American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Update for my opponents
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:02 pm 
Gents,

I will be away for at least a week and probably closer to two. I am having surgery on Monday morning and will need time to recuperate. I ask your indulgence until I am able to return.

Maj.Gen. Mike Smith
I Corps, Commanding
Army of Georgia
[url="http://convolutedmuse.blogspot.com//"]Convoluted Muse[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:23 pm 

Take care of yourself Mike, here's hoping that all goes well for you. Let us know when you can.

BG Jeff Bangma
2nd Division, VI Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:29 pm 
Gents,

I am home today, and getting better though still very sore from the surgery. I will be having another minor proceedure tomorrow and then should be done, I hope. thanks for your kindness and support.

Maj.Gen. Mike Smith
I Corps, Commanding
Army of Georgia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:11 pm 

Mike,

Good to see you home already. I wish you a speedy recovery now and hope you are feeling well enough to enjoy some of the time off just being with your family.

Lt. Gen. Don Adams
5th Texas "Lone Star" Cavalry Brigade
I/III ANV
http://www.rootsandsaddles.com/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:33 pm 

HI Micheal;
the prayers of my family and myself go out to you for your recovery! Yes even now the kids are stacking piles of cash in the living room for us to worship. He he, just kidding. I hope the little chuckle helps you heal that much quicker. Though I know you rebs recover from a rout quicker than I can find that spare bottle in the china cabinet![:D]

Major General Don Golen
Army of the Potomac, USA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:23 pm 
Lol Don [:)]

Thanks to all of you for your kindness and to my oppoenents for their patience through my time aside. While not a life threatening surgery it has been a rather painful one. So far it seems all went well and hopefully I'll be able to start using a CPAP machine after my next follow up with my doctor on the 11th. I am so excited about the prospect of a real nights sleep I can't really express it adequately.

The surgeon said I had 100% blockage of m sinus passages not to mention some type of infection that had to be scraped, and a ton of polyps to boot. Furthermore adenoids which have been removed three seperate times were still present (regrown?) and were shaved down yet again. I had palate repair surgery as a kid and he was afraid to go much further for fear of messing up that childhood proceedure. As it turned out apparently he ended up cutting into some of the "fat behind my eye"(?) and while painful doesn't thinks it will be tooo serious. Still I am to do no lifting at all for 6 weeks, lovely eh? :-)

At any rate, I am very ptomistic about the results and am already beging to breathe through my nose something I've not been able to do for quite a long time. I have reaaly come to appreciate the University of Wisconsin Health care System and its family of doctors, nurses, and professionals. They're top notch in my book as are ya'll! God bless!

Maj.Gen. Mike Smith
I Corps, Commanding
Army of Georgia