American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:16 am 

Gentlemen,I would challenge you to a one on one Lt. Gen Riggs big dog takes all.....But you have to ask your wife first for permission...If she say yes to me whooping your butt again.....Because we know how wet her collar gets from your tears after a loosing battle...Heard she has enough water to start her own water company...Like us brave rebs are afraid of a Yank....Yah,right.....Or as General Danner calls us....Scum buttercups.....remember, scum always floats on top..we Rebs will be all over you like a pervert at a virgin factory...

Lt. Gen. John Dragan AoA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:05 am 

And there goes General Dragan again, starting a battle of wits with an empty arsenal!

Lt. Gen. Derald Riggs
Commander, Army of the Cumberland, Union Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:38 am 

Some old response...A one liner and they are gone....I mean, gone with their tales behind them crying for mamma.....Are you gunna fight or what....

Lt. Gen John Dragan A0A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:38 am 

Well, General Dragan, you've managed to insult our Western Theater Commander, General Antony Barlow, our own good present and former army commanders, Lt.-Gen. Derald Riggs and General David Danner, and you've even tossed an aspersion my way, suggesting that I must pull a cork to take the field! All of this unnecessarily done by you on the honorable occasion of a command change in the Army of the Cumberland!

<i>"Sir Anthony, Where is your new leader...aka Derald..Cowering in the far corner....You all say actions speak louder than words....Do I have to do more......General Meyer is speaking in your tavern with courage that he found in a bottle.....Read my 1st post again.....I have already slapped you all with my gauntlets, that is my riding gloves, as I have to explain to you Yanks..This means I have challenged you all to a dual...Do I have to do it again....I can....The first time was fun......"</i>

You must have some serious psychological issues, General, to act in such an unrestrained and boorish manner on such an occasion! Perhaps it is the stinging memory of all those drubbings that comes to your mind each time you hear the word, "Cumberland"! It is not due to any hesitancy or dullness on our part to recognize that you've impugned our honor and will be suitably <i>chastised</i> for your unbidden slurs. It is only that we simply stand in momentary shock that you could so flippantly and unconcernedly call down your own destruction!

Let me tell you something, General! No one in any tavern makes such derogatory remarks about <i>my</i> commanders in such a cretin, loutish manner without suffering the consequences! I had thought the officers of the Army of Alabama to be at least men of some substance and culture. Those that I have and am playing now I regard with some deserved courtesy. But I see that their leader wishes to take them down a road of wild, unmitigated bravado that will tarnish their reputations forever!

Perhaps you need to hear that word echoing around in your head a little more forcibly to cure you of your demons, General. What word was that, you ask?

<font color="orange"><b>C-U-M-B-E-R-L-A-N-D!</b></font id="orange">

I think that I should see your gaunlets placed permanently in a display case within the Woodin Injun Tavern!

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Second Division, 14th Corps,
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:12 am 

To General Meyers, If you would like I will appologize for my remarks....For I was totally impressed that someone from the AoC (aka.Army of Cowards) can write more than one coherant sentance at a time....With correct spellun en verrbs two.......So please accept my apology....As for my gauntlets....They come with me wearing them...And you don't want to see neither on the field of battle..As Colonel Patton says, "We grab Yanks by the nose and kick them in the rear".....Oh this is too easy and too much fun.....

Lt. Gen. John Dragan AoA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:18 pm 

<b>What they said!!! Generals Riggs and Meyer that is.</b> [:D][:p][8]<font color="red"><LOL>!!! </font id="red"><b>An<b></b>d "Starting a battle of wits with an empty arsenal!" I love that Boss...Good one!!! </b> [:D]

Major General
Tom Ciampa
Commanding Officer, AoC,
XIV Corps, Cumberland Sabres
Games: TS/BG: AN, BR, CH, GB, SH - HPS: AN, AT,CHK CTH, GB, OZK, PEN, SH, VK,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:10 am 

What is left of my heart goes out to these Buttercup scum who must use epithets, cowardly ways, lies, misstatements, fabrications, falsehoods, misrepresentations, subterfuge, sophistry, perversion, fraud, equivocation, distortion, prevarication, duplicity, hypocrisy, quackery, charlatanism, film-flamery, perfidy, mendacity, delusional behavior, forgery, deceitfulness, pretense, and general dishonesty in their verbosity to incite our great Army to accept a tournament bid. Is it beyond their ability to simply make a challenge like real warriors? And gentlemen, scum rises to the top for only one reason. It is swept away like all waste to be treated and cleaned of its bad manners.

Gen Dave Danner
2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:16 pm 

THERE!!! Do you see that, General Dragan??? That's the way <i>our</i> leaders let it all hang out!!!

I salute you, General Danner, for each of your sentiments!

<SALUTE> <SALUTE> <SALUTE> <SALUTE> <SALUTE> <SAL ...

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:45 pm 

Gentlemen,

In comes a message hot off the Nashville telegraf line from the AoC's valient Press Affairs Officer, Col. Philo T. Spinmeister:

[From an undisclosed location]I am SHOCKED AND APPALLED that a so-called gentleman of the south would have the gall to defame a single Northern Officer, let alone such as splendid specimen as Gen'l Riggs! -STOP -

It is the well-known opinion of all the right-thinking people in the world that the males of Alabama display such little manly ardour that their women desparately beseech the old and the infirm to defend their homesteads and families, while their girlie-boys are off playing with dolls!-STOP-

Need I remind you that the typical Alabaman spends his days in the woods, drinking his courage from a vile swill they call 'corn squeezin's' while doing who knows what with the animal population. And it seems that this 'white lightning' tends to bring out the poet in them, as General Shoo-fly attempts to demonstrate, but what comes out of his scraggly, snaggle-toothed lips is is nothing but a constipation of thought and a diarrhea of words! -STOP-

Finally, in battle the Army of Alabama shows the Union its 'hindquarters' with such regularity that the Confederate quartermasters had no choice but to issue them butternut pants, so as not to offend the dignity of the good Christian men who must witness this sorry spectacle again and again. -STOP-

Noble Officers of the Army of the Cumberland! I need just a few of you to join me in whipping their sorry backsides!On to Mobile! -STOP-

I remain,

Col. Philo T. Spinmeister
Press Affairs Officer
Army of the Cumberland

Lt. John Fogarty
2nd Brigade "Carlin's Cavaliers"
First Division
XX Corps
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:54 pm 

Wow,,,I never heard so many words at one time, heck i dont even know what half of-em mean, but I am sure I did not tell a lie or was I even dishonest in anyway, fabrication and distortion,, again i dont think so, nor did i misrepresent any falsehoods,fraud, or commit preversion in anyway, as for quackery I must admit I went to med-school but had to drop out because I could not use the proper verbosity and used another students termpaper and forged my name on it, so i guess i was a little deceitfull in that reguard. as for delusional behavior, asking a simple question we get hammered with half the dictonary, who is delusional here, lets see, charlatanism-flim flanery-perfidy-mendacity-equivocation-prevarication, iam sure these are above my paygrade,but nice words though. I know there was no sophistry or subterfuge when i stated that there was a statement offered by general dragan and you did not dispute the fact nor did you offer to defend it on the battlefield

MG. VANNADA
HEADQUATERS:
2nd INFT.DIV.
2ND CORPS
AOA

http://www.geocities.com/heydreck/AOA.h ... 3437?20075

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:52 am 
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bill Peters</i>
<br />The result is still the same LTG Dragan - LTG Riggs refuses to fight you.[:p]

Oh well, we AoA members know who is tops anyway. [;)]

Col. Bill Peters, The Boise Rifles, II Corps Artillery, AoA
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

AoA is always first - on the field of battle and alphabetically! [:D]

Regards,

Lt. Gen. Alan Lynn
CSA Chief of Staff
3rd Bgde, 3rd Cav Div, II Corps, AoA

God Bless <><

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:11 am 

Gentlemen:

I can only use one liners when communicating with General Dragan. Otherwise he is up all night reading the message while moving his lips and turning to his wife when he gets to a word with more than one syllable [:D]saying "honey, now what does this here big word mean?"

Lt. Gen. Derald Riggs
Commander, Army of the Cumberland, Union Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:00 am 

Oh, no! Now "Colonel" Bill Peters and Alan Lynn, the CSA Chief of Staff, are chiming in with their two cents! <i>"This thing will get out of control!"</i>

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:06 am 

Peters and Lynn are lucky to have 2 cents between them. I'm of the opinion they have no sense at all!

I want in on this one. Hand me a rifle, stick me in a regiment and I'll form up the lines. Gonna shoot me some Rebs!

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:36 am 

Glad to have you, General Laub! Very glad, indeed! Anyone else up there in Washington that might like to get their shoulder boards dirty?! We're starting to put together a suitable format for this gun down, but we're still a little out and away from a tying up the package. It shouldn't be more than, I'd say a couple of weeks away at this point, maybe a bit longer.

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Army of the Cumberland