlemen, I don't have a LOT of room on my dance card and I don't stop by this room often. Please send your responses to my HQ (my address is found at the top of the CSA HQ site).

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:21 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dmallory</i>
<br />Don't think I'm a patsy, though. I expect anyone would have their hands full against me in any of these. Not that I'm fully expecting to win, but let's just say that any inexperienced Yank hoping to make a name for himself by taking on the leader of the CSA had better know what he's getting himself in for [;)].<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This is why the Confederate Army employs me in its' services. I'm the shumuck everyone should be looking up for a romping good time. [:D] Can't walk straight, talk straight or shoot straight. I tend to have a McClellan syndrome with a touch of Burnside. But I'll talk you under the table anyday. Just ask Phil Roubaud!! [:p][:D]

But seriously General don't you think that maybe guys don't play you because, well you seem to ramble on like me and by the time they are done reading they are ready to surrender.

I don't know maybe it's just me....[:p][}:)][8D][:D][:)][;)]

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, III Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retried ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1st Inaugural Address

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - 1NWCG[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:13 pm 
General Mallory,

I would be honored to give you a taste of Union Steel and lead in the Shiloh Campaign.

If interested please send first move to rpmeule@hotmail.com

Lt. Richard Meuleveld
"The Old First"
3/1/XIV/AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:48 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rpmeule</i>
<br />General Mallory,

I would be honored to give you a taste of Union Steel and lead in the Shiloh Campaign.

If interested please send first move to rpmeule@hotmail.com

Lt. Richard Meuleveld
"The Old First"
3/1/XIV/AoC
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Lt. Mueleveld,

Thank you, sir. I'll get a file to you this evening.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:50 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Scott Ludwig</i>

But seriously General don't you think that maybe guys don't play you because, well you seem to ramble on like me and by the time they are done reading they are ready to surrender.

I don't know maybe it's just me....[:p][}:)][8D][:D][:)][;)]

<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, III Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retried ANV Commander 2004-06
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

General Ludwig,

Ha, ha, very funny.

General Cross, don't we have some pans that need washing? I believe we have a KP volunteer here [:D] !

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:57 pm 
Would be an honour playing against you, I have all HPS games but I need to play against a comrade a campaign, of course you will be the Rebel.

Col. Antonio Zambrano
"Spaniard Mercenaries" Brigade (1st)
"The Calvert Line" (1st Infantry Division)
"Crimson Tide" (III Corps)
Army of Alabama.
C.S.A.
manassases@yahoo.es

http://www.dixiecom.com/csIndian.jpg

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]