American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:04 pm 

All,

I'm New here - or newly back from a very long lay off. If there is any interest I am seeking people who would like to play a live game - multi player - on line. Just like I used to play live games with other folks. I would generate a unique scenario involving one of the maps from Campaign Gettysburg, and one of the OOBs. My preference runs to the full breakdown variants, though I'm not hung up on that. The generated scenarios involve all forces entering from off the map in a randomly generated scenario. A time limit of 10 minutes per side means that (1) the game is played in "real time", (2) the time constraints - once the forces get large - act as an internal command and control function, and (3) a number of players are needed per side once the forces get big - probably one Union player per two Corps, and one Reb per one Corps.

I only have the random generator set up for Campaign Gettysburg, so having that title is a must. You will know as much about the scenario as I, as I just set up the parameters to use, generate 100 scenarios, and pick one - usually grabbing the largest file.

Best for me is any time on Sunday - Eastern Time, USA, and possibly other weekday evenings.

Please send a messenger if there is any interest, and we can see about starting up a rumble.

Colonel Doug Strickler

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:48 pm 

I'm up for it
John ferry
LTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:47 am 

Oh, and so I know if there are any responses, please contact me at jstrickler@sc.rr.com

Thanks all,

Doug

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:47 pm 

Suh,

I have not yet enjoyed such an event as of which you speak. Being rather old, retired and lazy; I usually have time on my hands. Unless that is if the lady with whom I live has not made her list too long. Please send details on how much time during an evening is devoted to play. Is it a session of one hour each day? Perhaps two? Hopefully not three or four at a sitting; should it be, at the lady's insistence, I would need to contact my lawyer.
The address is: alhovey@gmail.com but I stop here very often.

Commanding

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:37 pm 

All,

Thanks for the responses, and the time spent trying to get this feature to work. I can say that (1) it used to work, I played it on a number of occasions several years back, and (2) good luck getting it to work now. Things are snarled up with firewalls, and routers, and lions, and tigers, and bears - oh my!

I am very disappointed, as it is a fun way to go in playing a game - especially a big scenario.

Anyway - unless you are someone who can walk me through how to make this feature work - please accept my apologies, and consider the post withdrawn.

Doug