American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:31 am 
Yank,

Now you may have seen the message I left in the Tavern, which says I’m new to this kind of soldering. I’ll grant you it’s true being a newly commissioned Fld. Lt., and I may not know much about fancy soldiering. I’ve only had one training game, so PBEM is new to me as are a few of the Campaigns.

But, the good Lord has seen fit to grant me much free time as 75% of my work is now from home. Thus, I’m available almost daily after 11:30 est. So, I’m not looking for a lot of opponents, but rather two max. who can flip a turn smartly. I can guarantee I can flip a turn daily (except Sunday) and prolly 2 or 3 times daily. If this quickens your pulse, then I’m your Huckleberry.

I have HPS Gettysburg, Atlanta, and Chickamauga.
Open to almost all rules.

Finally, I like the color Blue, for Red shows up well against it.
Now, I’ll give you the opportunity to defend your country’s honor, simply message me here or through email.

Fld. Lt. Vincent 'Pup' Barker
Not Assigned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:30 pm 

Young whippersnapper Fld Lt's should be SEEN not heard. Now fetch me that bottle of Rye off the bar, son, and I'll tell you tale or two.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet Member
ACWGC Records Site Administrator
</b></font id="gold">

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:38 am 

Lt. Barker sir,<salute>

I to am a new Lt. and would gladly show you how we Union officers put down a rebel yell. I have just added my first HPS game to my arsenal and would enjoy a colorful match against such a reb as you. I can give you a turn a day usually sum times more sometimes less. If you are interested. My boys in blue are ready when you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:47 am 

Lt. Barker sir,<salute>

I to am a new Lt. and just added my first Hps game to my arsenal. If interested I can give you a turn a day most of the time. My boys in blue and I will give you a very warm welcome indeed. Federals will show you how to squelch a rebel yell. Please send a messenger either way to my HQ.
babb35(at)hotmail(dot)com

Lt. Charles Babb
6th Brigade, 3rd Division
XXIII Corps
Army of the Ohio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:53 am 
Lt. Babb

I heerd tell of brave Yanks, but I weren’t asure if theys was stories er truth. I kin respect a man who’ll stand up n fight. I might even git a bit teary eyed when I goes n sends ya to yar Maker with a belly full of lead. Now, I’ve gone n dun sent the dispatch, so just tell me where in this big ol war yous wants me to show up, n I’ll be a showin up.

Not Assigned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:11 am 
General Sands,

I recon you might just be the luckiest man I dun ever run acrosst. I meanst to say, see’ins all them thar stars on your uniform, I figures you musta be wearin drawers stiched of four leaf clovers not ta be a struck down already by a Reb sharpshooter.

Nows I’ll gladly listen ta any stories yous sees fit ta tell. ‘Cuse alls I heer from ma Reb buddies ar tales of winin’, sos I’d like to heert some tales of gittin thumpt, n I recon a Yank General is just tha man to be a tellin them kinda stories.

Not Assigned

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:15 am 

Lt. Barker,

Chickamagua will be the field of honor. Where you will taste the true steel of the Union. May the game begin.

Lt. Charles Babb
6th Brigade, 3rd Division
XXIII Corp
Army of the Ohio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:08 am 
I recon you Yanks would like to make a bit of sport with ol Pup, and git ya sum merriment withun his mis-steps. Well y’all just go right ahead. I knows my schoolin was a tad light, n I wus a fishin when I shoulda been a readin & writin, but dad-jimminy I coulda sweared I had Chickamauga. Well, Chickamauga is Corinth, sos I knowed I ordered a “Câ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:26 am 

Sir,

Corinth is an excellant campaign with opportunities for both sides. It's a favorite of rebels who enjoy commanding cav units.

You should try it sometime.

Best wishes,

Chuck Berdanier
BG, 1/IX, AoO
National Light Infantry

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]