American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:13 am 

Ticket pricing will be:

1 day - $40
2 day - $70
3 day - $90

Each person will also get a free game, so that will help soften ticket prices a bit...but putting on one of these is expensive, between facility rental, computer rentals, etc.

Also, FWIW, we are required to purchase a certain amount of rooms (total, as a group), so if you can stay in the hotel where the event is then please do...otherwise we'll have to pay a penalty.

And yes, John Tiller will be there, as will most of the design team, and probably a good portion of the HPS staff. We'll have music again, Tom Hook most likely, presentations, discussion groups, etc.

I'm hoping my RL calms down enough here shortly for me to get the web page put together.

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:57 pm 

Rich

Wish I could make it but KC's a bit far for me. I will never forget the event at Gettysburg and trampin up Culp's Hill and sharing supplies with Dusty and Den. I will continue to believe that although this Tiller Con is out for me there will be more in the future. Long live the club north and south!

Gen Pete

Gen Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:07 am 

Oh, come on Ralph...its not that much further for you than it is for me!! I'll be driving over...you can do it! [8D]

---------------------

All,

I've placed the web site to support Tiller Con II live this morning, you can visit it here:

http://www.hist-sdc.com/con/2/

We'll be adding more content as we gather it.

We are offering tickets for sale now, under the "Cost" page...if you are able to purchase your ticket sooner rather than later please do so. We've already incurred costs for this event, so the sooner we can start bringing funds in the better. Also note that there's a link on that page, that if you plan on coming but can't purchase a ticket yet we're asking that you let us know - so we can plan accordingly.

If you have any questions please let me know, or post them at the TC forum (linked off the site) and I will get answers there.

Regards,
Rich

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:04 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gen Pete</i>
<br />Rich

Wish I could make it but KC's a bit far for me. I will never forget the event at Gettysburg and trampin up Culp's Hill and sharing supplies with Dusty and Den. I will continue to believe that although this Tiller Con is out for me there will be more in the future. Long live the club north and south!

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You cain't git thar from heay! The ole tractor jist won't plow that far. And for them planes, why the closest airpot is in Partland.

Maineiacs! A very strange group![:D]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:06 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Gen Pete</i>
<br />Rich

You cain't git thar from heay! The ole tractor jist won't plow that far. And for them planes, why the closest airpot is in Partland.

Maineiacs! A very strange group![:D]

ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:54 pm 

I've created a new forum for the event, on a different server to spread things out a bit. So if you want to chat about TC II do so here:

http://www.hist-sdc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:47 am 

Ernie, Rich

Can't believe you guys are pickin on this ole Mainer<g> Distance and cash arent the only reasons this officer can't make it. The school year and kids athletic contests enter in as well. Ernie, my oldest is attending Gordon in the fall so I will be in your neck of the woods quite a bit.

Gen Pete[:0]

Gen Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:44 am 

Wenham is not far from here. It is a nice area up there.

ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:03 am 

Are any new Campaign Games going to be released during TC2?

Colonel R.E.Daley
1st Corps of the ANV
3rd Calvary Divsion,
3rd Brigade
"We are the Midnight Riders"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:15 am 

The goal is to have 2 new titles ready for release at the event, but I can't even guess which series they will be from at this point. Last years event saw a Panzer Campaigns titles and a Civil War Battles title released at it.

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:24 am 

Gents,

The time is fast approaching for this event. If you plan on coming please register asap...as we need to be pulling the details together for this! May will be here before you know it!

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:03 am 

Below is a flyer I made up for the event...if you could grab a copy and send it to others it would be great:

http://www.hist-sdc.com/con/2/TCII-flyer.pdf

Regards,
Rich

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:50 pm 

Hi, All,

When I attended Tillercon last year I found there was a lot of free time to game. I think the WWII guys had organized a team scenario before they attended. I am toying with the idea of something similar for us ACWs which I would be willing to moderate involving a blind scenario. If any of the folks here who are planning to attend are interested in something like that, please comment. Any suggestions pertaining to the details are welcome, such as whether it would involve phased play, single turn play, house rules, etc. If nobody is interested, that will make it easy.[8D]

MG Mike Mihalik
1/III/AoMiss/CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:14 am 

Mike, thanks for your interest and efforts. I'd suggest posting that comment on the TC II forum as well, to try and catch people who might not be a member of this club, but that also have an interest in the ACW and plan on attending:

http://www.hist-sdc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

LGen. Hamilton
II Corps
ANV, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:40 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mihalik</i>
<br />Hi, All,

When I attended Tillercon last year I found there was a lot of free time to game. I think the WWII guys had organized a team scenario before they attended. I am toying with the idea of something similar for us ACWs which I would be willing to moderate involving a blind scenario. If any of the folks here who are planning to attend are interested in something like that, please comment. Any suggestions pertaining to the details are welcome, such as whether it would involve phased play, single turn play, house rules, etc. If nobody is interested, that will make it easy.[8D]

MG Mike Mihalik
1/III/AoMiss/CSA

General Mihalik,

I'm interested. My preference would be for a blind scenario with all options on except MDF, but I'd be willing to go with whatever the majority wants (in case there are more than just me interested!).

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - President & Cabinet Member
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next