American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:20 am 

Trying again. Can anyone tell me why I might be getting this error. I can login AFTER I click on the forum and it displays messages, but if I try to login directly when the list of all forums comes up, I get the error. Thank you.

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:46 am 

VBScript 2.0 requires that non-Variant data types be passed by value. Therefore, make sure that all non-Variant data types passed by your MTS component are passed by value, not by reference. If you break this rule, the ASP script will return the following error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

It appears you found or caused a programming error at the website. The remainder of the message gives details on the error and the line in the program where it occurred.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:56 am 

Thanks Sir! Ken, but I really don't know what that means. All I know is that it does it at home on my own computer and here at the library on one of their computers. It happens constantly and in fact I am logged in now and this is the 3rd time I have tried to send a reply and it keeps kicking me off and saying there is a problem with my name or password.

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:58 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by krmiller</i>
<br />VBScript 2.0 requires that non-Variant data types be passed by value. Therefore, make sure that all non-Variant data types passed by your MTS component are passed by value, not by reference. If you break this rule, the ASP script will return the following error:

It appears you found or caused a programming error at the website. The remainder of the message gives details on the error and the line in the program where it occurred.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Wow, now I've got a headache.[:)]

Lieutenant General Don Golen

Western Theater Commander, Union!
Assistant Commandant Union War College

http://www.acwgc.org/USA_WTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:58 am 

Now that last, third attempt went through. I was using the quick reply not the reply with quote. Would that make a difference?

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by krmiller</i>
<br />VBScript 2.0 requires that non-Variant data types be passed by value. Therefore, make sure that all non-Variant data types passed by your MTS component are passed by value, not by reference. If you break this rule, the ASP script will return the following error:

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:12 pm 

Just going to give up on this. It it not worth the time to try to fix it why ever it is happening nor the bother to the group. And at the worse it is just annoying and if it bothers me too much I just won't post. That'll be a relief to some people anyway.[:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HomerS</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by krmiller</i>

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:25 pm 

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah
[/quote]

[/quote]

I am really sorry Sirs. Whatever is wrong I don't mean to be a problem and am not doing anything strange that I know of, except perhaps for linking this stupid picture in my signature. Maybe I should delete that and see if it is screwing something up. OR since it works hit or miss, I will just keep trying. The last thing I want to is be the cause of yet another headache. Nothing like getting off on the wrong foot after all the kind consideration I have already been extended. [:I]

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:30 pm 

I have had the same problem when trying tolog onto the main page. The way I fix it is to log onto the individual forums, first.

Then, magically, the main page gets logged in.

I have had this error FOR SEVERAL YEARS!!![B)]

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:30 pm 

Well the last two attempts at posting worked without getting kicked off, but if I click on "All Forums" or "ACWGC Mason Dixon Tavern" I get the error message. The work around is for me log out, revisit the main list of forms and then enter all over again. That is not as bad as creating some headache for the webmaster. A real hardship would be not being able to sit and take nourishment without assistance. Thanks.

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:56 pm 

LTC Ciampa;
I wasn't commenting on your problems as being a headache. I was commenting on General Miller's generous reply. While I'm sure it's extremely intelligent and helpful to a person of even average computer intelligence, it gave me a splitting headache just reading it. lol. I think my attention span is getting smaller and smaller. But you sir are hereby ORDERED! by your commander to keep on visiting these forums and posting questions and comments. Personally, I love the enthusiasm. Keep it up![:D]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:22 pm 

Oh...thanks Sir but I thought maybe you meant it was your problem to fix as either the webmaster or the one to whip said party to action. [B)] And I also shouldn't make myself sound so thin-skinned. I appreciate the support and kind comment...now to see about my old Friend General Ernie Sands down below a couple of posts. If he of the dancing emoticons and all manner of other cyber magic has had the problem, and for years no less...well then by Mars I am in good company at least. [:D]

Thanks Sir and I removed the foto of the horse and I to lend an air of reverence and clear respect to my response. [:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HomerS</i>
<br />LTC Ciampa;
I wasn't commenting on your problems as being a headache. I was commenting on General Miller's generous reply. While I'm sure it's extremely intelligent and helpful to a person of even average computer intelligence, it gave me a splitting headache just reading it. lol. I think my attention span is getting smaller and smaller. But you sir are hereby ORDERED! by your commander to keep on visiting these forums and posting questions and comments. Personally, I love the enthusiasm. Keep it up![:D]

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:36 pm 

Thanks General. Now I have a choice of not feeling like the robot in the engineroom of the forum is out to make me look crazy...OR...that there are two of us who are nuts! [:D] Achtung!!! Oops! Wrong club. [:0]

P.S. You find the best stuff. Where did you get that General's insignia? I have been looking for a site with nice rank and insignia for the period and haven't found one yet...or one to scan from a book. I have a couple of those old Militaria auction catalogs but haven't checked them yet.

Oh, the horse came back. [:)]

Thanks for the nod Ernie.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>
<br />I have had the same problem when trying tolog onto the main page. The way I fix it is to log onto the individual forums, first.

Then, magically, the main page gets logged in.

I have had this error FOR SEVERAL YEARS!!![B)]

ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:23 pm 

I don't know where they came from; I just took them from a site I inherited.[:D]

I'll send you a LtCol and a Col one.[:p]

ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:01 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ernie Sands</i>
<br />I don't know where they came from; I just took them from a site I inherited.[:D]

I'll send you a LtCol and a Col one.[:p]

ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">

Well that is mighty friendly and generous of you Suh! I'll keep the Colonel's bar nice and shiny on wall for inspiration right next to an old gray Fox skin I nailed up. Actually I need to stop chewing the leather on this forum and start fighting battles. At the rate the GB campaign is taking, I won't see those points for some time and the Generals ostensively giving me advanced combat training are whipping the snot out of me...learnin' me by example but it don't much build up the score but by tenths of a point. [8] But if'in it rubs off and I actually pick up some skills maybe one day I will creep up a little star at a time. [:D]

Thanks Sir! Oh! Who do you think looks more out of shape..that horse or the Lt.Col.?

LtCol.Tom Ciampa
2nd Bgde,1st Cav
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:30 pm 

The horse looks good.[:p]

ACWGC Cabinet member
</b></font id="gold">