American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:30 pm 
Lt General Hodgkiss,
Rusty,

Hey... congratulations on your promotion, Sir! This is the first time I noticed your new rank! <salute>

As for your whipping me at Franklin... well, it is what it is! You beat me... plain and simple! [:)]

But if I had as many troops as you did... I sure as heck wouldn't have lost 1800 cavalry, 19 leaders and 1460 points in supply wagons! Man oh man... you played a very sloppy game! (Or I'm just plain brilliant! Errr... that's not it, I'm sure!) But your being from Ohio and all... you probably tore a page out of General Grant's strategy book... "I don't care how many men I lose... I'm going to bleed the South to death... even if I have to lose 12 Yanks for every Reb!" LOL!

Anyway, I'll get my revenge at Antietam! (Hey, how much did you pay Pat for strategic advice in our game? Is he going to be giving you assistance in this game too?) [;)]

You're a great sport, Sir! And I say that even without considering the fact that you bought my lunch at Friendly's!

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:14 pm 

General Hulinsky,

Was quite a sloppy game on my part...(Combined with a well played game on your part.)It never once occurred to me that you might try and do something...thought you'd just sit back, and await your destruction.

I can't even understand Pat when he talks...rocket scientist and such!

Lunch at Friendly's! We were planning on doing that again this summer, but with you in Nebraska and such...goodness knows...you'll never find it!

Antietam tomorrow...wading through paperwork tonight.

"General Sickles, this is in some respects higher ground than that to the rear, but there is still higher in front of you, and if you keep on advancing you will find constantly higher ground all the way to the mountains."
-Major General George Meade, Commanding the Army of the Potomac, July 2, 1863

Lt. General Rusty Hodgkiss
VIII AoS
[img][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/mongohuey/generalhodge.jpg[/img]

[IMG]

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:27 pm 
Lt General Hodgkiss,
Rusty,

Oh shucks... you know they make a book for that! "Interpreting Rocket Scientists for Dummies!" Of course, I've never been able to open my copy... my wife says it's shrink wrapped... whatever that is! [;)]

I knew you'd say something about getting TEMPORARILY MISDIRECTED!!! LOL!

The maneuver with my cavalry was a gamble on my part. I knew I was in trouble but I thought I'd try to stir things up. I still didn't win but it sure made things interesting! I have to give you credit... you never once stopped pressing forward and that's what finished me off in the end. If you'd have hesitated and delayed for a few turns... I might have gotten lucky and survived the ordeal.

No problem on the game file. I know all to well about those horrible words... "Army paperwork"! ;) Say "Hello" to Carrie Ann for me! And I'm still planning on making it back east next summer for a trip... so maybe we can figure something out. [:)]

Later,

General Hulinsky

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:18 pm 

Hi Roger,
Was looking at the Victory tag and saw that you both lost 7 pieces of artillery BUT how come yours had a 1 in front to the other three numbers [:D]. By the way were does a fellow from W.VA find a pretty girl? In North Carolina [:p]

Respectfully,
Lt. Gen. Gery Bastiani
3/3/III AotM CSA

"If there is a shell or bullet over there destined for us, it will find us" - General James Longstreet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:49 pm 
Lt. General Bastiani,
Gery,

That's a very interesting question, Sir!

It seems that when I submitted my Termination Bid without moving any of my troops... that the fine Lt. General Hodgkiss went ahead and attacked my boys who had advanced under a flag of truce! Here all my boys had laid down their arms and were tending to the wounded and then 23,000 Yanks came sweeping across the open fields with bayonets drawn! [:0]

The casualties were horrendous and several batteries of guns were overrun! I thought it was a vile move on his part but what could I do about it? As usual... those black hearted Yanks behaved poorly but I've since tried to put that nightmarish scene out of my mind! [V] But what can you expect from Officer's under the command of Pat Thompson! [}:)]

I think any self respecting Yank in the Union Army should defect to the Confederacy for fear of being associated with such vile practices! [:(!]

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

PS... Many elements of this tale are fictional! But it makes a much better story this way! [;)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:21 pm 

Well, I see that my reputation has exceeded me...

Since I am a lowly Chief of Staff, not worthy of promotion... I command no one...

It's kind of weird though... I think in ALL of my head to head games... the Rebs have all stopped sending turns... 8 games and I haven't gotten a turn in quite a while... 6 different rebel generals... <sigh> Guess if you don't play you don't lose...

Hmmm, MP games are proceeding slowly... hmmmm

And I'm guessing Roger is "too busy" for a campaign... LOL

Major General Thompson
Chief of Staff
AoS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:07 am 

Gentlemen <salute>

My compliments, and this effort is to see that Nicodemus is offered up for the public to view. I'm not very skilled with computer applications [:I]

Lt Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
"Gator Alley"
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:49 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

My attempt to post Nicodemus seems to have failed, so he will remain incrocknito until either I figure it out (unlikely) or General Hulinsky comes to the rescue.

Lt Col Neal Hebert
"Gator Alley"
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:24 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

Nicodemus is getting a bit frustrated, however we will prevail eventually.

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

http://www.acwgc.org/GatorAlley/DivisionFlag2.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:16 pm 

Gentlemen <salute>

General Hulinsky is extemely fond of Nicodemus and has come to the rescue. This post will hopefully put the matter to rest.

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:12 am 
Gentlemen,

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Captain Stuart Nichols and Lt Colonel Art Ingram?

They have not been seen in some time and their Division Commander has been unable to reach them. Send a rider to AotM Headquarters if you have any information on this matter!

Thanks,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:00 am 

General Hulinsky <salute>

My apologies, however I haven't met the officers you're searching for. The Yankees may want to check with Nicodemus, however, if they seem to be missing an officer. It seems he was out on recon recently.

I am your obedient servant,

Lt Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:08 pm 
Officer's of the AotM,

It is my pleasure to award the AotM Outstanding Brigade Award to Lt Colonel Neal Hebert for October 2009!

<center>Image</center>

This Award reconginzes an Officer's "All-Around" contributions to the Army of the Mississippi in a wide variety of ways. I have chosen to recognize Lt Colonel Hebert because of his activity in so many of these areas. He has never failed to Muster In since the reestablishment of the AotM Muster system. He is active in the Forums at the Mason-Dixon Tavern and particularly under the AotM topic where you will often find him congratulating others on their achievements. He is active in numerous engagements against the enemy and involved in maneuvers within the AotM. He has advanced to the Fourth Round of the KotH Tournament. He also is serving as a Division Cmdr and looks after the welfare of the other Officer's in his Divison. I have received numerous emails from him acting on the behalf of his Bde Cmdrs. His October Division Cmdrs Report was excellent. Beyond this he also serves as an Adjutant at the Vicksburg Military Institute.

<center>Image</center>

Now not everyone is going to be able to contribute to the AotM and the Club in the same way that Lt Colonel Hebert does but I would be remiss in not recognizing his efforts on our behalf. Congratulations, Sir! I very much appreciate your efforts in helping make the AotM the Army that it is today!

Warmest Regards,

General Roger Hulinsky
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:32 pm 

<font color="beige"><b>Congratulations Neal that's a mighty fine award to hang in your HQ tent.

By the way loved the tin type of Nicodemus...he appears to have appropriated a real fine union side arm there![;)]</b></font id="beige">

<center> <font color="beige"><b>General R.A.'Bob'Weir
</b></font id="beige"><font color="green"><b><font size="4">CSA Eastern Theater Commander</b></font id="size4"></font id="green">
<b>ACWGC Cabinet Member</b> </center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:18 pm 

Well done young man <salute> I have to agree with General Weir, it is a very fine award.

Brig Gen Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 405 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 27  Next