American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:19 am 

Gentlemen,

Thank you all so much -- and Happy Birthday to General Lynn! -- but I had way too much partying. I woke up this morning with a spitting headache, and the last thing I remember is seeing a moose dancing on a table, with a lampshade over each antler. (I'm hoping that was just a bad dream!)

Your (older) humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:35 pm 

The grey – haired general moves quietly through the door, stoops slightly as he enters and softly whistles as he surveys the scene of carnage that befalls his gaze. In the corner, surrounded by debris (what remains of a table, some broken chairs, torn table cloth, broken glasses, bottles, and some other officers of varying shapes and sizes) is what looks like a moose’s head, bizarrely decorated with lampshades!

“Hmmm!â€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:09 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notso</i>
<br />IT’S PARTY TIME

Happy birthday Gen. Mallory … Suh. May you have many, many more. Gen. Moose and I are already planning a special celebration for your next birthday when you turn the magic age of … 65. (Gen. Cuneo told us to say that. He said he got it as a direct order from Gen. Ludwig. Isn't the chain of command great????)

Capt. Larry (Notso) Quick
"Moycullen's Marauders"
"The Calvert Line" Division
"Banshee" Corps
AoA

"Now fill your glasses up, my boys, a toast come drink with me,
May Erin's Harp and the Starry Flag united ever be!"

"Then fill your glasses up, my boys, and drink a hearty cheer,
To the land of our adoption and the Irish volunteer!"
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Never said I was good at math!! [:p]

General Mallory sorry I am late, Happy Birthday btw, and I got you something, some stripped checkered pants to go with this lovely bright orange wool shirt. Something to keep warm with in the winter time and no doubt drive the girls (and General Moose) crazy!! [:D][:p]

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Major General Scott "The Mad Prussian" Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, Western Theater, CSA
Interim Chief of Staff, CSA
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retried ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - INWC[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:01 pm 

Gentlemen,

We had birthdays on the 5th, 6th, and 7th. So, where are the birthday boys from the 8th and 9th hiding? [:D]

Seriously, in addition to the lovely cake, my wife also presented me with a check for a 3-day admission to Tiller Con II in Kansas City next spring (which I promptly dropped in the mail to Rich Hamilton). She plans to accompany me -- although I expect she will spend more time shopping and sightseeing in downtown KC than looking over my shoulder at the convention.

This was a great idea -- and for any of you who will be having a birthday between now and then, and you just can't think of anything else better (what could be better [:)]?), you might drop a hint to your significant other about this. (Lieutenant Quick, you can drop a hint to your Dad. Or, since you'll probably outrank him by then anyway, you might try ordering him -- but I suggest you do it as tactfully as possible!)

Again, gentlemen, thanks for joining in the party. It has been great. I even received a telephone call with birthday wishes from General Pat Carroll. Unfortunately, neither my wife nor I were home at the time, but he left a very nice message on our answering machine. This may be even better than talking to him in person, because now I can replay the greeting whenever I want. (I thought *I* could do a pretty good Irish accent, but that guy puts me to shame [;)] .)

Let's plan to do it again next year!

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, Chief of the Armies, Confederate States of America & Cabinet Member
CCC - Ensign, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army