American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:24 am 

Just wondering...

Brig. Gen. Philip Roubaud
1/XX
AOC
USA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 9:34 am 

You got me Phil. I'll check.

Gen. Doug Burke
Cabinet Secretary
XX/AoC/USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:06 am 

Hey, I said I'd check didn't I???. Thanks Larry for giving me a whole 12 seconds before posting your reminder......wink.

Anyway, I checked and the official thread is over at the Smoking Room. Turns out Dave posted one over there so to avoid confusion it was decided to go with that one. Now before a wisened sage jumps in and deems there should have been a post here to that regard. Yes, there should have been and my to year old niece could have told me that. But such is life.

Thanks,

Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:11 pm 

Thanks anyway for the 12 seconds.

Gen. Doug Burke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 pm 

"The Smoking room has been setup to post topics other then ACW and club related information. Here you can talk about anything to fellow members. Common courtesy is still required."

Due to the purpose of the Smoking Room, moving the Cabinet post out of the MDT doesn't seem appropriate. Having it in the Smoking Room is okay but it belongs in the MDT first because the Cabinet post is ACW and club related information. My goodness, in the Smoking Room it will just be debated whether or not they should be filled by a homo or an alien as well as the possibility of the French supporting an Angolian candidate.

Brig Gen Ned Simms
VI/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:03 pm 
Umm...that would be Angolan, Ned, not Angolian.

LtG. J. Cuneo, CSA
OIC, AoA
Image Image

"I have seen the faces of men, who had dared death so often, it lost its' terror." -J.S. Mosby

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:29 pm 

Gentlemen,

My apologies for 'muddying the water'. I had only intended the Smoking Room post as a supplement to the one in here, for those who were spending their non-battle time in there instead of here. I never intended for it to supplant the one President Desruisseax placed here. The one in this Tavern was deleted due to a misunderstanding.

President Desruisseax has appointed an Election Committee from the Cabinet. General Ernie Sands is serving as chair of that committee and will be (re-)placing an 'official' post in THIS tavern shortly, complete with the final procedures governing the election. (And, yes, the Cabinet has already discussed the need to document these procedures -- the plan is for the club to undergo regular elections, so this process needs to be cut and dried by the next time.)

Anyway, as I just mentioned over at the Smoking Room, we may need to convert this place into a Polling Place in the near future -- and you know we can't allow alcohol in the building while balloting is going on -- so you'd better drink up while you can [:D] .

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:03 am 

I agree Ned. We didn't want two threads of course but for reasons not at all apparent to my simple mind, the MD thread was the one that got deleted instead of the Smoking Room thread. It's obvious it should have been the other way around.

Anyway, Ernie, Dave and I have been appointed to run the election and Ernie's got a new (and official) post here so we should be over that little pothole.

Gen. Doug Burke