American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:19 am 

I'm sure someone from the CSA will be in touch shortly. Probably line up the proper instructors to teach you to enjoy 'possum, march miles barefoot, and surrender to Union troops gracefully. [:D]

General Mark Nelms
Union Chief of the Army

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:42 am 

Al,

Whilst the Union Genr'l is correct about the VMI Instructors ocassionally requiring a little time to be contacted and "lined" up with their Trainees - please be assured, that the Training involves learning to Kick Yankee Butt hard enought to wake them from their cosy dreams of Confederates that "enjoy 'possum, march miles barefoot, and surrender to Union troops gracefully." [:D]

In Truth, 'tis the Union that generally surrender and most times, they aren't particularly "graceful" about it! [:p]

It generally requires them getting a goodly number of CSA Minie Balls in the Butt and 1,000 's of Yank casualities before they cotton on! [B)]

And as fer Possum . . . we rarely eat that now Suh! We're too busy eating Federal rations, drinkin' Yankee beer 'n' Brandy and being "friendly" with the Gentlelady "companions" the Union Officers usually have in their tents when they hand over their Swords to the CSA Victors. [V]

Hang on in there Al . . . . the VMI will be in touch soon - of that I'm sure![8D]

Pat.

<Salute>

Colonel Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Commanding
II Corps
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia,
C.S.A.

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:45 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by eireb</i>
<br />...Hang on in there Al . . . . the VMI will be in touch soon - of that I'm sure![8D]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

WHY wait??? Those Rebs are too busy surrendering to teach you anything. Join the Federal Army instead...West Point instructors are always on top of things!!!

[url="mtdavies@msn.com"]Captain Mike Davies[/url]
4/1/XXV
<i><b>"Keystone Brigade"</b></i>
Army of the James
ImageImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:08 am 

Indeed.

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:18 am 

Yankees need a lot more training otherwise they don't know their left foot from the right and tend to march in circles[:D].

Be sure and get a password to Southern Raiders forum where we discuss the finer points of kicking Yankee butts and take a look at the CSA War College at http://wc.kwhitehead.com for some info on Gettysburg.

Col. Kennon Whitehead
Chatham Grays
III Corps, AoM (CSA)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:08 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tojothedog</i>
<br />I assume smack talk is allowed..(even for a newbie)<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

As long as it's respectful of individuals, sure...but it's a good idea to keep your words flavourful - just in case you wind up eating them [;)].

Brig Gen Mike Kaulbars Image
3rd "Freiheit" Division
VIII/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:13 am 

... and to sign your posts with rank (presently cadet in desperate expecation of being contacted by his instructor before the rebellion is over), full name, and unit (presently rear end, VMI main entrance queue). [:)]

Gen. Walter, USA
AoS / War College

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:36 am 

EXCELLENT! Yet another trash talking overconfident grayback whose butt is gonna get kicked[B)] by superior Union training![:D] Hurry through school reb, We're waiting![:p] There, how do you like that trash talkin CADET.[:)] He he, just having fun with you. Welcome to the ACWGC. Of course the proper move is to join the Union but if officers didn't make your wayward decision to join the Dark side every once in awhile we Yanks wouldn't have anybody to beat on so, if you must ......[;)]

Major General Don Golen
Army of the Potomac, USA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:48 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Zettlemyer</i>

...West Point instructors are always on top of things!!!

Captain Davies,

I've been considering this and I finally realized you must have been referring to the "Gentlelady 'companions'" Colonel Carroll mentioned earlier. [:D]

Cadet Nardi, welcome to the CSA. Once you've completed your VMI instruction you will be assigned based on the needs of the army. However, if you offer to buy a drink for the VMI commandant he just MIGHT be able to put in a good word for you and get you assigned to the Army of the Mississippi. We'd love to have you.

LGen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory
First ('Grey Line') Corps

David W. Mallory
ACW - Lieutenant General, First ('Grey Line') Corps, AotM
CCC - Corporal, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:41 am 
Well Suh!

We at the Army of Georgia would be honored to see you serve under our banners also.

Welcome, and rest assured the CSA is resolving your issue.
The Commandant is on secret (Real World Business Trip) mission, and is maintaining Communications Security. (Keep those durned Yank's from spying on Southern Business.)

YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM SOMEONE SOON!

Col. Mark W. Zapp
Army of Georgia, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:33 pm 
Cadet Nardi, please accept my apologies for allowing you to languish here on the steps of VMI. An officer will be along forthwith to get you squared away.

Regards,

Gen. Den McBride
Interim CoA, C.S.A.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:54 am 
My most humbelest of apologise Cadet Nardi,

My HQ was shut down for three weeks during a business trip out of town.
I have re-established communications with my staff and your paperwork has been initiated. Welcome to VMI.

Dont listen to them Blue bellies, they will tell you anything to get you to join.....[:D]

We will have you on the battlefiel post haste.

General D.J. Arnold
Commandant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:29 am 

Off on another Quixotic attempt to get the British to join the war I take it? [;)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GenDJArnold</i>
<br />My most humbelest of apologise Cadet Nardi,

My HQ was shut down for three weeks during a business trip out of town.
I have re-established communications with my staff and your paperwork has been initiated. Welcome to VMI.

Dont listen to them Blue bellies, they will tell you anything to get you to join.....[:D]

We will have you on the battlefiel post haste.

General D.J. Arnold
Commandant, VMI

Col. Gary McClellan
1st Division, XXIII Corps
AoO,USA