American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:31 am 

To all those present, Greetings:

On the recommendation of his superiors at the Army of the Cumberland, The Chief of the Union Armies takes great pleasure in awarding Major General Joseph Meyer the Medal of Honor.

General Meyer has been instrumental in all aspects of Union Army leadership. His efforts in publishing the Nashville Sentinel

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow ... dition.pdf

greatly enhanced the AoC/AoG Bar Room Brawl tourney, as you will all see if you take a moment to read it.

He has also significantly helped in updating and expanding the Union Awards, and is a top notch Division Commander.

It is ordered that all Union batteries in the Washington defenseworks fire a 21 gun salute, pointed South, in General Meyer's honor.

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Signed,

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:55 am 

Congratulations Joe! This is very well deserved indeed and recognizes the huge amount of commitment and work you put into the club as a whole and to the AoC.[8D][^]

[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acwgc/acwgc_personal_record.htm"]General Antony Barlow[/url]
[url="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.r.barlow/acwgc/western_theater.htm"]Commander, Western Theater, Union Army[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:20 am 

Gentlemen from both armies, please join this parade ground tribute to a fine man and officer. Salute.

Gen Dave Danner
Army Commander
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:36 am 

I'll certainly jump in here to add my congrats!

Respectfully,

Lt. Bill Stokes
3rd Brigade, 3rd Division, I Corps
Army of Alabama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:13 am 

Sir,

Congrats on your reward. You most definitely deserve the award as your actions as my training officer and commanding officer have made my experiences in this club much richer by your actions.

Respectfully,

Lt. Col. Kevin Killeen
Arty Brigade, 2nd Division
XIV/AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:21 am 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">General Meyer Sir! <salute>

I wish to echo the previous Officers and congratulate you for a richly deserving award. Joseph you have made a huge impact in this Gaming Club at a time when the very nature of this wonderful Club seems to have changed. You have also proved that one person can make a difference and I would hope others will see this as an example to follow and continue to contribute in their own unique way.

All the very best to you now and for your future endeavors!

</font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Nick Kunz
General
Commanding
3rd Georgia Raiders
4th Cavalry Division
II Corps, AoG</font id="limegreen"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:32 pm 

A well deserved commendation, I recall receiving an email from Gen Danner about a year ago concerning a Lt Meyer discovering there was no award for the Kennesaw Mountain scenario and his offer to create one if I wanted. Now being the lazy type I took him up on his offer and he did such a fine job he was drafted to update all the union awards. His thorough examination of the various games to determine union award eligibility as well as his graphics work updating the awards has been an excellent piece of work.

Gen. Ken Miller
1/2/VI
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:32 pm 

Sir:

My hat is off for you, but as for the 21 guns pointing South. We will be answering that with 42 guns point North and firing them in Gen. Meyer's honor.

I to want to congratulate you for a richly deserving award.

Long Live the South..

Willie Tisdale
"The Gray Fox"
General
Chief of Armies - CSA
ACWGC Cabinet Member

"Any people, anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable and most sacred right - a right which we hope and believe is to liberate the world. Nor is this right confined to cases in which the whole people of an existing government may choose to exercise it. Any portion of such people, that can may revolutionize and make their own of so many of the territory as they inhabit."

Abraham Lincoln
January 12, 1848.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:35 pm 

General Meyer, SIR! <salute>

Congratulations Joe. Acquiring your friendship has been perhaps the greatest of the many blessings that have been bestowed upon me since becoming a member of ACWGC. You display your marvelous character in your many good actions and deeds , providing us all with someone to emulate.

May God Always Bless You and Yours,

Colonel Larry Kocher
Commanding
1st Division
I Corp
Army of Georgia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:15 pm 

SALUTE!

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet Member
ACWGC Records Site Administrator
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:07 am 

<font color="beige"><b>Congratulations Suh</b></font id="beige">

<center> <font color="beige"><b>General R.A.'Bob'Weir </b></font id="beige">
<font color="green"><b><font size="4">CSA Eastern Theater Commander</b></font id="size4"></font id="green">
<b>ACWGC Cabinet Member</b> </center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:30 am 

Congratulations! Execllent work on the Nashville Sentinel - An entertaining read.

Brig. General P. Kenney
3rd Division
Cavalry Corps
Army of the Mississippi, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:25 am 

I am suitably overwhelmed with this award and am especially honored to have both received it from such a stellar group of senior officers and to have the congratulations of those of you with whom I have conversed. Beginning with General Laub's kind words within the citation and echoed by each of you amid all of the cannon salutes, north and south, there is exibited a very special kind of spirit that is exemplified by the members of the ACWGC. I can only described it as the motivational force behind my own poor contributions. It is a willingness to share a personal interest, to create a brotherhood, to provide a forum of mutual benefit and understanding, to enjoy each other's company in as many ways as possible!

While Jeff makes it sound as if I have been an indespensible feature in the workings of the ACWGC Union Army, he, and the officers who have stepped forward to mold, shepherd and safeguard this entire club are the real heros! It is largely through their constant and focused attention that the ACWGC maintains its vitality and spirit. While all the rest of us take it for granted that there are forums like this one in which we can easily express our views and debate the issues, that there is an automated system that magically keeps track of our ranks and battle records, that training academies and war colleges are continually in operation, that various army and corps websites are maintained and updated with regularity, that we can almost always find an opponent who will at least share the same basic respect for the structured venue we offer...all of that is carefully and intelligently fostered in an on-going, daily basis by those who would see all of their brother officers attain the same personal satisfactions and enjoyments as they themselves have experienced. They are there, quietly and unobtrusively going about their voluntary work, largely unrecognized and unappreciated by the rest of us, and asking of no special mention or adulation. They simply enjoy what they are doing and want to extend the ACWGC experience to everyone else! I've been a member now, for a little over 15 months; yet within that time I've still not come to know the names of <i>all of those </i>who have in the past and do now so richly contribute their time and effort in providing the framework of my own enjoyment! I do not believe that the medal has yet been cast nor the ribbon yet designed that would give proper credit to these individuals... but I certainly intend to explore that possibility!

It is also my intention to provide at some point a linked venue where all of the issues of the <i>Nashville Sentinel</i> may be made available to those of you who were so unfortunate not to have been members of either the AoC or AoG. However, there are those of both of those organizations who would argue whether the experience of having been put on the <i>Sentinel's</i> mailing list was not in some way more of a terrible ordeal! In fact, I believe that there may now be a secret, concerted effort on the part of some AoG officers to have me permanently silenced, especially in lieu of the rather conceited message I have just recently left in Miss Clarissa's Tavern! (See <i>"Promotions - Three of Our Finest", </i>AoG Tavern.)

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Second Division, 14th Corps,
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:22 am 

Congratulations! It is a well deserved honor. Your efforts have impacted the AOC as well as the club in a greatly beneficial way.

Lt. General Dirk Gross
XIV Corps/AoC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:51 am 

My profuse apologies for weighing in so late to this very very important topic. CONGRATULATIONS! my good friend and fellow comrade. You and your considerable acumen of talents, contributions and esprit de corps are worthy of such an award and more. As some one who has personally benefited and experienced so much from a sincere friendship with you as well as good gaming advice and historical insights, <b><font color="beige">I SALUTE you my good Sir!</font id="beige"></b>

Major General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer, AoC,
XIV Corps, Cumberland Sabres
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AN, AT,CHK CTH, GB, OZK, PEN, SH, VK,