American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Scenario Detection
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:40 am 

How do you tell what scenario that you are playing in HPS Campaign Gettysburg?

Col Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:17 am 

Open up the .cpf file in Notepad (a plain text editor) and a few lines down you will see the name of the scenario. You then have to match that to the file in the editor...not as easy in Gettysburg with the expansion scenarios added in, as it is in other games.

If you are having problems you can e-mail me the cpf file and I'll let you know what it is.

Regards,
Rich

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:17 am 

Col. Simms,

I thought the whole idea behind campaign scenarios was that neither side knew exactly which scenario was being played, so there could be no reconnaisance.

Ah, another innocence shattered. [:(]

Your humble servant,
LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, First ('Grey Line') Corps, AotM
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:15 pm 

Dee Dubya! I don't believe that I've seen my name in the same paragraph with the word "innocence" since 3rd grade (and it should have stopped in the 1st grade along about the time that I got married). Actually I was wanting to know so that I could reference it when I filed the End Game Report.

Rich, I did the Notepad thing and then referenced the list of scenario files in CG. Yes, you're right, I don't have to tell ya, I got confused. If it said "5 Aldie, June 17, 1863 (var 57)" in the .cpf file, then why is the only thing close to that in the scenario files called "5 Aldie, June 17, 1863 (var 4)"? Is that because my opponent has downloaded all of the extra scenarios and I haven't, so I don't see the exact wording for the scenario that we actually played?

Col Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:28 am 

Hi Ned,

Yes, that is probably the case. If he started the scenario it will pull from his available ones.

Regards,
Rich

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:55 pm 
Ned - did you just check the main scenario files or did you check in the folder named "Campaign". There are many more variants in the campaign folder than in the scenario listings in the main Campaign Gettysburg folder.

BG Ted Huffman
5/2/I/AoNV/CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 9:31 am 

You're right, Ted. It was in the Campaign folder although the scenarios in there don't have scenario names. I assume that I can see the Aldie scenario as 5_57.SCN although I didn't spend any time figuring out how to open it and thus verify that is it.

Now my question is why is 5_Aldie, Var 4 listed both in the Gettysburg folder and in the Campaign folder? The Gettysburg folder is for standalone battles and the Campaign folder is for campaign games and thus 5_Aldie, Var 4 can be played as either? If I copied a scenario from the Campaign folder out to the Gettysburg folder, I would then be able to play the scenario as a standalone (or vice versa)?

Col Ned Simms
3/2/VI/AoS