American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:49 pm 
I have BGG, BGBR, BGS and awaiting my delivery of BGC soon. Not yet assigned but be the first on your block to battle me!

Fld Lt Bryan Gentry Eastern Theater TBA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:08 pm 
G'day Mate,
I'd be happy to play a BGG scenario with you.
I'm generally able to play several turns per week, especially as it's mid winter at the moment here.
Either contact me direct to discuss which scenario you'd like or just shoot off the first turn of 13a to me with extreme fog of war and all optional rules ticked.
chrispa@bmail.com.au
I may not win, but I'll loose in a loud, spectacular and amusing way.
Regards,
Chris Papalia.
1st Lt.
1/1 XXV Corps,
Army of the James.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:14 pm 
Whoa, you want to do the whole shebang Chrispa? Maybe if we could rustle up a few other players we could do it as corps commanders maybe. But at the rate of a few turns a week we'd be playing for up to 3-4 months on the same battle LOL. I'd love to get 3 a side to play it if possible, it'd be much fun I think, and get more people involved. Maybe some of the newest graduates here in a battle royale...any takers?

Fld. Lt. Bryan Gentry CSA (unattached)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:52 pm 

Multiplayer huh? Count me in.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:52 pm 

Hi Bryan!

Just a friendly li'll thought for Ye to consider along the way . . . one Reb to another. [;)]

Multi-Player Games are great Fun and a marvellous way to make Friends within the Club. [8D]

However Bryan, be Ye warned . . . . generally speaking . . . the more Players involved . . . the slower the Battle! [B)]

A 45 - 50 Turn Battle can easily stretch to 3 months and beyond - Man to Man. Take an example that You find that You and Your opponent can only play 1 Turn per 2 Days . . . and then one of Ye gets the 'Flu and is outta action for a week. Just as Ye get back into the swing of the Game . . . the other gets called away from home for a few days on business . . . and then there's a kid's birthday . . . and it goes on . . . etc. [:p]

Now multiply that by 6 (You've mentioned 3 men per side . . . ) [xx(]

As I said Bryan . . . just a li'll somethin' to bear in mind! [:)]

Pat.

Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Major General.
Carroll's Corps,(II)
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia.
C.S.A.Cabinet Secretary

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:23 pm 
Pat's hit the nail on the head.
The other big problem of course is that we are all in different time zones, so realisticly the shortest turnaround time is overnight.
I sometimes get a few more turns in on a wet weekend, but you can't count on that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]