American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:43 pm 

Officers of the Club,

The Cabinet has discussed the topic of Mustering, and collectively agrees that the current Rules, as written, allow sufficient flexibility and guidance on Mustering in the Club. We also feel that personal interaction, where appropriate, is a key element that sets our Club apart, and as a Cabinet, we endeavor to encourage that interaction at all levels within the Club. Many tools or methods can be and are used for muster purposes, with the key to their effectiveness almost always being in how each individual commander implements them - not necessarily in the tool or technology itself. Any questions regarding the actual implementation of Muster should be directed to the respective Chain of Command up to either Union or CSA Chief of the Army.

As always, the Cabinet appreciates insightful, well considered input. Do try to remember, we are officers and gentlemen. :-)

Your humble servant,
Gen 'Dee Dubya' Mallory

David W. Mallory
ACW - General, 3/2/I/AotM (Club President & Cabinet Member)
CCC - Lieutenant, Georgia Volunteers, Southern Regional Department, Colonial American Army

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:55 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tciampa</i>
I know who he is from way back in the CCC when his crude, rude and insulting manner prompted me to summarily leave that club despite enjoying it.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well that's a pity then. Why don't you come back? These times are long ago you know ... and the CCC is a <b>great</b> club.

[Edit: of course the CCC is a *small* club. But it still feels great. [:)]]

Gen. Walter, USA
<i>The Blue Blitz</i>
3/2/VIII AoS
West Point Class of '01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:53 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="3" face="book antiqua" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tciampa</i>
<br />Well I would like to comment here and now. My comment is why does club after club even put up with him. He is best at bullying, not discussing. I left one club because of him, and didn't join that new Musket and whatever club that I was recently told about precisely because whoever told me, told me that he was running it!

And I don't need him to tell me who he is and how much he has done for this and other clubs and how much he knows...I know who he is from way back in the CCC when his crude, rude and insulting manner prompted me to summarily leave that club despite enjoying it. One joins these clubs for fun not to be insulted. His insulting name-calling is simply insufferable. He doesn't have to like the policies and can certainly voice his opinion. But he can also leave...again...if he can't be a gentleman. There are some that would even consider that a favor. I don't care how many "mods" or other work he has done...sometimes the "maintenance" is just too high a price to pay.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If you are talking about who I think you are...all I can say is good on you Tom. I'm right behind you.

Ditto with the new club. I have made a point of not joining because of the same reason.

Thanks Tom. Good post.

Cheers

Nik

Nik Butler
Lt Col, 4/2/XXV, AOJ, Union Army

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:36 pm 

All this over answering a simple email lol. Amazing.

Fld Lt Neal Hebert
4/1/I AotM
Bayou Devils

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:23 am 

Colonel Peters,

I've already mentioned my experience while searching for lieutenants for the Lieutenant's Cup as far as determining who is or isn't active based on games in the DoR. I'm sure the situation extends to several officers of both armies, however the fact that there has been no battle entries for several months (or a year) could be simply because of the length of a scenario and a low number of weekly turn exchanges. The bottom line is I was unable to determine who was active simply by doing this.

I may be in the minority (or the only member), but I believe a top-to-bottom muster is needed to update the rosters for both armies. Chief of Staff to Army commanders, Army commanders to Corps commanders, etc. Find out who replies at each echelon. If there are breakdowns in the chain at a command level, then that would need to be looked into.

My regards,

Fld Lt Neal Hebert
4/1/I AotM
Bayou Devils

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:41 am 

And after all fella's...if we got time to post new threads to the forum than we got time to reply to an email or answer a muster call don't we?

Fld Lt Todd J Pollard
1/3/II
"Price's Cav, Missouri's Finest"
Army of Alabama
CSA