American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Absence
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:21 pm 

Gentlemen of the Club,

I am about to leave on what I'll call "Mississippi Valley Review II".

Many of you are aware my wife and I took a 2-week vacation last year, touring the southern Mississippi River area (Vicksburg, Natchez, Baton Rouge, New Orleans) and taking a 6-day cruise along the river for our 25th wedding anniversary. We had a grand time.

This year, we've convinced my parents to go on basically the same cruise with us to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.

Yes, we realize things in that part of the country will be vastly different than they were last year. In fact, one of the original cruise stops was scheduled to be Fort Jackson -- but this stop has been cancelled due to Katrina damage at the site [V] .

We are looking forward to meeting General Dave Danner, in McComb, on the way down. Hopefully we'll also get an opportunity to spend some more time with General Larry Bertolino once we get to New Orleans.

In any event, I'll be leaving this Friday morning and do not plan to return until Monday evening, April 10. I don't think General Laub has returned yet, which means BOTH armies will be leaderless for a while. I want to make it clear to officers on BOTH sides that this is NOT to be taken as an opportunity to fraternize with the enemy -- strict picket duty will be enforced at all times.

Of course, the real drawback to this is that Mr. Quick will have to remain in limbo for the time being. Now, if a shooting match erupts in the meantime, with him and General Moose out there between the lines waving their little white flag of truce, well (hee, hee) I just recommend they keep their heads down [:D] !

Seriously, if anything is needed of the CSA while I am away, Chief of Staff General Chris Cross is authorized to handle things in my absence. (Sorry, General Cross, this does NOT mean I am leaving the keys to my liquor cabinet. Some things simply cannot be delegated [;)]!)

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:37 pm 

<font color="beige"><b>Enjoy your time off Suh! {SALUTE}

We'll keep the war warm untill you return.[:)][:p]</b></font id="beige">

<font color="blue"><b>Maj.Gen. R.A.Weir</b></font id="blue">
<font color="yellow">-- CALVERT LINE --</font id="yellow">
<b>First--III--AoA CSA</b>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:05 pm 

First off DW, have a great time!! Come back with some good stories. I very much liked the penny for your thoughts one last time. Hope your folks enjoy it very much.

Secondly both guys are gone!! Oh awesome...well I'd like to make a few changes in the decor of the place. I think if I slip some ol' #7 into Chris' drink I can get a few approved. Morale will be great once I get those brandy vending machines over here and...hmmm...I think a nice dart board with Dave Bowman's face on it would be good....oh speaking of which I would like to nominate Den McBride as Chief Warrant Officer of the Latern...and I think I maybe able to get Tony Hill to break into DW's booze cabinet...I can't guarrantee we'll get any. I also think Dierk Walter's picture would look great with a mustache and goofy glasses....oh and I think I could wire a message to get John Corbin and the AoO to head to Canada...

...oh what's that?? I'm not the Interim Grand Imperal Majesty of All the Kingdoms Great and Small?? I can't even order socks...but Notso and the darn Moose can?? What the hell this is no fun!!

Seriously have a great time!!

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Brigadier General Scott Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, III Corps
Army of Northern Virginia
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retried ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

I am loath to close. We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory, stretching from every battlefield and patriot grave to every living heart and hearthstone all over this broad land, will yet swell the chorus of the Union, when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1st Inaugural Address

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - 1NWCG[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:07 am 
Both sides will be without adult supervision?!
Good luck on your trip! I'm sure someone can figure out how to pick the lock to your liquor cabinet! :)
BvB/Scott

MajGen, 2/VIII/AoS
"Beer! It's not just for breakfast anymore!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:09 pm 

Free Booze, I'll bring the master key (four foot long bolt cutters), and we'll open General Mallory's liquor cabinet and drink our fill. With the Gin and Rum we'll just fill them back with water[:p] he won't know the difference, and the whiskey bottles we can refill with tea[:o)] and put the blame on General Moose and Capt. Quick[}:)]

Respectfully,

Lt. Col. Gery Bastiani
Fightin' Carolinians
II/2/4 AotM

"Let us pass over the river and rest under the shade of the trees" -Stonewall Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:48 pm 

Hey Maj. Quick Suh,
No disrespect intended[B)]. But you and Gen Moose need to dress in the uniform of the day. Dress Grays spit shine boots hair slicked back. and the only hairpiece in my tent is between a fine southern belles................[:p]. Welcome aboard, and when you get your commission I'll buy you and Gen. Moose the first round.

Respectfully,

Lt. Col. Gery Bastiani
Fightin' Carolinians
II/2/4 AotM

"Let us pass over the river and rest under the shade of the trees" -Stonewall Jackson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:05 am 

Gentlemen,

I have returned from inspecting our forces along the lower Mississippi River Valley and I am pleased to report things are progressing nicely. My thanks to CSA Chief of Staff and Western Theater Commander General Chris Cross for handling things in my absence. My appreciation, also, to Eastern Theater Commander General Johann Huels and VMI Commandant General Nick Kunz. These gentlemen keep the CSA running like a well-oiled machine, with or without any interference from me [;)] .

During our trip, my wife and I did have the honor of dining in the home of General and Mrs. Dave Danner, of McComb, Mississippi. Being as how General Danner is a Yank, I was amazed at his Southern Hospitality -- and he's only lived in McComb for about five years now [:)] ! Of course, as my wife so lovingly pointed out to me, General and Mrs. Danner moved to Mississippi from Maryland -- and any good historian will tell you that Maryland is really a southern state, even if Mr. Lincoln's hordes did prevent her from joining her sisters in the Confederacy [:D] !

We also spent some more time with General Larry Bertolino, of New Orleans, getting to meet his lovely wife this time. This was after we disembarked from the boat and we had a long day's travel ahead of us so we didn't have much time with them, but it wouldn't have been a visit to the Crescent City without at least saying "Hello".

Now, to celebrate my return, I'll just unlock my private liquor cabinet and bring out my good stock for a round of drinks. What's this? Most of the bottles are nearly EMPTY?!? Hmmm, there appears to have been a bit more 'evaporation' than normal. I need to find some means of sealing this cabinet a bit better next time I'm away. [:(]

Anyway, on to the other good news -- my on-again, off-again battle with my telegraph machine seems to be going my way again. I don't have everything re-installed just yet, but I'm working on it. If any of my opponents who have been waiting on a response will resend the last turn I'll get right on it.

It's good to be home.

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Deaprtment, Colonial American Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:35 pm 

General Mallory Suh,

Welcome back from your business / pleasure trip in reviewing the troops in the western theater. As for the liquor cabinet you can look at the bottles being half full [:)] not half empty [:p] SALUTE.

Respectfully,

Col. Gery Bastiani
33rd NC Inf. Regt.
II/2/4 AotM