American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: new guy
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:14 pm 
I would like to start a game, just signed up. Can I get some advise, BGG -

bretgs@yahoo.com

bgs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:07 pm 

Sir, I don't see you on the club rolls yet. We are a club that loves to play, but you need to wait until you have completed the club training at either West Point or Vicksburg Military Institute before you start a club game.

Maj Gen Ned Simms
VI/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:11 pm 

Hi Brett!

Welcome! [8D]

I think that Ye have signed up to post on this Forum - but, not with the Club itself?? [?] [:I] [?]

You need to go to http://www.wargame.ch/wc/acw/ACWmainpage.htm

There You will find links to virtually every aspect of the ACWGC Club. Under the respective flags - You will find Info on how to Enlist with either side. You need to selct a "Team" and fill out their Enlistment Form (should take Ye about 5 mins to fill out the Form.)

Each side has a Training School - West Point/USA or VMI/CSA. Once You have applied for a commisiion with one side, an Officer from the corresponding Training School will contact You by e-mail. He will assign You to an Instructor, who will take You thru' ensuring that You have the Games Ye own, updated to club standards and that Ye understand how to use the "Play By E-Mail" (PBEM)system used here. You will play a "Training" Game with Your Instructor, who will assist Ye with advice, tactics and any other Questions Ye might have.

Once that Game is completed satisfactorily, You will be assigned a Brigade Command wiithin Your Sides' Armies and away Ye go - Battle 'til Ye Drop!!!!

<font color="red"><i><u>Until You have completed this procedure of Enlistment - the Officers of this Club are Honour bound to refrain from accepting any Game challenges from You.</u></i></font id="red"> [;)]

It all sounds a bit complicated and officious . . . I know! But Bret . . . everyone here has been thru' it and it is a well refined process, designed to enhance everyone's enjoyment of both the Games and their experience in the Club.

It's all part of the Great fun we all enjoy here. [:)]

If You have any further questions and need further assistance, please feel free to contact me by e-mail. Click on my "Call Sign" (eireb) to the left of this post. It will open up my profile and there is a link there to e-mail me from! [:D]

Once again - Welcome aboard Bret . . . I only hope that Ye're Rebellious and not another Tame Yankee!!!! [:o)] [:p]

Pat.

Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Brigadier General.
Carroll's Corps,(II)
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia.
C.S.A.Cabinet Secretary

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Profile Send private message  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]