American Civil War Game Club (ACWGC)

ACWGC Forums

* ACWGC    * Dpt. of Records (DoR)    *Club Recruiting Office     ACWGC Memorial

* CSA HQ    * VMI   * Join CSA    

* Union HQ   * UMA   * Join Union    

CSA Armies:   ANV   AoT

Union Armies:   AotP    AotT

Link Express

Club Forums:     NWC    CCC     Home Pages:     NWC    CCC    ACWGC
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:44 pm 

Just so the AotM doesn't go unanswered in their boasting, I would like to announce that so far in 2010 (as of 2/8/10), the AoS has had 14 victories against the Armies of Southern Sympathies. To wit:
Against the AotM:3 Majors, 1 Minor
AoA: 4 Majors, 1 minor
AoG: 1 minor
ANV: 1 Major, 2 minor
CoA: 1 Major
We wouldn't want people to think that the AotM was the only one out there who was winning some battles!

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
Commanding 2nd Div, "Corcoran's Legion", VIII Corps
Army of the Shenandoah

Profile Send private message  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:13 pm 

Drex

You da man!!!

Way to rub their snouts in it [:D]

<center>Image
General John Corbin
Commander in Chief
Army of The Shenandoah
USA</center>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:17 pm 

But can you beat us to the bar[?] I think not[:D]

Major General Cam McOmish
Commander Western Theater
Confederate States of America

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:30 pm 

General Ringbloom <salute>

Sir, my compliments! I can't speak for General Hulinsky, however I know he has the utmost respect for the gentlemen of the AoS. The AoS is a fine organization, and your division has a well-deserved reputation for excellence.

That said, the numbers show that head-to-head this year we have a 6-4 advantage over the AoS and a 14-10 advantage in battle victories overall. We may not be the only ones out there winning battles, however we seem to be winning more of them [:D]

Nicodemus sends his regards,

Col Neal Hebert
2nd Division, I Corps, AotM
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:41 pm 

Yes, Col. Hebert, the AotM HAD a 6-4 advantage but I just got a major today so that makes it 6-5 and the month, nay, the year is still young! The AoS is just warming up!

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:07 pm 

Sir, my compliments! I take it from the speed of your rider that you have some grudge with the AotM? Warm up sir, we're out there waiting [:D]

my regards,

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:20 pm 

No grudge, Colonel, but a club rivalry which can only make things interesting.

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:51 am 
Major General Ringbloom,
Drex,

Why Sir... I'd swear you were the Army Cmdr for the AoS if I didn't know any better! [;)]

The intention of the "AotM 2010 Stats" listed at the AotM HQ here in the MDT wasn't about boasting or embarassing our Union counterparts exclusively because if that would had been the intention... then I would have listed the names of the Union Officer's against whom we'd won victories. But I purposely avoided that.

Now as for the claims of attempting to create some sort of rivalry... that is DEFINITELY what I am attempting to do. I think rivalry is a good thing and creates heightened interest and activity for everyone involved... on both sides of the battlefield.

The question that I have been asking myself for the past few months is... "How do we go about evaluating the success and level of activity of our Armies?" Some folks would say through Tournaments... but in my opinion every Tournament is flawed (some more than others) in some way or another as there is no such thing as a truly balanced scenario and not everyone participates in these Tournaments anyway.

So my solution to the problem is to track Victories against our Union counterparts. It's a pretty simple process as I can pull down a monthly Army Report from the DoR and see what occured in the previous month. It will allows me to see how active we've been as an Army and how active individual Officers are.

As I continue to track things... I'll be able to see in which months the AotM is really active and the months in which we are slower. And then at year end I'll be able to establish a benchmark of what we've accomplished in 2010 and compare it to how we do in 2011. So in essense, this Stat tracking is largely for the benefit of the AotM.

But it certainly does stir up some rivalry... as this post is definitely a result of that. But that's a good thing if we can banter back and forth about who has won more victories against the other.

For instance, the statistics I've posted are through January 31st... so I "could" say that the AotM achieved it's 14 victories against the Union Armies in 8 fewer days than it took the AoS to get it's 14 victories against the CSA Armies. Clearly that means the AotM is superior to the AoS, right? [;)]

But all in all... it's all in good natured fun and you should all know that about me by now! In my opinion, the AoS clearly leads the field among the Union Armies but I believe we'll see some more competition in the Union camp with the reorganization of a number of the Union Armies. I am also positive that the AoP will rise up under the fine leadership of General Miller!

I still want to know which Army in the Western Theater of the Union is supposed be the AotM's counterpart... but until I receive Official Notification from General Walters about that... I'll continue to target the AoS as the AotM's arch rival.

Warmest Regards,

General Leondias Polk
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:32 am 

General Hulinsky(Roger): I knew you couldn't let my post go unanswered and of course you picked up the point right away that its a rivalry that we nurture. I appreciate you not listing the officers defeated as you well know I'm one of them.[B)]I certianly don't want things to degenerate and I for one will not let them since I regard you as a friend even though you have been brainwashed to back the losing side. But let the boasting go on, it can only lead to better things.

Maj.Gen. Drex Ringbloom,
Army of the Shenandoah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:05 am 

I need a Vicksburg Campaign... Any AoM guys want to go?

Lt. General Thompson
XIX Corps,
Army of the Shenandoah

"That's damn ungenerous! I shall take those guns for that!"

-General Phil Sheridan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:49 pm 
Major General Thompson,
Pat,

Are we going to adjust the advantage slider to +25% for the Confederate forces? Even then... it might not help the Rebel side enough! LOL! <salute>

General Leonidas Polk
Cmdg, AotM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:00 pm 

Sir, my compliments!

You are entirely correct, as "rivalry" sounds much better than "grudge". You have my apologies, sir!

I look forward to our rivalry, and continue warming up because we're still out there waiting [:D]

My regards,

Col Neal Hebert
Adjutant, VMI