American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:08 pm 
As champions of the big 12, I will represent the Florida Gators.

MG D. Groce
AoP
V Corps
2nd Division
"Into the breach"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:24 am 

Gen. Hulinsky,

Thank you for the kind words.I hope you didn't take offense with my smack talk about Nebraska football. I guess it comes from the fact I went to school in Boulder in the late 60's and early 70's and we got kicked by the Hushers at least by 3 touchdowns everytime. Lot's of frustration. That being said my 2nd favorite team is whoever is playing the Huskers.[:D]

Brig. Gen. Tom Moore CSA
1st(Moore's)Brigade
2nd Div.,III Corp
Army of the Mississippi

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:30 am 

Capt.Ellis,

Since you wrote "The University" in orange you must be refering to the original BIG ORANGE the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE. GO VOLS!

Brig. Gen. Tom Moore CSA
1st(Moore's)Brigade
2nd Div.,III Corp
Army of the Mississippi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:45 am 

Well Sirs, although only 39 of <font color="orange">UT's 47 National Championships </font id="orange">have actually been in the NCAA, I am nonetheless gratified to see that, for the most part, you do take my meaning. Still, in the interest of peace between brothers-in-arms, may I also add: " <font color="orange">T for Texas T for Tennessee!</font id="orange">"

Captain J. Ellis
Officer Commanding
1/3/III AoG CSA
Hill Country Rifles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:37 am 

Gentlemen: It appears General Hulinsky has struck a raw nerve. I never realized that there was so much repressed desire to be Cornhuskers. Please feel free to vent as you wish about this deficiency. When you are all done crying, let's think about a BIG XII tournament. General Hulinsky and I, as the Huskers, will defend our stellar position within the conference against all comers.
Your obedient servant,
Jim Gleason LG 4-2-I AoP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:16 am 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">
Gents!

Just terrific, isn't this just special? Boys from the Blue and Grey, the North and South agreeing on some over rated praire football team! I mean, my gosh, what else would all those Boys be doing if it wasn't to play football.

Everyone knows the real football power house resides on the West Coast. Take your pick but time and again the best is in the West!

Regards,</font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
3/4/II Corps
Army of Georgia</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Chief of Engineering
VMI & CSA</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:11 pm 
Brig General Moore,
Tom,

Oh no... it's all in fun! (Until someone starts throwing frzen oranges onto the field!) [;)]

Of course, those silly east coast and west coast fella's wouldn't get the significance of that because so few of them have been to the Orange Bowl for a National Championship! [:p]

Gosh, wasn't that a great spanking the Husker's put on Tennessee in the Orange Bowl? Oh the memories...

Tom... did you stop by and get to see the FOUR Heisman Trophy's on display at Memorial Stadium the last time you were there?

I better quit... someone may club me!

General Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:21 pm 
Jim,

I think you hit it on the head, Sir! Repressing their true desire to be Cornhuskers!

Gosh, don't they know that anyone from anywhere can be a Cornhusker fan? All they have to do is take the sacred oath... complete a special ritual and speak the secret password.

Now gents, as I'm feeling very sorry for all of you... and after all we are mutual Club Member's... if you want to be a <b><font color="red">HUSKER</font id="red"></b> just email me and we'll get you started on the journey!

Oh yea, Jim... this tourney is going to be like taking candy from a baby. Of course, we would never do that to a baby... but anyone misinformed enough to root for someone other than Nebraska... well, they need to be schooled! [;)]

General Hulinsky
Cmdg, Cavalry
IV Corps, AoM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:42 pm 

Gentlemen,

I'll be glad to represent the Mizzou Tigers along with any fellow Missouri fans. I just ask to get a shot at those fellers from Lawrence.

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Kansas Jayhawk. She asks her students to raise theirs hands if they're Jayhawks too. Not really knowing what a Jayhawk is but wanting to please their teacher, their hands shoot up. All except one kid. The teacher asks him why he has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a Jayhawk." The boy replied. "Then, what are you?" The teacher asked. "I'm a Missouri Tiger." The boy replied. The teachers face was turning red by then and she asked the boy why he was a rebel. He said, "My mommy and daddy are Missouri Tigers, so I'm a tiger, too." The teacher was now very angry. She says loudly, "What if your mom was a moron, and so was your dad? What would you be then?" The boy replied simply, "No, then I'd be a Jayhawk."

<b> Lt Col Mark Truitt </b>
Bushwhacker Brigade
Stone Mountain Division
III Corps / AoG (CSA)

<i> "We'll fight them, sir, 'til hell freezes over, and then, sir, we will fight them on the ice." - A Confederate soldier at Gettysburg, in The Civil War by Shelby Foote </i>