American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:21 pm 

Ow[B)] Owww[B)] Stop hitting me[B)] and [B)] let me[B)] say what I have to say![B)] oww ! Many of you know that Larry Quick was banished from the Union Army for conduct unbecoming of an officer many months back. I think it's time we seriously reopen the topic of Larry's return. I am reawakened to this topic by the subject of Don Adam's well deserved medal post below. Many of you are unaware that Larry has been hosting the www.acwgc.org website on his dime and introduced General Adam's the site hosting the cold fusion site, the basis for much of General Adam's excellent work. This and his involvement in the FtW tournament and a few other sites related to this club have been ongoing even AFTER he was kicked out of the club. Frankly , he has been doing a whole heck of a lot for this club low these many months and isn't EVEN IN IT! Now I think if Larry signs onto this post and publicly apologizes and we get a whole bunch of you boys that care to chime in and voice that you are behind this decision then the least we can do is let Larry Back in as a 2nd Lt. in charge of the Latrene brigade 8th class. What do you say club? Are you with me or against me on this one? Let's all bury the hatchet and move forward. I am particularily interested in those parties that are still mad at Larry. What can we do to make this better? Oww[B)] Stop hitting me![B)] That won't solve anything! Geez, this is why I stay at the front instead of at home. Owww[B)] IF I wanted this kind of a beaten I'd be at home.[:D]

Major General Don Golen
2nd Brig/3rd Div/ I Corps/
Army of the Potomac, USA!
"The Bucktails"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:30 pm 

Don,

In a perfect world people who enjoy a hobby would be allowed to be a member of a club supporting that hobby. Of course it's not a perfect world, and for those individuals whose hobbies are Governing, Ruling, and Exercising Power there isn't room to allow freedom for people to enjoy the club outside of a very narrow, controlled definition, or to come and go as they please, or to speak their minds.

Now please back in the ranks, its time to practice our goose-stepping.

MajGen Al 'Ambushed' Amos
3rd "Amos' Ambushers" Bde, Cavalry Division, XX Corps, AoC
The Union Forever! Huzzah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:38 pm 

You know Al, I think I know where you are coming from on this but I really didn't post this to stir up old controversies. I posted it to try and help the club move forward and bring a hard working member back in the fold. Let's try and stay positive in the post. Please.[:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Al Amos</i>
<br />Don,

In a perfect world people who enjoy a hobby would be allowed to be a member of a club supporting that hobby. Of course it's not a perfect world, and for those individuals whose hobbies are Governing, Ruling, and Exercising Power there isn't room to allow freedom for people to enjoy the club outside of a very narrow, controlled definition, or to come and go as they please, or to speak their minds.

Now please back in the ranks, its time to practice our goose-stepping.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Major General Don Golen
2nd Brig/3rd Div/ I Corps/
Army of the Potomac, USA!
"The Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:22 am 

Friends, Yankees, countrymen, lend me your ears; I come to bury Notso not to praise him... Oops wrong speach[:I]... let me check my notes here. "Fore score and seven years.." nope not that one either. Ah, here it is: If the Union can keep Gen. Sherman who was crazy, Gen. Grant who was drunk (and almost lost his army), and Gen. Butler who has no redeeming qualities, surely they can keep a Notso[:D] who is meerely a loose cannon. Just post him out West at one of those forts to watch the Indians along with Gen. Pope so he will stay out of trouble.[^]

BG. Kennon Whitehead
Chatham Grays
III Corps, AoM (CSA)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:12 am 
Well, I, for one, feel Larry should be back in. He has given a lot of time and effort selflessly, and without recognition. Larry is a bit different but to thats one of his best points. I consider Larry a friend and feel he should be reinstated. Thanks,

Maj.Gen. Mike Smith
Army of Georgia
[url="http://convolutedmuse.blogspot.com//"]Convoluted Muse[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:30 am 
Gentlemen,
I concur that it should be an absolute "No Brainer" to allow Larry back in. He is helping support this club at a financial loss to himself.....if I were in his situation, that would have ended months ago.....perhaps he gets overly emotional, and says the wrong things at times...but his actions more than overcome this for any reasonable person....he has done the right thing by the club, it is time for the club to do the right thing by him.....BG Hank Smith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:42 am 

Gentlemen,

Peter ask Christ: "How many times should we forgive our brother who has sined against us? Seven times?" Christ answered: "7 X 77 times". As long as the siner repents and ask forgivness then he should be forgiven and taken back into the fold. By all means welcome Notso back into the club.

BG Joe Mishurda

Joe Mishurda, The Cast Iron Division
2nd Div. XXV Corp, AoJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:26 am 

Does Larry even want back into the club? I notice that a few of the 'active' particpants in last years's fracas within the Union Army have since dropped out of the club. Personally, while I think Larry overreacted a bit in some of his actions, I never thought that he should have been blackballed for them. After all, others did far, far worse. If he wants in, I don't see a problem with it.

Of course, I don't run this club, either...

Colonel Philip Roubaud
1/XX (officer Commanding)
AOC
USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:22 am 

I agree with all comments made by everyone. The original crisis did not start with Larry, but it was not helped by him either. But none-the-less I have kept up contact with him from time to time and he is a decent good person, whom means well but can get carried away sometimes. But we all do, so as long as he admits he did a little wrong I agree.

Heck if the man pays out of his own pocket for all of these major sites...you better dammn well believe I am gonna support him.

Besides with current trends heading up in many of these clubs we will need all of the people who are important on board. Again I am disappionted by some of this.

<center>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/"]<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>[/url]

Commanding Officer
[url="http://scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/ANV"]Army of Northern Virginia
[/url]CSA

[url="http://www.scott-ludwig.com/ACWGC/index.html"]Personal Command Tent[/url]

For the Glory of Virginia!!</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:32 pm 

Gentlemen, I concur.

Saying what was said, face-to-face and with a smile would undoubtedly have caused less offence than it did in a 'bare', impersonal email. That said, even face-to-face would also undoubtedly have caused offence. Further, is Notso prepared to offer an apology, even a qualified one? He wasn't some time ago, while tempers were still heated. Then again, a little crow doesn't do anyone any harm occasionally, particularly now the temperature has cooled somewhat. Maybe? Is has, hasn't it? Mark? Larry?

He may also possibly reoffend in the future? So what, we all need to let off steam occasionally! [:p] And I'm sure that further "R&R" would result anyway. At the same time, Notso should be aware of a need to curb his typing fingures from time to time.

As the old Joke goes:

[:)]Player: "Ref, if I say that you're blind, idiotic, stink and overall hopeless, you'll throw me out of the game, right?"[:)]

[8D]Referee: "Yes."[8D]

[:)]Player: "But if I think it, you can't do anything, right?"[:)]

[8D]Referee: "Correct - I can't read minds."[8D]

[:D]Player: "We'll leave it at that, shall we?"[:D]
and he walks away to continue playing.

We do need to thank Notso for his efforts and finances, and what better way would there be? In fact, it is one of only two ways we can thank him![;)]

Maj Gen Mark Oakford
1/XVIII, AoJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:25 pm 

Gentlemen,

I know there was bad feeling in the past. Larry is really a great guy he just some times puts his mouth in gear before he engades his brain.
I would like to see him get back into the club.
I could write here all day but it would still come out the same (lets consider reinstateing Notso)

General Willie Passmore ACWGC

Willie Passmore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:46 pm 
There hasn't been anyone really against it thats made a post. Wonder what the cabinet is thinking? Maybe he has to start as a corporal with 5pts, then get promotions at 10 for sgt, 15 as 2LT as a sort of probation? He'd be the only enlisted dude in the club until his probation ends and he gets his commision back. :)
But bottom line, he has done far more than most behind the scenes for the club and it has been quite a bit of time in exile, so why not?

BGen, 2/XIX/AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:22 pm 

Time to let bygones be bygones.

Lt. Gen. Ed Blackburn
VIth Corp/AoS
"Where We Lead the Army Follows"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:26 pm 

Gentlemen,

<font color="beige">"I know there was bad feeling in the past. Larry is really a great guy he just some times puts his mouth in gear before he engages his brain.
I would like to see him get back into the club.
I could write here all day but it would still come out the same (lets consider reinstating Notso)

General Willie Passmore ACWGC"</font id="beige">

My feelings exactly, if I have a vote it would go to allow Notso back in.

<font color="blue"><b>Brig.Gen. R.A.Weir</b></font id="blue">
<font color="yellow">-- CALVERT LINE --</font id="yellow">
<b>First--III--AoA CSA</b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:42 pm 

The real shame lies with those who force a man to beg to enjoy his hobby.