American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:08 pm 
Gentlemen,

I got a little painting done at AotM's HQ today! I'm not really sure that I completely like the new "Goldenrod" color that my wife picked out... but she says that she got it on sale. No surprise there! [;)]

Take a peak if you're interested! (Maybe take your sunglasses with you!) <salute>

http://www.rogerhulinsky.com/AoM.html

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:07 am 

Ah, Roger, here is where I now find you! 'Twas puzzled by the descent of the IV Corps thread, but now I understand. Probably best that you switched from cavalry to army command, because those horsemen don't do so well in the woods at Shiloh.

Congratulations on the speed with which you've reorganized this outfit.

Gen. Matt Perrenod
<i>The Blue Ghost</i>
Commandant, Union Military Academy
1st Brigade, 2nd Division, VIII Corps, Army of the Shenandoah
UMA Class of '01

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:08 pm 
Gentlemen of the AotM,

As most of you know... the Army of the Mississippi has been engaged in an IntraArmy Tournament, which we refer to as the "King of the Hill" Tourney. The web page for the tournament is located here:

<center>http://rogerhulinsky.com/KotH/index1.html</center>

I want to take this opportunity to thank Lt General Mark Adams & Lt Colonel Hampus Drott for their help with the imagery and the web pages for the "KotH" site. Many thanks, gentlemen! <salute>

Round One of the Tournament is completed and we are nearly done with Round Two. Round One has actually been completed for quite some time and I've been slow in getting the Round One Participants Ribbons awarded. But I had an opportunity this afternoon and 16 fine Officer's have received their awards. Here's a sample of one of the Awards that was issued.

<center>Image</center>

Here is the KotH Participants Ribbon which these Officer's received.

<center>Image</center>

And now the most important part... the Officer's who recieved them. Please join me in congratulating these Officer's who help make the Army of the Mississippi what it is!

<center>General Nick Kunz</center>
<center>Lt Col Hampus Drott</center>
<center>Capt Ian Travers</center>
<center>Col Robert Hardee</center>
<center>General Tony Malone</center>
<center>Lt Col Nick DeStefano</center>
<center>Col Roy Rurcell</center>
<center>BGen Carlo Bonferroni</center>
<center>BGen Ken Miller</center>
<center>MGen Przemek Niedzielski</center>
<center>LGen Gery Bastiani</center>
<center>LGen Mark Adams</center>
<center>General D.W. Mallory</center>
<center>MGen Jan Welleman</center>
<center>Lt Col John Brogden</center>
<center>MGen Jim Pfluecke</center>

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:07 pm 

General Hulinsky <salute>

I offer my compliments sir!

My congratulations to each of my comrades in the Army of the Mississippi who have been recognized for their participation in this prestigious competition! Our increased maneuvers can only result in bad news for our Yankee opponents, as our officers are training diligently in preparation for upcoming battles.

Lt Col Neal Hebert
2nd Divisions, I Corps, AotM
"Gator Alley"
Quartermaster, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:20 am 

Excellent Army page Roger. You do have talent with the brush. No doubt you have taken a liking to Army command.

BG Drex Ringbloom,
Cdr, 2nd Div "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:15 pm 
Gentleman,

I've been getting some rather strange battle reports from Franklin, Tennessee. Apparently an AotM Officer and an AoS Officer are engaged there but I'm not really sure if these reports can be trusted.

Take a look and see what you think! [;)]

<center>Image</center>

<center>Image</center>

A strange battle indeed!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:53 am 
Gentlemen,

General Nick Kunz stopped by my HeadQuarters this afternoon and he had a package from the CSA Medal Works and Foundry out of Lynchburg, Virginia. While the exterior of the package looked like it had been jostled around in a few wagons and stuffed into a variety of packs and saddlebags... the interior of the package arrived in perfect condition.

I looked over the Orders that arrived with the package and it was an Award for one of our fine AotM Officers. I quickly dispatched a rider to Lt Colonel Nick DeStefano's Corps and had his Fourth Cavalry Corps quickly assembled.

<center><b>FRONT & CENTER</b></center>

<center><b>Major General Jan Welleman</b></center>

<center>Image</center>

Sir, you are awarded a CWI (Collision in the West) Tournament Ribbon for your partipation in the Tournament between the AoA and the AoC. Congratulations on your Award! I shall have Lt Col Hampus Drott post it to the IV Corps page and to your Officer Dossier! <salute>

Keep up the fight, Sir!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:22 am 
Attention to orders: VMI Staff Assignment for Lt. Colonel Neal Hebert

Effective: 14 October, 1863

Lieutenant Colonel Neal Hebert, CSANH1197, you will report to the Vicksburg Military Institute to assume the duties of Adjutant to the Commandant. This Officer has demonstrated the necessary skills to support the administrative needs of the Office of the Commandant, by his exemplary performance as Quartermaster of VMI. He is a credit to this fine Institution and to the Confederate States of America.

Here forth stated and by order of the Commandant, Vicksburg Military Institute.

Colonel Waylon H. Hughes Jr.,
Commandant,
Vicksburg Military Institute,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:31 am 
Lt Colonel Hebert,
Neal,

Congratulations on your appointment to Adjutant to the Commandant at VMI! <salute>

I have a great deal of respect for those who go above and beyond the Call of Duty and make themselves available to the young Cadets at VMI. It requires a sacrifice on your part but it has incredible benefits not only to the Cadets themselves but also to the Army of the Mississippi and to the Confederacy as a whole.

If we have any other Officer's who would be interested in serving at VMI. Please contact [url="mailto:whughesjr@gt.rr.com"]Commandant Waylon H. Hughes Jr.[/url] at VMI.

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:34 am 
Today's news from VMI is that of a command change at the Institute.

General Nick Kunz, Commandant VMI, having served in that capacity for three different terms has stepped down as Commandant VMI. Effective 12 October 2009, by order of General W. Tisdale, Chief of Armies, the new Commandant VMI is yours truly. General Kunz, took over the Commandant position several months ago on a temporary basis. A few weeks ago he and Lt. General John Newton, Deputy Commandant VMI, asked would I be willing to assume the position of Commandant when the time was right. I agreed to the new position and plans had been in the works to bring about the Change on Oct. 1st of this year, but a death in my family prevented the change from taking place on the original date. General Kunz will remain at VMI as a faculty instructor and in a advisory role to the Commandant. In addition to those duties General Kunz is the Chief of Engineers with the AoG, VMI, and a couple of other positions within the ACWGC. He has earned himself a very well deserved rest. I want to personally thank him for his guidance, advice, and most importantly his friendship. General Kunz, my compliments and best wishes sir, job well done,<SALUTE>.
I would also like to announce to you that Lt. Colonel Neal Hebert, has accepted the staff position of Adjutant to the Commandant. Lt. Colonel Hebert will continue to be in charge of the Lieutenant's Cup Match in his new staff position, as well as other staff duties assigned to him. Lt. Colonel Hebert also commands the 1st Division, AotM in addition to his staff duties. Neal, thank you very much for remaining on staff and agreeing to take on more responsibility here at VMI. Lt. General John Newton, Deputy Commandant VMI, has also agreed to remain on staff and will continue to serve in his present position of Deputy Commandant VMI.. John, thank you for all that you do and for agreeing to remain on staff as Deputy Commandant. In addition to General Newton's staff duties here at the Institute, he also commands the Army of Northern Virginia.
VMI Class 2009, the following is the current staff at VMI:

Commandant------------------------Colonel Waylon H Hughes Jr.
Deputy Commandant-------------Lt. General John Newton
Adjutant to the Commandant--Lt. Colonel Neal Hebert
Staff Advisor VMI------------------General Nick Kunz
Dean of Cadets--------------------Vacant for time being
Quartermaster----------------------Vacant for time being

As you can tell two current staff positions are open at this time. I hope to fill both positions in the near future. Gentlemen I can assure you that there will be no drop off in the quality of services provided by VMI with this command change. As always the Vicksburg Military Institute staff is willing and ready to assist each of you in anyway possible. We on staff look foreword to working with each of you in your various commands and stages of training. Should you need us at any time please do not hesitate to call upon us. We wish each of you the best in all your engagements and future endeavors as we all work together to further our great cause and defend our homelands from the attacking hordes up North.

IT'S BETTER TO WIN A FRIEND THAN TO WIN A BATTLE.

Colonel Waylon H Hughes Jr.
Commandant
Vicksburg Military Institute

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:38 am 
Gentlemen <salute>

I sent out correspondence some time back on what was then a new competition sponsored by the two academies called the Lieutenant's Cup. Although I posted the results of the 3rd Quarter, 2009, in both the Mason Dixon Tavern and in the VMI Mess Hall, I thought I'd contact the senior commanders of the Confederate States Army and provide a report.

The competition has been a great success, with nearly every new lieutenant agreeing to participate. To date there have been 19 battles arranged as part of the competition.
The results of the 3rd Quarter, 2009, saw the Vicksburg Military Institute take home the "Loving Cup" which is now on display in the Academy Headquarters. Possession of the cup will be determined at the end of each quarter, with the winning academy taking possession. The cup will remain in place in the event of a draw.

I now post the names of the honored Confederate officers who completed Lieutenant's Cup battles during the 3rd Quarter. Each officer was awarded the Lieutenant's Cup Ribbon and the VMI Medal for Valor if this was their first battle against the Yankee invaders:

Lt Col Hampus Drott, AotM, IV Corps XO
Maj George Tarr, ANV, 4/3/III Corps
Capt Michael Gandt, ANV, 2/3/II Corps
Capt Clay Livingston, AoG, 1/4/I Corps
Capt Todd Pollard, AoA, 1/3/II Corps
Capt Paul Van Ravenswaay, AoA, 4/2/II Corps
Fld Lt Harry Haines, AotM, 4/2/III Corps
Fld Lt Mathew Ozvat, AoA, 3/3/III Corps
Fld Lt Stewart Stiles, AotM, 1/3/III Corps

If you know of any lieutenants or captains in your commands who have not participated, I invite them contact me if they are interested. I will gladly assist in locating Yankee opponents for them.

My highest regards,

Lt Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
"Gator Alley"
Quartermaster, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:22 pm 

General Hulinsky <salute>

Sir, my sincere appreciation for your kind words. I am honored to have the trust of the Commandant and look forward to the serving as his adjutant.

Nicodemus sends his regards.

Lt Col Neal Hebert
"Gator Alley"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:16 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

It is with great honor that I announce the following promotion, earned on the field of honor:

Harry Haines has been promoted to the rank of Captain. Captain Haines commands the 4th Brigade, 2nd Division, III Corps of the Army of the Mississippi.

Captain Haines, my congratulations on your achievement! Promotions are a special occassion, as they reflect the accomplishments of those promoted as well as the potential of the promoted officer. Your achievements reflect great credit on you, the Army of the Mississippi, and the Confederate States Army.

My highest regards sir!

Lt Col Neal Hebert
"Gator Alley"
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:31 am 
Captain Haines,
Harry,

Congratulations on your promotion, Sir! You are a credit to the Army of the Mississippi! <salute>

Here is some Captain's ensignia, Sir! Wear it with pride!

<center>Image</center>

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:14 am 
<center>Image</center>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next