American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:49 am 
General Perrenod,

Well, good day to you, Sir! <salute> Welcome... have yourself a seat!

I apoligize for the case of the mistaken identity! I told the boys to look for an ugly Yank wearing blue but there seems to have been a whole lot of confusion on the matter. I thought for sure you'd be riding a horse! I didn't know you was one of them ambulance riding Generals! [;)]

You are fine gentlemen, Sir and I thank you for the kindness in your remarks about saying you've seen nothing but the hind end of my columns. This is absolutely true!

You see I heard "to beat a Yank you have to use his own tactics against him". So I had Captain DeStefano bring me his old tactics manual from the Union Military Academy. We leafed through it and found one we liked. I quote from page 103.

<i>"At the first sight of the enemy.. AFFIX BAYONETS AND RUN FOR YOUR LIFE towards the woodline! Don't stop, don't turn and look back, just run for the woods. Once in the woods, continue to run in circles. Eventually you'll get lost and maybe get lucky enough to come up behind some Rebs. Then yell at them SURRENDER!!! If they throw down their weapons... you have won the day!!!"</i>

Why Sir, that seemed like a delightful tactic to the Captain and me so we just had to try it! [:p]

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:57 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> But that's ok, Jon! The Longhorns, A&M and OSU are not going anywhere either! And if you want to root for the HUSKERS... the more the merrier!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gen Hulinsky,

We'll just see if your Huskers can run with the big dawgs this year. Of the teams you listed, the Whorns may actually play football if Mack can keep from sobbing like a jilted prom queen on the sideline. A&M (LOL). As for OSU, they have never understood that they are simply the OTHER school in Oklahoma.

"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT"

BG Jon Hooper
2nd Div/Cavalry Corps/AoM

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:56 am 
Gentlemen,

I've experienced a series of Supply Wagon thefts in the vicinity of Redbone Church. Grrr!!!

You won't be surprised in the least at who the culprit is. There will be a <b><u>REWARD</u></b> waiting for the first Officer in my Corps who brings me a <b><u>MAJOR CONFEDERATE VICTORY</u></b> against this fella.

(<i>If you're not in my Corps... what are you waiting for? It's not too late to get apiece of the action</i>!)

<center>Image</center>

Warmest Regards,

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:18 pm 

Roger, you shouldn't leave your wagons laying around like that - anyone can pick them up!

I see you've been doing some Google searches and broken into my other life. And to think I've always wondered what my professional colleagues would think about this passtime.

Gen. Matt Perrenod
<i>The Blue Ghost</i>
Commandant, Union Military Academy
1st Brigade, 2nd Division, VIII Corps, Army of the Shenandoah
UMA Class of '01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:21 pm 
General Perrenod,

Well, you have a rather unique last name, Sir! So I was reasonably certain I'd found the right fellow. But I wouldn't have been at all surprised if you said... "That's not my picture!" [;)]

I've had a few people discover my name on some ACWGC pages and given me a bit of a hard time about it. But it's an honest past-time so they can't really say too much!

Well, I've got to get back to Vicksburg, Sir. Some of my boys is routing under that relentless artillery fire you're been pouring into our defensive positions. I've got to figure out some way to convince them to stand and fight or things is going to get really ugly!

Rally to the flag, boys!

Gen. Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:10 am 
Generals Hooper & Kenney,

<b>Front and center!</b>

Gents, I just got my tail chewed by General Malone because of you two![:(!]

Apparently someone found both of your VMI class rings at a pawn shop in Richmond! [:0] My goodness... what's the deal with that? Were you guys in a poker game and couldn't come up with the money to pay off your gambling debts? Holy cow!

Well... you <b>BOTH</b> owe me $10 apiece because General Malone made me go down and get them out of hock! And I'll take it in Yankee gold if you don't mind!

Now stay out of trouble, will ya? Gosh, I'm trying to get on General Malone's good side... not his bad side!

General Roger Hulinsky

Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:16 am 
Gents,

Do you want to hear a lame excuse? Listen to the answer I got from General Hooper about those VMI class rings!

<i>Sir,

Well, the last time General Kenney and I were in Richmond we did have a go at the gaming tables. I backed General Kenney while he was playing, and what he giddily described as "a sure bet" turned out to be a bluff... Anyway, he was playing against some of Stuart's boys, and yes, they were probably cheating but we were also in Richmond and a long way from home. I gave General Kenney my ring to cover his terrible...uh, unfortunate game of cards.

That is the truth sir. General Kenney may try to spin bawdy stories of lovely maidens in bordelloes, but those stories are absolutely UNTRUE! Besides, there are not pictures. Without pictures it didn't happen.

Please take the $10 out of my next paycheck.

Brigadier General Jon Hooper</i>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:49 pm 

<font color="beige"><b>General Hulinsky, Suh!

Looks like you got yourself one fine young Colonel for 1st Division, Congratulations to both you and Colonel Welleman.</b></font id="beige">

<center> <font color="beige"><b>General R.A.'Bob'Weir
</b></font id="beige"><font color="green"><b><font size="4">CSA Eastern Theater Commander</b></font id="size4"></font id="green">
<b>ACWGC Cabinet Member</b> </center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:56 pm 

Welcome Col. Welleman - the IV Corps is glad to have you joining us!

Brig. General P. Kenney
3rd Division
Cavalry Corps
Army of the Mississippi, CSA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:25 am 

Glad to have you aboard, Col. Welleman. At least you aren't a Husker. [^]

BG Jon Hooper
2nd Div/Cavalry Corps/AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:23 pm 

Congratulations Jan! See you on South Mountain![:D]

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr,2nd Div,VIII Corp
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:15 pm 

Well, well, well and new DC, wet behind the years, hardly knows his hind quarters from that of a donkey...better look out...I know Roger likes to cling wrap the new guys to their bunks...[:p][:D]

Be careful of a guy named Nick Kunz...he'll sell you a pile of rocks before you know it you'll be neck high in them and off to the Red River Campaign... [:0]

Oh and don't get me started on some of the other guys...lol.

Hey what's that bluebelly doing in here...eh Drex...someone grab him..[:p][:D]

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<b>Lieutenant General Scott "The Mad Prussian" Ludwig</b>
Commanding Officer, Western Theater, CSA
"The Army Commissary" and "The Traveling Blowhard of Virginia"
Retired ANV Commander 2004-06

http://www.networkforgood.org

[url="http://napoleonicwargaming.com"]Napoleonic Wargaming - INWC[/url]</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:55 pm 
Gentlemen,

I wanted to personally thank General R.A. "Bob" Weir and General Nick Kunz for all the hard work that they've been doing on behalf of the Army of the Mississippi to get us up to snuff with regards to Medals & Ribbons. Our imagery was in great need of modernization. Thank you, gentlemen! You are <b>ALWAYS</b> welcome to charge your drinks to my tab while you are visiting us here!

In light of all the new hardware... I want to go ahead and issue some of it to deserving Officer's in the IV Corps!

<center><b>ATTENTION TO ORDERS!</b></center>

<center><b><u>Colonel Jan Welleman</u></b></center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Your Cavalry Division Cmdr Ribbon, Sir!</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Your AoM Service Ribbon, Sir!</center>

<center><b><u>Brigadier General Jon Hooper</u></b></center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Your 5 Year AoM Service Ribbon, Sir!</center>

<center><b><u>Brigadier General Paul Kenney</u></b></center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Your 5 Year AoM Service Ribbon, Sir!</center>

Congratulations, gentlemen! You bring great respect upon yourselves and the IVth "Cavalry" Corps!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky

Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:11 am 
Gentlemen,

My hat is off to General Ken Miller (1/2/VI, AoS) who easily bested me in our HPS Chickamauga engagement (009 P_Perryville V.4 (Meet) 35 /35) and walked away with a Union Major Victory! [xx(]

The General whipped me like a wet behind the ears school boy (which I was... errh... maybe still am) but he really gave me some great insights into HPS engine. It's quite a bit different from the TS offerings of old but I like a lot of the features available.

This meeting scenario was pretty good also. I'd recommend it to anyone and certainly recommend General Miller to anyone who would have the pleasure of engaging him on the field of battle. He must has enjoyed seeing me in misery... as we're planning on picking up another battle at Chancellorsville. Should be great fun!

Sorry about the loss, boys! I'm pulling the Corps down!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky

Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM
http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:23 am 

Although I'm on the same side as Gen. Miller, he ran roughshod over me at the Nepoleonic Wars, so I feel your pain- well deserved though it may be.[:D]

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr,2nd Div,VIII Corp
Army of the Shenandoah

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next