American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:13 am 

Gentlemen of the North,

I am looking to engage an experienced Union officer in an Atlanta scenario. Specifically in a slightly altered version of scn. # 096- Sherman's Advance on Atlanta. The changes that have been made are to the parameter data to be more in line with the Overland Campaign. Namely reduced stacking ( 800 ), 50% weapons effectiveness and improved entrenching capabilities. I will provide all necessary files to play.

I am looking to exchange 3+ turns per week. If interested please send courier to my HQ.

Respectfully,

Army of Tennesssee

Last edited by Tom Moore on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:41 pm 

I might be inclined to play the game as is but don't think I want to make that type of investment in time not knowing how the rule changes would change play seems like they would all favor the south. Also do not think its historical overland was a year later and much had changed. I do think the south's best chance to win the war was the Atlanta campaign, that is delaying the fall of Atlanta till after the election Lincoln probably would have lost reelection. To bad Johnson was such an idiot defending 3 great river lines from the wrong side of the river! I have designed a scenario based on the south defending the right side of a river line ,Waylaid at Allatoona , and the river is the Etowah, if you would like a copy let me know. Their are many other scenarios on Atlanta I would be up for playing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:55 am 

Hello Ernie,

Thank you for your reply. I would love to have a copy of your Etowah River scenario. My e-mail is ( thomas.moorejr50@gmail.com. )

As for changes. The time frame of the Overland and Atlanta Campaigns were the same. They both started in May of 1864. Also from my readings is that the armies in both campaigns acted much the same. They usually moved to new positions and immediately began digging in.

As for reduced weapons effectiveness. It's result is to reduce casualties on both sides so armies do not become worn out so fast. This is especially helpful in long scenarios. Also the weapons effectiveness reduction seems to be more historically accurate. Robert Frost has designed scenarios for Chickamauga and Gettysburg with very informative readme files. I will be glad to send these zip files if you would like them.

Lastly, the 24 base movement system is much more flexible. It allows for differences in line and column movement in a variety of terrains plus deployment cost and other differences.

Ernie, I am also willing to discuss other scenarios.

Thanks, Tom

Army of Tennesssee