American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:29 pm 

There are no problems accessing the site.

There are problems, at times, to get some reports.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet Member
ACWGC Records Site Administrator
</b></font id="gold">

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:16 pm 

Hey Ernie,

I am not trying to be a horses butt, but if I CAN NOT get a report then that is a problem. I CAN NOT access my games reports, individual officer game reports, CSA OBD detail reports, CSA top gun report and CSA OBD Summary report. There has to be a PROBLEM some where. I was in our County Seat tonight and I went by the main Library, I got on their computer and ran the same reports and got the SAME REPLY. So there is not a problem with my computer..

I did not try the Yanks because I was not interested in them. Do you or anyone else has an idea when we can get onto the sites to view the reports.

I am working on my end of year Award Program and I really need to get this information before the 31st of December.

Any help would be appreicated on this matter.

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Commandant - VMI - CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:07 am 

As I said, there are problems with some reports, obviously.

As the very first message in this thread states, it is being worked on with the HOST site.

ACWGC Cabinet Member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:04 pm 

OK, an update from another member. I still can't access any Records.

Bg. General Gilbert Collins
Army of Alabama
III/I/2nd Brigade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:07 pm 

Email me and let me know what it is you do see.

Thanks.

ACWGC Cabinet Member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:27 am 
<font color="red"> SeeFusion terminated request: Page Time at 15078ms >= limit of 15000ms (rule "LongRequest") </font id="red">

This is the reason all the reports are failing....the timeout on the host site is automatically stopping the reports being generated beacuse of a new timeout limit they have imposed.

Get the host to fix that and we can all get to see the reports again.

<center>Brigadier General Edward Stewart
[url="http://bonemash.webng.com/EdStewart.html"]Image[/url]

2nd Brig, 3rd Div,
III Corps, ANV
III Corps Adjutant
ANV Chief of Staff
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:09 pm 

I get that error sometimes and other times I get

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

The website cannot display the page

Most likely causes:
The website is under maintenance.
The website has a programming error.

What you can try:
Refresh the page.
Go back to the previous page.

More information
This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:08 pm 
It is the Timeout setting that is generating the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error......

the browser is just guessing....

Because we know that these Reports can take a while to generate, it is logical to say that it is the newly imposed limit of 15000ms per the (rule "LongRequest") as set by the <b>Host</b> is the reason behind all the Reports problems.

<center>Brigadier General Edward Stewart
[url="http://bonemash.webng.com/EdStewart.html"]Image[/url]

2nd Brig, 3rd Div,
III Corps, ANV
III Corps Adjutant
ANV Chief of Staff
</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:01 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bonemash</i>
<br />It is the Timeout setting that is generating the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error......

the browser is just guessing....

Because we know that these Reports can take a while to generate, it is logical to say that it is the newly imposed limit of 15000ms per the (rule "LongRequest") as set by the <b>Host</b> is the reason behind all the Reports problems.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes.

ACWGC Cabinet Member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:32 am 

I guess we will get the reports when poor Ernie has managed to get the host to cooperate. What a lousy time for this to happen in the middle of your holidays...my sympathies mates...For me (I check Records once or twice daily) It is just plain ditto for me...can't get <b>anything </b>now, but I can register start and end games...at least I think can...because of course I can not get "MY GAMES" report or see my "Individual Report" to check to see if the "end" and "start" games went though.

I also keep trying to get the army report for the AoC in prep for this month's adjutant report...nothing but those maddening error pages. I tried what someone suggested..i.e. refreshing and/or going back to the previous page..but nothing but the same error messages..even the help pages won't come because Abode errors so you can't even try anything the host suggests.

Sorry Ernie...what a headache for you. We will get through when we do and that will have to do I suspect. Thanks for all of your trying my friend. Gotta be pretty maddening for you. [:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by krmiller</i>
<br />I get that error sometimes and other times I get

HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

The website cannot display the page

Most likely causes:
The website is under maintenance.
The website has a programming error.

What you can try:
Refresh the page.
Go back to the previous page.

More information
This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

Brigadier General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AT, CTH, GB, OZK, SH, VK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:00 am 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="limegreen">Gentlemen! <salute>

Here is what I do to get Reports from the Reports section of the DoR. I can request End Games Corps Report and also the same from the Army Report. However, the key to getting the reports are not to ask for too much information all at one time. I just experimented with the Army Report, I had asked for the whole month of December and didn't get it but when I asked for the past 10 days the report came thru.

My point is this info is available but only for small chunks at a time. I have used the Corps Report for monthly Reports over trying to use the Army Report, just too much info that takes too long to download. I hope this helps some!

Respectfully,

</font id="limegreen"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Nick Kunz
General
Commanding,
Grey Immortals
Army of Georgia
Confederate States of America</font id="limegreen"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:50 am 

Thanks. I will try that if the regular functionality is not restored early in the month...I appreciate the tip and will try now.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by warbison</i>
<br /><font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="limegreen">Gentlemen! <salute>

Here is what I do to get Reports from the Reports section of the DoR. I can request End Games Corps Report and also the same from the Army Report. However, the key to getting the reports are not to ask for too much information all at one time. I just experimented with the Army Report, I had asked for the whole month of December and didn't get it but when I asked for the past 10 days the report came thru.

My point is this info is available but only for small chunks at a time. I have used the Corps Report for monthly Reports over trying to use the Army Report, just too much info that takes too long to download. I hope this helps some!

Respectfully,

General
Commanding,
Grey Immortals
Army of Georgia

Brigadier General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:13 am 

<b><font color="red">NICK!!! You be "Da Man!!!" </font id="red"></b>[8D] <font color="beige"><b>THAT</b></font id="beige"> worked like a charm...thanks ever so much...I was able to GET BOTH the AoC XIV Corps Report and the AoC end game reports by in two halves...15 days each report...first half of month and the second half...so glad that you have discovered this method and posted it. For my purposes it works for all I need to know to do my monthly report...I am not worried about MY GAMES report because I keep my own record of who I am playing and which games are in progress and completed. Thanks again. [:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by warbison</i>
<br /><font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="limegreen">Gentlemen! <salute>

Respectfully,

General
Commanding,
Grey Immortals
Army of Georgia

Brigadier General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer
1st Cav Division
XIV Corps, AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:10 am 

Nick,

I've done the same thing to get the battle reports, however you can't do that with the OBD reports, the only way around that is to use the Admin page and get an individual report for each officer in your army, takes a lot more time than the summary report.

Don't you just love it when they "upgrade" something that was working fine. [:(!]

Went through the same thing with my Comcast personal webpages. They upgraded me from 25 MB to 1 GB of storage space and my webpages wouldn't load and I couldn't get access to them to update the files. Whenever I contacted their service department I kept getting the same answer, "We're experiencing difficulties with the switchover to the 'new improved' version and hope to have it straightened out shortly." Well their shortly took the better part of a month. Good thing these were just personal webpages and not a business site or they'd have had a real problem.

Gen. Ken Miller

Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:15 pm 

A very good short term work-around, Nick.

ACWGC Cabinet Member
</b></font id="gold">

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next