American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:47 am 

Dear Al,

Welcome aboard. I assume you have started your West Point training. I got All of my games from ebay. Got good prices, but you must be patient. I got all of them except HPS Ozark so far. Have not seen that one yet. As far as the games are concern I recommend HPS Campaign Corinth due to it's versitility (version 1.01a and 1.03) and add ons (additional scenarios). The HPS Gettysburg,, it's grand scale and options are excellent. You can upgrade the unit graphics if you don't like the ones that came on the CD with Rolf's Corinth unit graphics they work on Gettysburg aswell. Next would be BG Bull Run it is easy to get and fairly cheep 7 to 8 dollars. If your looking for Longstreet he is promenant in both Gettysburg and Chickamauga. BG Chickamauga is very hard to get, I have seen that one go for as high as $150. I got my copy by buying Explosive's triple pack for $2.50 then I sold the other two disk and got my money back. There is a trick to loading it on your XP, have to laod it from the Talonsoft file folder on the CD. Hope that helps......

Col Joe Mishurda

Joe Mishurda, The Cast Iron Division
2nd Div. XXV Corp, AoJ

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:23 am 

If you don't want to buy direct (which supports the publishers better [:0]) you can buy here:

http://www.navalwarfare.org/build/store.php

Regards,
Rich

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:23 pm 
I suggest Gettysburg then Corinth the link below had all Tiller games at about 25% less than HPS

http://www.strategypage.com/strategypag ... efault.asp

But if you're going to buy more than one contact Rich Hamilton directly for the 5 for 3 deal. Five games for the price of three.

<hr noshade size="1">

[url="mtdavies@msn.com"]Captain Mike Davies[/url]
4/1/XXV
<i><b>"Keystone Brigade"</b></i>
Army of the James
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:44 pm 

I agree with what's been said so far. If you're serious about staying in the club, go for the 5 for 3 deal. Since there's only 4 ACW games, you can make the 5th France '40 [;)]. You can find some of the Talonsoft BG games here: http://www.cdaccess.com/html/pc/49civil.htm I'd suggest getting at least one of those at some point just to experience the early style. You might prefer it as some do. Just make sure to get the patches and 32-bit upgrades from the club pages because those from Talonsoft prevent the 32-bit upgrades from working. There's also a patch for Chickamauga that fixes Talonsoft's copy protection that was incompatible with Win XP. Good luck and have fun!

Major General Dirk Gross
CAV DIV/XIV Corps/AoC