American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:16 pm 

Got the game from NWS on line site, but when I tried to install the game from my cd drive "D" on my computer it wouldn't load kept getting the error message about no disc in drive. But when I put the disc in my "E" drive which is the one for making data/music cd's it installed with no problem. Good thing that once it's installed you don't need to have the disc in to play the game like with the HPS games. Has anyone have this problem. When I contacted Matrix back in December, I still haven't gotten a reply. Guess once they got their money, it's O Well you're on your own [B)]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:01 pm 

I've had disks read on one drive but not another. It's just an (unfortunate) fact of life. Technical problems are probably best posted at Matrix. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=484

Lt. General Dirk Gross
XIV Corps/AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:01 am 

I have had exactly the same thing with other companies disks. No rhyme nor reason, no logic. It just works in dvd-r drive but not in the dvd drive.

Bg. General Gilbert Collins
Army of Alabama
III/I/2nd Brigade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:43 am 

I did a digital download so avoided that issue. Is the game on a CD or on a DVD?

Brig. Gen. Phil Driscoll
1st Brigade/1st Division/VCorps/AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:21 pm 

Hi Phil,

The game is on a CD and not a DVD, maybe that could be the problem. Haven't had this type of problem before.

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:37 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boilertech</i>
<br />Got the game from NWS on line site, but when I tried to install the game from my cd drive "D" on my computer it wouldn't load kept getting the error message about no disc in drive. But when I put the disc in my "E" drive which is the one for making data/music cd's it installed with no problem. Good thing that once it's installed you don't need to have the disc in to play the game like with the HPS games. Has anyone have this problem. When I contacted Matrix back in December, I still haven't gotten a reply. Guess once they got their money, it's O Well you're on your own [B)]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sometimes the drives specs and/or the CD are a little off and a drive will not recognize the CD. I have had this happen on a number of different games including WoW's install discs.

If your "E" drive is R/W, one thing I have found works is to use that drive to burn a copy. Usually you will find the copy works just fine.

LG. Kennon Whitehead
Chatham Grays
1/1/III AoM (CSA)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:14 pm 

Thanks Gentlemen for all of the help,yes Kennon my E drive is a R/W. But since you don't need to place the game disc in the drive to play the game like with the HPS games. But I will try to make a copy of the game if possible and try it that way. But it may be copy right protected.

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA