American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:39 am 

The concussion from a lucky, Rebel shell last evening knocked me off of my mount and rendered the poor beast sensless. The vet informs me that it could be a week or more before my old, loyal mount may be ready for service. In the meantime I've been relegated to riding around in my wife's buggy, which is both totally ill-equipped for the military business at hand and of which she has strictly limited my use! (She has also instructed me to hang up my sword as it makes too much noise as I stomp about bemoaning my situation!) As a result I've been forced to reluctantly and sadly furl my colors in the interim.

I will try to report as I can in the days to come, but in the meantime ask all of my honored opponents and trainees to grant me the time necessary to effect my remount.

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Second Division, 14th Corps,
Army of the Cumberland

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:19 am 

Of course, Sir.

My mount has a similar problem as one of it's leg went bad and I repaired that leg with a NEW BOOT Driver. It could limp along on 3 legs as all my military intelligence was carried in another leg. However, as evil chance would have it, another leg went wonky and refuses to allow itself to be used. The dreaded click, click, click disease took that military leg out.

Fortunately, I did have a complete back up for that leg and a new leg is ready to be stitched in.

So, my horse is slightly hobbled, but still game and it is still only 8 years old, but in horse years I guess that is almost ancient.

<b><font color="gold">Ernie Sands
General, Commanding, Army of Ohio
ACWGC Cabinet Member
ACWGC Records Site Administrator
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:19 pm 

It was a pitiful thing to hear the animal softly whirling, whirling, whirling. I have heard of these evil clicking diseases you speak of, General Sands, and that on occasion their faces go blue with fright. I had pulled my sidearm to administer the final mercy, but was restrained in the hope that some elixir might be found to nurse him back to strength.

But can you actually reach a gallup on just three legs?

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Army of the Cumberland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:57 am 

I was able to reach a gallop, then the other leg went. So, my trusty muletop has been put into service and we are back up to a trot.[:p]

ACWGC Cabinet Member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:32 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Joe Meyer</i>
<br />It was a pitiful thing to hear the animal softly whirling, whirling, whirling. I have heard of these evil clicking diseases you speak of, General Sands, and that on occasion their faces go blue with fright. I had pulled my sidearm to administer the final mercy, but was restrained in the hope that some elixir might be found to nurse him back to strength.

But can you actually reach a gallup on just three legs?

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
Army of the Cumberland

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

General, I beg of you, holster that sidearm. Surely there must be an alternate remedy to the poor beasts afflictions. Ol' Blue, who is kin to your mount, assures me that a good veterinarian may provide a more humane ending to this problem. Another solution, of course, would be to put the poor beast out-to-pasture and to purchase another. I am also aware, however, that the procuring of a <b></b>good<b></b> vet can be both time consuming and expensive (as would be the purchase of another).

Your services to the war effort are legendary to both Armies. A disruption in these would be harmful to all. Perhaps it is time that an insurance program be examined by the ACWGC. A fund might be developed and administered by the ACWGC consisting of the monthly contributions($1) by those who are able, which could be drawn upon by those who face a similiar crisis. Repayment of funds drawn down would be expected along with an additional $5 contribution to the fund.

My experiences with the ACWGC are very similiar to those of another fine association from which I've personally contributed to and benefitted from, that being The Rotary Club. That service organization funds it's projects in a similiar fashion.

With God's help and my hope,

Brigadier General Larry Kocher
Commanding
1st Division
I Corp
Army of Georgia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:07 am 

General Sands, 8 years is ancient indeed! I thought I had it rough at 6 years, hoping things can stay good for awhile longer...

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member
http://www.geocities.com/laubster22/UnionHQ/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:30 am 

All Yankees ride like they are on a three legged horse so check first to see if your horse is acting like a "normal" Yankee horse.

If you still suspect trouble then I recommend liberally saturating the creature with "Chapman's Premium Horse Liniment". It will fix it up in no time.[:D]

LG. Kennon Whitehead
Chatham Grays
1/1/III AoM (CSA)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:07 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by laubster22</i>
<br />General Sands, 8 years is ancient indeed! I thought I had it rough at 6 years, hoping things can stay good for awhile longer...

Well, I have 2 new HD's going in and, right as we speak, doing a new complete backup of my game drive, which I got working, again today.

I just want to keep it going until next year and see what happens, then.

I did have all non-game stuff backup upon an external drive and on my laptop.

But, it is a drag having to get things back in order. At least, these new drives will work in a new computer, when needed.

ACWGC Cabinet Member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:04 pm 

Takes forever for me to get back into the swing of things. I'm not smart enough to have my game folders backed up - I have to do it 1 disk at a time...

Never claimed much intelligence...[xx(]

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:32 pm 

Location: Mukilteo, Washington, USA - 25 miles north of Seattle
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="4"><font color="beige">Gen Laub Sir! <salute>

For a simple olde country Boy you sure have the prettiest and biggest General rank of the Union army that I have ever seen!

Respectfully,</font id="beige"></font id="size4"></font id="Book Antiqua">

<font color="limegreen"><font size="4">Gen Nick Kunz
Commanding
3/4/II Corps
Army of Georgia</font id="limegreen"><font color="orange">
Chief of Engineering
VMI & CSA</font id="orange"></font id="size4">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:22 pm 

Sure long winded. All the General had to say was that a Rebel sniper took out his horse and be done with it[:D] But oh no, he has to carry on about how his superior has him riding around in a buggy......... Also if you was taller then your sword, then it wouldn't drag on the floor, and make all that noise and bother your superior officer [:D]. So I guess I'll go back and finish my Espresso and read some more of these Yankee escapades. Oh General Laub Suh, I thought you was in Navy Intelligence [|)].

Good Day

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:20 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by boilertech</i>
<br />. So I guess I'll go back and finish my Espresso and read some more of these Yankee escapades. Oh General Laub Suh, I thought you was in Navy Intelligence [|)].

No!! He was in <u>NAVEL INTELLIGENCE!</u>[:D]

ACWGC Cabinet Member
</b></font id="gold">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:30 am 

If there's anything worse than a long-winded officer who likes to prattle on about his personal misfortunes, its an expresso-drinking Rebel who has nothing better to do than listen to him, General Bastiani! But if you'd like to read something a little more interesting and substantial, then try this: http://www.brettschulte.net/CWBlog/2007 ... man-thing/

In the meantime, the vets are telling me that they were able to revive my damaged mount and that while he is still alive, that I should quickly make provision to bring in a younger, stronger mount to meet him so that he may pass on some of his old tricks!

Maj. Gen. Jos. C. Meyer
<font color="blue">Second Division, 14th Corps,
Army of the Cumberland</font id="blue">

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:57 pm 

Very good reading, and well written General Joe.

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
III Corp
AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:15 am 

AS in the oranges, I'm sure you meant, General Sands...

Don't make me drag the Corpse into this...

General Jeff Laub
Union Chief of the Army
ACWGC Cabinet Member