American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: DoR/OBD Query
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:54 pm 
Hi all,

I was just registering a game at the DoR site and decided to look at the some of the interesting data available there. One thing struck me right away as being odd and I wasn't sure who to ask about it so I chose to post my question here. Please forgive me if this question has been addressed before but I could find no reference to the subject.

So, here my problem (which results in a poser)[:)]

I was looking at my OBD table, interesting stuff I must say, and began to notice something a bit odd. In the section where monthly OBD points or discretionary points are awarded I see myself having received points from the AoM. Now, while I'm grateful to my "Ole Miss" brothers, I have never been a part of the AoM. I have served either with the ANV or AoG.

Seeing this my mind begins to ponder the possible reasons for this oddity and it occurs to me that I has a most common name: Michael Smith. Now, y'all are probably figuring I thinks too much and I'd be hard pressed to disagree with you but..............something just ain't adding up here. I know this for a fact because I done took my shoes off and figured it for myself. [:D]

All kidding aside I don't mind extra OBD points but if this portion is off then it stands to reason some of the game points are also off. I then pulled up a report of "My Games" and noticed there some against opponents I'm not sure I ever played or knew for that matter e.g. Ben Price. So, I'm wondering how do I get this resolved? I can tell y'all now I haven't kept records of all my games and it would be impossible to accurately remember them all save the embarrassing bootie-whompins some of my fellow club members have dished out to me........a few immediately come to mind such as Dierk Walter, Kelly Ross (Probably THE worst clobbering I've been given), Jeff Bangma, Pete Eagle, Kevin Mainwaring, Ken Counselman, Joe Pascucci.........Oh boy, it just dawned on me......I'm not a cyber-soldier........not even a pretend one......I'm a whipping post! [B)] Oh the shame of it!

Anyhoo, can someone help me get this sorted out?

Maj.Gen. Mike Smith
3rd Bde, 1st Div
II Corps
Army of Georgia
[url="http://convolutedmuse.com"]ConvolutedMuse[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:15 am 

Hey Mike,
You probable need to talk with either Ernie Sands, he's in charge of the record site. Or you past commanders, or take the points as an early Fathers Day present [:D]...... Oh just finished up my breakfast of eggs, smoke sauage paddys, grits, biscuts / gravey, and plenty of hot coffee. Yum YUM [:p] now to go outside and cut the lawn and fight off them biting flies while doing it

Respectfully,
Brig. Gen. Gery Bastiani
II Corps, 3rd Div. Tarheel Division
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

"Hey Big Man, Let Me Hold a Dollar"

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:59 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Oh just finished up my breakfast of eggs, smoke sausage paddys, grits, biscuits / gravy, and plenty of hot coffee. Yum YUM <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You wrong for that Gray, and you know this! [:D]

Thanks for the info.....I'll drop Ernie a note.........speaking of which I think he put a rather nasty shellacking on me once too....some kind of tourney as I recall.........hhhhmmmmmm time to go to my happy place....[:)]

Maj.Gen. Mike Smith
3rd Bde, 1st Div
II Corps
Army of Georgia
[url="http://convolutedmuse.com"]ConvolutedMuse[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:24 am 
Contact Nick Kunz. He'll investigate for you.

Gen. J. Cuneo, CSA
Army of Alabama, Commanding
Image Image

"I have seen the faces of men, who had dared death so often, it lost its' terror." -J.S. Mosby