American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Union CoA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:59 am 

After a long year and a half I'm stepping down as Union CoA. General Jeff Laub, by unanamious acclaim of the Union Army Command Staff and with full acceptance of the Cabinet, will be assuming the post of Union CoA on January 4. An odd date you might think but it coincides with the end of the Cabinet secretarial elections (which you need to vote in if you haven't already). I wish to thank everyone for the help and words of support, which to put it mildly, was a tumultous beginning. Everything you have done to help me is truly appreciated. I feel quite confident that not only will General Laub do an excellent job but will easily surpass my effort in that regard so I'm confident in the future of the Union Army. I plan on moving back to a brigade in the AoO, where I began my career, if General Sands will have me that is. I'll keep may hand in by running a new tournament but you'll have to see another thread for that info. Thanks again to everyone who helped during my tenure!

General Mark Nelms
Union Chief of the Army
Cabinet Member

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:14 am 

Welcome, Sir.

In preparation for your return, the Brigade area has been spiffed up with all new Sibley tents.

<center>Image</center>

We had a large parade scheduled for the Change of Command, but with all the troops off fighting those Rebels scoundrels, we have an excellent parade of the infirm, walking wounded and jailbirds, so it will be a colorful and somewhat slow parade.

<center>SALUTE</center>

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
LtGen, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:07 am 

Gen'l Sands, the Rebs are willing to call a cease fire while you git those tents set up and welcome back the esteemed Gen'l Nelms. After all, we want to make sure those tents are in fine working order before we capture them! [8D]

Many congrats and thanks to Gen'ls Nelms and Laub for their work for this club!

Maj Gen Sean Turner
3rd Cavalry Division, "The Bishop's Men"
I Corps
Army of Alabama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:15 am 

<SALUTE> to a man who has indeed been a major contibuter to the success of this club!!![:)] Thanks for everything General Nelms!!!

Field Lt. Tony Best

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:05 pm 

Gen Nelms, before you were even Colonel, it was easy to tell that you were going to be the Union CoA one day. That day came and you picked one heck of a year and a half period to do it. You did a fine job under very difficult circumstances and for that, you'll have to sleep outside under the stars for a few nights because we've filled your tent with bottle upon bottle of 'medicine' for your aches and enjoyment.

Gen Laub ... Gen Laub ... Gen Laub, I'm glad that there are always quality people who will accept the job. Come to think of it, maybe we should have put those bottles in your tent. We're right behind you though ... now don't look so worried about that. The Reb battle lines are that way.

Brig Gen Ned Simms
VI/AoS/USA
Blood 'n Guts hisself, a land lovin' pirate. Show me some arty tubes and we'll charge 'em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:24 pm 
Sir, enjoy your semi-retirement Gen Nelms and Gen Laub all the best in your new role.
<Salute>

Maj. Paul Sharp
2nd Div - XIX Corps
Army of Shenandoah
"Defenders of the Right"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:31 am 

Many thanks to General Nelms for all your hard work and for managing to steady the ship and stear us out of troubled waters. You have left the Union cause in very good shape indeed[:)]

Thanks also to General Laub for stepping up and taking over this important role. I have a good feeling about the future[:)]

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acw/acw.htm"]General Antony Barlow[/url]
[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/aoc/XXAoC.htm"]Army of the Cumberland[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:21 am 

Over in the dimly-lit corner, a tired-looking officer wearing a grey tunic stares blankly. He seems to be thinking back to the time, only a few scant months ago, when the fortunes of war propelled him to the top spot in the Confederate army. He reminisces about how unprepared he was, despite his years serving in various and sundry assignments. A weak grin crosses his face when he thinks about the many times his subordinates have covered for him, taking over during tough times to keep things going.

Then his eyes focus on the celebrations going on across the room. He slowly lifts his glass to the outgoing Union commander, drains it, then refills it in a similar salute to the incoming commander.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Sergeant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:59 pm 

Oh cripe!! There goes the whole joint!! [:p][}:)] They put HIM in charge....[:D][:D] Man, hey Dave were gonna need to be more places than every, I have a feeling Jeff is gonna run the ANV ragged. [:D] Or it will be a piece of cake. [:p][}:)][:D]

Hats off to you Jeff congrats!! [:D][:D]

Mark, your services has been long and wodnerful! [:D]

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, III Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
"The Army Commissary"
Retried ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1st Inaugural Address

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - 1NWCG[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:15 pm 

I'll toast to General Laub! The loss of our fine commander is the Union army's gain. Also, thanks for your excellent leadership General Nelms! Now we can finally put Lt. Quick in charge of the AoP.[:D][:p]

Major General Don Golen
2nd Brig/3rd Div/ I Corps/
Army of the Potomac, USA!
"The Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:36 pm 

Gen Nelms - thank you for all your hard work on behalf of the Union and the ACWGC.

Gen Laub - tough shoes to fill but I know you are up to the challenge. Congratulations.

Major General Jeff Bangma
Commander, I "Fighting First" Corps
Army of the Potomac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:21 am 

Gen Nelms thanks for all the hard work. Gen Laub good luck, I think you'll be fine even if you are an ex AoP guy.[}:)]

Lt. Gen. Ed Blackburn
II/VI/AoS
"Forward Bucktails"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:07 am 

My thanks to General Nelms and to all of you for your good wishes!

Do me a favor - get out there and challenge those Rebs to a battle for Bragging Rights and give General Nelms something to do in retirement so he doesn't croak on us![:D]

(See tourney post at the top of the MD-T for details on the Bragging Rights tourney, or drop me a line.)

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/AoP/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:28 am 

My, My Lieutenant Quick.!!

While you tread out the Quickstep . . . Doesn't General Moose look fetching in his Ballgown? [xx(]

Terrible shame Ms. Lulu coudn't make it, then again 'twas easier on the Catering Staff that way!![:p]

[:D]

Pat.

Patrick G.M.Carroll,
Brigadier General.
Carroll's Corps,(II)
"Spartan Southrons"
Army of Georgia.
C.S.A.Cabinet Secretary

" When My Country takes it's rightful place, amongst the Nations of the World, then and only then, let My Epitaph be written. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:51 am 

RRRRAAALLLPPPPPHHHH[xx(]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/AoP/