American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: President Remarks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:57 pm 

Members:
I am very glad and honored to be President of the ACWGC.

A quick look at my ACWGC background:

I have been a member since about 2000 and have held positions in the Union Army. I was a Brigade Commander in the AoC; a Division Commander in the AoC; a Division Commander in the AoO (after being asked to transfer there); Corps Commander in the AoO; Army Commander in the AoO and I am currently the Commander of the Western Theater of the US Army.
I held the position of one of the Union Army Secretaries in the Cabinet for about 6 years from 2004 to 2010.

I strongly feel the club is moving along on an even keel and has excellent leadership at all levels. Of course, this takes commitment from all those volunteers of time and energy. All their hard work is very much appreciated.

Of course, we cannot just sit back and let things just roll along. We have to be sure we keep the club fresh and continue to bring in and train new members. That is difficult to do.

Attrition really hurts the overall health of the club and we do as much as we can to keep that attrition down by offering members different status like Hospital for really short RL (real life) situations; then Leave of Absence for more long term situations. Neither of these arrangements are open-ended and have to be monitored to ensure we do not have members lingering in these roles for long periods of time. Quite often, members come back to ACTIVE status when their situations improve and they can get back to game playing.

And that (game playing) is our main concentration. In addition, some members participate in role playing and historical discussions, which are informative and fun to participate in.

ACWGC Records Site Admin

"If you do not know where you are going, any road will take you there."

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject: Re: President Remarks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:10 am 

Ernie Sands wrote:
Members:

Of course, we cannot just sit back and let things just roll along. We have to be sure we keep the club fresh and continue to bring in and train new members.

After lurking on these fora for many years, I was very happy when the Club leadership decided to create the Observation Corps. Smart move.

Not playing these games PBEM (I have my reasons; not the least of which is lack of time), as a "mere" Observation Corps member, I appreciate the opportunity to pitch in and comment from time to time.

Outreach! Among other things, that will help keep the Club strong.

Profile Send private message