American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:24 pm 

See I told ya'll that the voting was fixed. Should of had an outside interest "non-military" type to do the count [:D]. Maybe a retired Reb officer [:p] Thanks General Nix, I lost my dad in 1962 from cancer and was 9 yrs old at the time. I remember that his last duty station was at the Naval Post Graduate school. But he didn't talk much about his time in the Navy during the war, I found out about it from an Uncle who was a submariner during the war and I was able to get some of his Navy records from the dept of the Navy. And I don't think the kids of today could handle the UCMJ [:D] but it would be fun trying it on them. Thank goodness school is out for the summer on Friday here in NC.

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:02 pm 

6 years US Navy. 4 years aboard the Big "E", USS Enterprise CVN-65.

Lt-Col Shaw,
4th Brigade, 2nd Div,
XX Corps, AoC, USA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:04 pm 

Geez, the Marines have already mustered and the anchor clankers are still getting out of the rack![:D]

MG Mike Mihalik
1/III/AoMiss/CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:36 pm 

General Mihalik Suh,

It isn't our fault the Army recorder had to take off his shoes to finish the recount [:D]. Besides the Marines should of been added into the Navy column, since the Marines ARE part of the Navy [:p]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:12 am 

Those were boots I had to take off and at least I'm not dropping my pants to count that extra.[:D][:p]

LTC. Charles Babb
COLD STEEL!
6th Brigade,3rd Division
XXIII Corps
Army of the Ohio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:36 am 

Ok Ok, shoes, boots what's the difference. You Army types usually don't get out of the rack until noon anyway [:D].

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:16 am 

Small world paisan. I lost my dad to cancer in 1956 when I was 10 years old...was a tough row to hoe, just my mom and I...the Navy helped to keep me straight...and humble. And you are correct about those Marines. They come under the Department of the Navy...and in time of war the Coast Guard also comes under the Department of the Navy. That is when the "knee deep sailors" take to the ocean blue. [:)]

<font face="Script MT Bold"></font id="Script MT Bold"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boilertech</i>
<br />See I told ya'll that the voting was fixed. Should of had an outside interest "non-military" type to do the count [:D]. Maybe a retired Reb officer [:p] Thanks General Nix, I lost my dad in 1962 from cancer and was 9 yrs old at the time. I remember that his last duty station was at the Naval Post Graduate school. But he didn't talk much about his time in the Navy during the war, I found out about it from an Uncle who was a submariner during the war and I was able to get some of his Navy records from the dept of the Navy. And I don't think the kids of today could handle the UCMJ [:D] but it would be fun trying it on them. Thank goodness school is out for the summer on Friday here in NC.

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Major General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer, AoC,
XIV Corps,Cav Division
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AT, CTH, GB, OZK, SH, VK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:03 am 

I agree I get out of the rack at noon after pulling an all nighter running operations[:0]. You Swabbies go to bed at 8:00pm and get up at 7:00am to work a 9-5 job[;)]. 4 hours of sleep and lots of coffee is what a soldier lives on[:D].

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boilertech</i>
<br />Ok Ok, shoes, boots what's the difference. You Army types usually don't get out of the rack until noon anyway [:D].

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

LTC. Charles Babb
COLD STEEL!
6th Brigade,3rd Division
XXIII Corps
Army of the Ohio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:52 pm 

Hey Thomas,

Yea it was tough, but my moms sister took me in and lived with them until I enlisted into the Navy 1971. I thought the Coast Guard had a minimum height requirement, you have to be at least 6 foot to join that way if the boat sinks they can walk back to shore [:D]. Charles I wish it was that way when I was in the Navy, don't know how it was on a ship. But in a battalion we'd be up for morning muster at 0630 and get off at 1600, but while on deployment we'd be fell in for morning muster at 0600 and work until 1700 six days aweek. During the late sixtys and early seventies our deployments were 10 months long and now they are 7 months long[:(!] they got it made now. Since 97 they are putting females in the battalions, before they were only assigned to shore duty either state sides or overseas since the battalions were concidered combat units don't know what has changed guess they don't think they are combat units now [:D]. But tell them that when the shells start dropping in and the bullets go to flying [B)]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:35 am 

The service is changeing all over. When I was leaving the service they were intagrating a no stress program in the army. I found it to be a joke and insulte to the older soldiers who have done there time. when a soldier felt they were being pressed to hard they were allowed to take a time out to relax. They were also hiring contractors to do our work for us so we had more down time and chance to do more soldier skill training. Now I don't disagree with all of that training but I had the problem of making sure my mechanics had the skills to repair our equipment when deployed. There would be no contractors in the combat zone to repair our equipment. I could not train our new mechanics on our personal equipment and it's problems because the only time we touched it was in the field. i see many problems in the future for the service if things continue the way they are.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boilertech</i>
<br />Hey Thomas,

Yea it was tough, but I had my moms sister take me in and lived with them until I enlisted into the Navy. I thought the Coast Guard had a minimum height requirement, you have to be at least 6 foot to join that way if the boat sinks they can walk back to shore [:D]. Charles I wish it was that way when I was in the Navy, don't know how it was on a ship. But in a battalion we'd be up for morning muster at 0630 and get off at 1600, but while on deployment we'd be fell in for morning muster at 0600 and work until 1700 six days aweek. During the late sixtys and early seventies our deployments were 10 months long and now they are 7 months long[:(!] they got it made now.

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

LTC. Charles Babb
COLD STEEL!
6th Brigade,3rd Division
XXIII Corps
Army of the Ohio

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:34 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">[i]Originally posted by boilertech[/i they got it made now. Since 97 they are putting females in the battalions, before they were only assigned to shore duty either state sides or overseas since the battalions were concidered combat units don't know what has changed guess they don't think they are combat units now [:D]. But tell them that when the shells start dropping in and the bullets go to flying [B)]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

I know what you mean. I had several female soldiers assigned to me in Iraq and my male soldiers were worried when it came down to the line if they (females) could get them out if they were hit. I knew where they were coming from because I am 6'1" and 225 and I figured that I would have to crawl out. It also presented many problems in camp once we started to hold our objectives. One soldier was doing another and another got mad because he wasn't involved and decided to fight it out. What a mess. I ended up transfering one of my better mechanics to another squad to seperate everyone.

LTC. Charles Babb
COLD STEEL!
6th Brigade,3rd Division
XXIII Corps
Army of the Ohio

Post subject: Re: Military Service
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:27 pm 
I happen to run across this thread while searching through some old files.

As Veteran's Day comes around next week I just wanted to send my thanks to all of you Veteran's out there.

<SALUTE>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:25 pm 
Gentlemen,
One year national guard '85, transportation, 4 years active duty, 86-90, cavalry scout,
Ashaffenburg, Germany 2 years 3rd ID, 2 years Ft Hood, 2AD, got out 90, went to one
national guard drill (trans) and was activated DesertShield/Desert Storm, Dec 90 to July 91,
got out Dec 91. Reenlisted Oct 2001, national guard, mortars, served as site commander OP8,
MFO (Multinational Force Observers) 6 month deployment 2003 in the Sinai based at South Camp
, right next to Sharm-el-Sheikh, Bush came there for a conference, they have many international conferences,
there, thought he might make an appearance at the camp, but we were secondary QRF and a small camp.
2006-2007, NBC, but served as Battle NCO in the BDOC, Base Defense Operations Center, Camp Phoenix,
Kabul, Afghanistan. A Pakistani recruited by the Taliban drove a car filled with munitions into our front gate,
a national, nicknamed "Rambo" stopped him from detonating the munitions in the car. Italian EOD managed to blow up the car and half our west perimeter with their robot, no criticisms, shit happens and no one was even wounded. Pres. Bush mentioned "Rambo" in one of his televised briefings, I managed to catch it while there. The Taliban had killed "Rambo's" wife and children and he helped man the front gate. My current enlistment ends next month, accrued 15 years but will be taking medical retirement at 52.
The entire OK army national guard brigade is deploying to Afghanistan early next year, for some this is
their 3rd deployment there and some of the same have 1, 2, or even 3 deployments to Iraq also.
In my regular army days I had doubts about the national guard, now they are as fearsome a force
as the U.S. can deploy anywhere anytime worldwide.
Salute to all ya'll vets.

Last edited by Ray on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:43 pm 

There is only one Service "Navy" the senior service.

Brigade Commander
Alabama State Volunteers
Cleburne's Division
Hardee's Corps
(1/1/1)
Army of Tennessee

Confederate States of America

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:52 am 

I just saw this..........Army 10 yrs. all Infantry......The grounds I've haunted......

Ft. Jackson, SC
Ft. Benning, GA
Ft. Riley, KS
Neu Ulm, Germany (2 yrs)
Panama (Jungle School)
Ft. Polk, LA
Schofield Barracks, HI (4 yrs)
Ft. Chaffee, AR (2 30 day deployments)
Australian Outback (33 day deployment)

BG Mark Vaccaro
4/II/AoG/CSA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next