American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:39 pm 
Gentlemen,

I want to welcome you <u>ALL</u> (Reb & Yank alike) to enjoy some of the sweet Southern hospitality offered here by the IVth Corps of the Army of the Mississippi. Pull up a chair, grab a free cigar from the box behind the bar and there's even some free Yankee coffee available (if it doesn't bother you that it's stolen and you don't ask any questions about where we got it).

For those of you looking for stronger refreshments... there is quite a variety of Southern liquor available from the Bartender and he's quite happy to accept payment in Yankee gold. [;)] And perhaps others of you might want to spread out a few maps and make some plans. (Yankee maps left behind by accident will be given our utmost scrutiny!)

And for those with simpler tastes... there's a few books on the shelf by the window. Help yourself! I believe General Jackson may have left an old Bible over there and if you happen to be around on a Sunday afternoon you might get lucky enough to hear him and R.L. Dabney having one of their theological discussions.

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:12 pm 
Gentlemen,

May I have the floor please? <thank you>

I have an important dispatch from our Army Cmdr, General Tony Malone.

<i><b>ATTENTION TO ORDERS</b>

I, General Tony Malone, do hearby appoint Brigadier General Jon Hooper to immediately assume command of the 2nd Division of the IV Corps, AoM. May he and his men bring home many a glorious victory against our Northern foe and ultimately help to secure the freedom of self-government that we as Southern gentlemen so richly deserve.</i>

Now here's a reason to really celebrate! Three cheers for Jon Hooper, our new 2nd Division Commander! Hip Hip Hurrah!

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:29 am 

Welcome Sirs to the IV Cavalry Corps!

2nd worst Corps in the Confederate Army? Well that should make the 3rd Division's Mulitplayer Challenge a sure thing for the blue bellies....yet when we look - there are none to be seen!

Perhaps the 2nd Worst are still more than a match for any Blue outfit![8D]

Brig. General P. Kenney
3rd Division
Cavalry Corps
Army of the Mississippi, CSA

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:44 am 

Thank you, sir!

BG Jon Hooper
2nd Div/IV Corps/AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:51 pm 
Gents,

Do we still have a lot of ACW Reenactors in the Club? Or have they all moved on to greener pastures?

I remember we used to have quite a few in the old days. Now that I'm living on the east coast... it would be a whole lot easier to go see them in action. I've always been interesting in reenacting myself but my weekend scheduling just wouldn't permit me to be involved in reenacting on a regular basis.

Just curious...

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:31 am 
Gentlemen,

Today I have the honor of promoting Nick DeStefano to the rank of Captain! Congratulations, Sir! <salute>

Now boys... hustle to the bar and get your free popcorn before it's gone! Nick was going to offer free beverages but on a Captain's pay it wouldn't have gone very far... so I guess it's <b>POPCORN FOR EVERYONE</b>!!!

Now Nick... hustle out there on the battlefield and win a few more engagements so I can promote you to Major!

Warmest Regards,

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:48 am 
Ladies and Gentlemen,

(I say "Ladies" just in case there are any Yanks in here!) [:p]

Brig. General Paul Kenney and Fld Lt Ian Travers have twisted my arm into trying to set up a 3 way MPG game at Atlanta. Now if there happen to be some <b><font color="blue">blue bellies</font id="blue"></b> about that are interested in entering into such a maneuver they are free to post below or send a dispatch rider to my [url="mailto:husker6101@yahoo.com"]HQ[/url]. I know Paul and Ian are pretty quick with the old battle file turn around so they'll be looking for some similarly equipped Yanks. MPG games tend to drag a bit so it's important to have some highly motivated individuals.

We did talk to General Matt Perrenod but he said he was too busy! I happen to know that's true because the low down skunk is beating the tar out of me [B)] in an impossible scenario at Vicksburg. I'm sick to my stomach about the whole thing. (But thumbs up to Matt, he's being very nice about the whole thing. A stand up sort of guy... for a Yank!)

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:04 am 
Colonel Peters,
Bill,

Why yes, Sir... there always do seem to be some hot winds blowing through here! (I hope it means Spring is coming and winter is almost over!) [:D]

As for the horses... of late, they's been for running from Gen. Perrenod though I must report that Brig. General Kenney fought him to a Draw in one of their engagements recently. I think they have fought 3 battles... have 1 win apiece and a draw. That's some pretty hard fighting!

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:01 pm 

I'm afraid the score between myself and General Perrenod now stands at 2 Major Victories for the Yankees - Pender survived (just about) to fight another day...[B)]

Brig. General P. Kenney
3rd Division
Cavalry Corps
Army of the Mississippi, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:35 pm 
Brig General Kenney,
Paul,

Well, don't feel too bad about your record against General Perrenod. I've only got a stinky Union Major Victory to show for my first engagement with him at Vicksburg. I was grossly outnumbered but that's no slight on the ol' Matt.

I'm hoping the next battle in our campaign goes a bit better for the Confederacy. [;)]

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:15 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">The best paying jobs in the Confederacy!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's the same flyer you used to recruit me. So are we getting paid bi-monthly, once a month or what? I've checked my bank account and haven't noticed any new direct deposits. [:p]

"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT"

BG Jon Hooper
2nd Div/Cavalry Corps/AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:06 pm 
Brigadier General Hooper,
Jon,

Why Sir, you have yet to meet the conditions of the contract! Look at it again... you know... see the fine print at the bottom, on the back page. Let me write it out for you in bigger letters.

<i><font color="yellow"><b><font size="3">Payable at the time of your first <u>MAJOR VICTORY</u> over a Union Opponent!</font id="size3"></b></font id="yellow"></i>

Now come on Jon, whatcha been waiting for?

I'm sure it's just an <b><font color="maroon">Oklahoma</font id="maroon"></b> thing. Go to the Bowl Game... LOSE. Go to the Bowl Game... LOSE. I hate to say this but it might happen in 2009. Go to the Big Twelve Championship... face the Nebraska Cornhuskers... LOSE. Go to the Tiddy Bowl... LOSE.

But that's ok, Jon! The Longhorns, A&M and OSU are not going anywhere either! And if you want to root for the <font color="red"><b>HUSKERS</b></font id="red">... the more the merrier!

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:33 pm 

Ya'll will get paid, about the time the people of Kansas get their tax returns [:D][:D][:D][:p] Nice site Roger, but the fine print on the WANTED poster I can't read looks like its in Spanish or something. Whats the catch, trying to deceive the new recruits.

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:51 am 
Gentlemen,

A Scouting Report from the field!

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:59 am 

Why, Gen. Hulinsky, that can't be me you're pointing out - the gentleman is much too fine-looking a fellow. I'm the ugly one driving the wagon.

Indeed we are in high spirits, because we've seen nothing but the hind end of your column, and it's a strangely humorous experience.

Gen. Matt Perrenod
<i>The Blue Ghost</i>
Commandant, Union Military Academy
1st Brigade, 2nd Division, VIII Corps, Army of the Shenandoah
UMA Class of '01

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next